HertsGTFC
January 11, 2020, 11:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from 139914
The ‘new A14’ from the A1 Junction is excellent.  Used to take me 45 minutes to get from Higham Ferrers in Northants to my boat in Fen Stanton, now takes 25 minutes.  Means I get to a place of pleasure much quicker on a Saturday.  Far better than driving to Grimsby for the pleasure of being surrounded by tattooed, pierced, negative, down-trodden, council house dwelling underlings.  Of course, this is just my opinion......

Have you been living under you f*****g boat for the last 2 weeks?

Things have changed a bit recently or at least it feels that way to most people who associate themselves with GTFC

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 52
arryarryarry
January 12, 2020, 6:02am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from toontown
Still stuck on A1 hasn't moved in ages. Just hoping I can still get to the game in time

Did you make the game?
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 52
grimps
January 12, 2020, 7:52am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,096
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from Poojah

I left Grimsby seventeen years ago when I was eighteen. Putting it like that, it feels weird and also slightly sad that I’ve spent almost half my life outside of my home town.

For work and family reasons I’ll probably never move ‘home’, and I acknowledge that the area has its challenges.

But fúck me, am I proud of where I come from. It’s a fundamental part of who I am. It’s a hard town, it’s grim in places, but you grow up here and you learn a certain work ethic. You graft. You make the most of whatever you’re blessed with.

My upbringing has carried me further than any talent I have might have taken me. Further than many people I encounter who are more naturally talented, intelligent or privelaged than me.

I couldn’t make it to Leyton Orient today, and I’m gutted. But there’s little in life more special than being a couple of hundred miles away from home with thousands of your brethren, going fúcking mental! People you don’t necessarily know, but have this natural, innate connection with.

To disown your own town in the way the previous poster did says more about their own insecurities than it does about the place itself. If you don’t support the town, I don’t see how you can support its football team.

I’m Grimsby ‘til I die.

I’ve lived away for a few years and I’m always proud of where I come from .
I’ve often found the ones that move away and continue to slag it off was the ones that never fitted in when they was here anyway .
Usually the Bullshiters , odd balls and chancers that Grimsby folk soon suss our
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 52
Croxton
January 12, 2020, 8:44am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from 139914
The ‘new A14’ from the A1 Junction is excellent.  Used to take me 45 minutes to get from Higham Ferrers in Northants to my boat in Fen Stanton, now takes 25 minutes.  Means I get to a place of pleasure much quicker on a Saturday.  Far better than driving to Grimsby for the pleasure of being surrounded by tattooed, pierced, negative, down-trodden, council house dwelling underlings.  Of course, this is just my opinion......

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/.....Q!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

No wonder you feel superior if you live in one of these houses Ferrers. Perhaps the one with the blue plaque? I always feel privileged to be rubbing shoulders with folk who have gold edged signposts. Do you slum it down at the local Home Bargains perchance? My favourite shop in Hillsborough.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 52
dapperz fun pub
January 12, 2020, 9:09am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,879
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from 139914

sharp object
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 52
mariner83
January 12, 2020, 9:10am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +25 / -4
Approval: +2,001
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from GiveUsAG

Quoted from 139914

Can't understand the point of this post but do find it disrespectful to myself and would imagine many other people from Grimsby and there's no need for it.

I'm not even from Grimsby and I think GyFerrers post is bloody disrespectful.

The truth is you could drive through areas of most towns & cities in England and find people such as those described.  It's not unique to Grimsby.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 15 - 52
Ipswin
January 12, 2020, 9:16am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Have you been living under you f*****g boat for the last 2 weeks?

Things have changed a bit recently or at least it feels that way to most people who associate themselves with GTFC

with the possible exception of the 'negative' tag, which has lifted recently, the rest of his description is an extremely accurate one of many who inhabit the town

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 52
LH
January 12, 2020, 9:27am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,458
Gold Stars: 172
What is it about Town fans who live in the East of England on this forum?
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 52
HertsGTFC
January 12, 2020, 9:56am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from Ipswin

with the possible exception of the 'negative' tag, which has lifted recently, the rest of his description is an extremely accurate one of many who inhabit the town

And pretty much every Town in the UK.,

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 52
Ipswin
January 12, 2020, 10:35am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from HertsGTFC

And pretty much every Town in the UK.,

Not where he lives Herts or where he keeps his boat

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › A14

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.