This thread currently has 16,572 views. Print
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Rik e B
January 14, 2020, 12:21am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Mud should be on mud, not concrete, don't you know.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 62
Mayaman
January 14, 2020, 4:39am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,400
Gold Stars: 74
I watched the video posted on here and the clip moves on before you see if the shot went in or not
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 62
Garth
January 14, 2020, 7:39am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Underwhelming to say the least, bottom of conference fodder
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 62
H19P1
January 14, 2020, 8:26am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +710
You never know guys he may be awesome with us. If he actually signs and plays 10 plus games then surely he can then be judged?

These are the types of signings that can give extra money in the bank in a few years time and progress the club.

You'd rather try than do nothing at all
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 62
aldi_01
January 14, 2020, 8:33am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I mean he looks a bit shite but then to be fair, what would people make of these sort of videos of players in our squad?

Who actually knows, like any job, any employee is a gamble when you take them on...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 62
Bradford Mariner
January 14, 2020, 8:46am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +88
Gold Stars: 2
If Jolley had considered someone with this track record he'd have got slaughtered.

We shouldn't touch this one with a barge pole.

UTM

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 62
Rodley Mariner
January 14, 2020, 8:57am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
He's having a trial. If he's as poor as everyone assumes that will be it. Guess he had him as a kid at Palace and maybe thought he had something. Don't see the harm in having a look.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 62
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 14, 2020, 9:09am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Bradford Mariner
If Jolley had considered someone with this track record he'd have got slaughtered.

We shouldn't touch this one with a barge pole.

UTM

Assume this is simply down to the fact that IH would have seen him play as a youngster and know he has talent and is probably very surprised he has not made use of that. So by asking him for a week he can see if he still has that natural talent, will be able to judge better where he is mentally and to sit down with him to see if any desire to make it still burns inside him.

Nothing ventured nothing gained and what do we lose by having him train up here for a week?

I would suggest players actually train with us on a pretty regular basis however this fact is never released to us fans.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 62
ginnywings
January 14, 2020, 9:22am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
Wiki says he's crap, so he must be crap. It still baffles me that players can be judged solely based on a 2 minute internet search. He may be one of the ones who had IH's phone melting to his ear and Ollie said ok, come along and show us what you've got. He may be one of several we have a look at, doesn't mean he's an imminent signing. Or maybe he is just what we are looking for- i'm sure those at the club are in a better position to judge than we are.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 62
Zmariner
January 14, 2020, 9:29am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,127
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from ginnywings
Wiki says he's crap, so he must be crap. It still baffles me that players can be judged solely based on a 2 minute internet search. He may be one of the ones who had IH's phone melting to his ear and Ollie said ok, come along and show us what you've got. He may be one of several we have a look at, doesn't mean he's an imminent signing. Or maybe he is just what we are looking for- i'm sure those at the club are in a better position to judge than we are.

Exactly , what harm does it do. Let the manager, manage. We are going nowhere this season and so need to be patient. I am happy with further consolidation next season and gradual improvement. This would be much better than recent times utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 62
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ibra Sekajja

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.