3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Grantham_Mariner
January 15, 2020, 7:54pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,184
Gold Stars: 51
Things I would hate if we got to the Premiership.....

1    The cost of a Ticket (or Seson Ticket)
2    VAR
3    Players who fall to the ground like they have been shot when an opponent just touches them.
4    Not playing every week on Saturday at 3pm
5    £50+ for a replica shirt.
6    Sitting with all the plastic fans that appear from nowhere.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 28
ginnywings
January 15, 2020, 8:54pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,119
Gold Stars: 548
I'm sure some clubs premier league season ticket prices were cheaper than Town's. They don't make the bulk of their money from ticket sales.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 28
promotion plaice
January 15, 2020, 9:11pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,049
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

2    VAR
3    Players who fall to the ground like they have been shot when an opponent just touches them.

I think I could bring myself to put up with the above if we were to reach the promised land.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 28
aldi_01
January 15, 2020, 9:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
In Grantham’s list the only thing that would be frustrating is the random KO times, although we’d be a no mark team so a vast amount of our games would be 3pm KOs anyway.

Shirts are almost £50 anyway, season tickets naturally rise as the team improves, although there are STs available in the top flight for similar prices to league 1-2 clubs.

Diving exists at every level these days. VAR is male masturbation...but so is going away to Stevenage. I could cope with however excrement it is for an away game at Villa park or Goodison et al.

Glory fans would’ve appeared well before we went up to the top flight, they’d start to appear the moment the club went in to the ascendency...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 28
Rik e B
January 15, 2020, 9:53pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
I'd rather have the glory fans on board than look like a tinpot small-time Charlie with a just a few thousand fans in the upper echelons.

Never quite get the moaning about glory fans or part timers. Most are died in the wool Town who read and listen to all the updates on their Club but just need a bit more coercing out of their hard earned. And any brand new fans... Welcome aboard -hopefully fans for life and start a generational tradition of supporting Town: father, Son, Grandson and on and on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 28
PoutonStepover
January 15, 2020, 11:20pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +107
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

2    VAR

1   Ticket prices won’t be any higher in the PL than they would be if we were still in L2
2   VAR will have been refined by the time we get to the PL
3   A la Moses Ogbu, Ahkeem Rose ect have been doing this season?
4   Almost all of our games would be 3pm KO anyway, we’re never going to be the Man City vs Liverpool exciting TV draw are we! We currently have 2 1pm kick offs a season anyway vs Scunny (spit)
5   I’d be over the moon to be paying an extra £7 for my shirt to watch town in the PL
6   So you’d rather be sat within spitting distance of probably 50 empty seats as has been most of this season so far, rather than sat amongst the next generation of Mariners die hards?

Sorry but every one of the glass half empty points that you’d “hate” if we got the the PL are an absolute joke!

There are no hurdles, financially, geographically or morally, that would stop me following my team, as I have for the past 25 years. My 7 year old son is the next generation, he lives his life waiting for Saturdays, he idolises the team as did I at his age, he stands with me pitch side on the final whistle and claps his team off the pitch wether we’ve won or been hammered 4-0. He is loyal to his team and will be there come rain or shine, Premier League or National League.

UTMM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 28
Mayaman
January 15, 2020, 11:42pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,400
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
How would you feel if Town did a Bournemouth? Rich owner, etc

I think Bournemouth still hold some dignity.  It still has a family feel.  I'd rather them be up their with a rich owner than go the way of Bury, which they nearly did.  Take a look at their manager.  He was playing for them at Wembley when they played Town. I bumped into their fans on the way home that day.  Cracking bunch of lads who bought me a beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 28
Rik e B
January 16, 2020, 1:06am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
I always remember Eddie Howe standing out for them and I rarely focus on opposition players. Maybe because he was so blonde... or maybe because he was a thorn in our side? I remember noticing just how much it seemed to mean to him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 28
Heisenberg
January 16, 2020, 8:34pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,044
Gold Stars: 93
The Premier League is gross in many ways, but it is entertaining and revered around the world, so it serves its purpose.

However, the real problems lie in The Championship. Nearly every club over spending to eye watering levels. That really IS a bubble that has to burst. I’m not sure I’d even be excited about Town being at THAT level anymore.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 28
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Premier League ...the disease

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.