6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Davec
January 12, 2020, 10:54am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 42
The fact of the matter is that every town/city in the entire world has its issues, they all have council estates, they all have a red light district, they all have scruffy and clean parts they all have drug addicts and homeless, I would like to know which town/city does not?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 52
Hagrid
January 12, 2020, 11:02am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 529
Quoted from Davec
The fact of the matter is that every town/city in the entire world has its issues, they all have council estates, they all have a red light district, they all have scruffy and clean parts they all have drug addicts and homeless, I would like to know which town/city does not?

I went to Zante, i can assure you they have absolutely no clean parts😫😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 52
Mariner Ronnie
January 12, 2020, 11:32am

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
I’m running out of gas myself to keep saying that I’m incredibly proud of we’re I come from and the history the town has created has been nothing short of incredible.

The thing is when your in London (writing this from st. Pancras station) you see they’re constantly building stuff and progressing, you drive to Meadowhall, there’s always stuff getting built.

In town it’s taken them about a month to take a line up down scartho road. You go to cafe Nero on a Sunday and Victoria street is completely full of smack heads, the OAP’s who probably remember Grimsby in it’s full glory must be terrified of it all.

I live in scartho myself and have to start a mile up the property ladder because it’s too rough where I was brought up, you could never bring a child up there now, though I had an excellent childhood in that area  

Anyway sorry to bore you all.

All town are we! UTM!

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 52
golfer
January 12, 2020, 11:32am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from 139914
The ‘new A14’ from the A1 Junction is excellent.  Used to take me 45 minutes to get from Higham Ferrers in Northants to my boat in Fen Stanton, now takes 25 minutes.  Means I get to a place of pleasure much quicker on a Saturday.  Far better than driving to Grimsby for the pleasure of being surrounded by tattooed, pierced, negative, down-trodden, council house dwelling underlings.  Of course, this is just my opinion......

What puncture repair kit do you use if your boat gets deflated
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 52
Grimal
January 12, 2020, 12:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,858
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from golfer

What puncture repair kit do you use if your boat gets deflated

Don't give him the opportunity to reply to your post Golfer,he'll only want to brag that it's a 60ft Birchwood Cruiser and not an inflatable and he drives to his mooring in his Bentley and how lucky he is knocking his petrol bill down now the new A14 link road is open. He's obviously had luckier breaks or inherited wealth in his life unlike us less fortunate beings.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 52
Gaffer58
January 12, 2020, 12:08pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from GYinScuntland

You see, you've come across as a bit cuntish too.
I'm born Scunthorpe but been supporting Town and battered for it since 1972.
Proud of the town, the steel industry and my 40 year contribution to it.

Very similar myself, never lived in Grimsby/Cleethorpes, basically been Brigg and Bottesford for 60 years, plus also did 40 years on the steel work, it was just a jest comment about leaving scunny.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 52
KingstonMariner
January 12, 2020, 12:10pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from 139914
The ‘new A14’ from the A1 Junction is excellent.  Used to take me 45 minutes to get from Higham Ferrers in Northants to my boat in Fen Stanton, now takes 25 minutes.  Means I get to a place of pleasure much quicker on a Saturday.  Far better than driving to Grimsby for the pleasure of being surrounded by tattooed, pierced, negative, down-trodden, council house dwelling underlings.  Of course, this is just my opinion......

Are you boasting about your wealth and lifestyle? If so I have to wonder about your upbringing. Actually  I shouldn’t blame your parents: you are presumably a grown up now and responsable for your own lack of class. Not really the done thing to show off. That sort of thing is for nouveaux riches Americans and Russian oligarchs and other tasteless scum.

As for living in a council house, what the f is wrong with that?!

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 52
toontown
January 12, 2020, 12:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,248
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from arryarryarry

Did you make the game?

Cheers arry. Yes just
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 52
Rik e B
January 12, 2020, 12:17pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
I find it it quite sad when people brag about their wealth, material gain isn't everything and can often leave you sadly lacking in other more meaningful areas. Does your wife truly love you or love your money? Do your kids secretly despise you as you're more interested in your business? Are you spiritually at one with yourself or wrapped up in all your trappings?

To be on message boards boasting of your wealth and your superiority over lowly peasants suggests the chatterbrain ego is overpowering your peaceful inner self and you in fact unconscious to reality.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 52
arryarryarry
January 12, 2020, 12:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from toontown

Cheers arry. Yes just

Well done 👍.

Did you come back that way as there were signs on the M11 that the northern  A1 was still closed.?
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › A14

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.