7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
January 1, 2020, 5:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Delighted for AL, great result against a team full of League 1 and ex Championship players on loads more money than our lads.
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 69
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 1, 2020, 5:41pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
The work rate was excellent especially second half but we do make it hard work with some real hospital passes. It is bad enough to be passing sideways and back but they should at least do a decent one and not put the team mate under pressure and nowhere to go. We keep doing it down the wings especially.

But everyone put a shift in and I thought we deserved the points in the end for wearing them down and going 4-4-2 second half.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 69
MrsMariner
January 1, 2020, 6:01pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +432
Gold Stars: 1
Ogbu led the line in our last win so surely he deserves a run in the team to prove himself
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 69
Kris2
January 1, 2020, 6:54pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from monkeyboy
People giving Ogbu a kicking? i thought he did alright.  He held the ball up ok and played a couple of decent balls.  Considering the guy hasnt had a run in the team yet he done more than Green has all season for me.
Think he needs to stop wondering out wide when he is the only striker and stay central, he is very capable of holding ball up and bringing others in to play.

Think whole team did ok today but nothing spectacular, probably the worst we have played in a few games and won so hopefully turning the corner now.

He's so clumsy, lost the ball tons of times because he has no real control with the ball at his feet, looks like he's running on ice with his legs flying all over the place. Before Rose found space and got a shot off it was Ogbu with our best chance to do something and he screwed it up by getting the ball caught in his feet and kicking it out. The one thing he did right was draw some fouls.
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 69
forza ivano
January 1, 2020, 7:20pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,173
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from MrsMariner
Ogbu led the line in our last win so surely he deserves a run in the team to prove himself

I don't get the hate.yes he's unpredictable and sometimes it goes wrong, but that's why he's playing for us. I thought he was a massive improvement on green in the game v crawley and as you said he was very good when we beat exeter
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 69
Kris2
January 1, 2020, 9:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from forza ivano

I don't get the hate.yes he's unpredictable and sometimes most of the time it goes wrong, but that's why he's playing for us. I thought he was a massive improvement on green in the game v crawley and as you said he was very good when we beat exeter

FIFY.

He's the sort of player who shows up in non league hoping to play football in England. Has some raw attributes in strength and pace but has no idea how to actually use it. He doesn't run out of gas in 10 minutes like Tom Bolarinwa did but I don't see him offering much more. He's sort of okay if you want to bring somebody on to cause problems for the last 10-15 minutes but not somebody you want to be spending a huge wage on if the rumours are true. We need more than something good happening 1 in 20 times he touches the ball, it even looked like players were avoiding passing him the ball in the box on several occasions so maybe even they know he's rubbish.  

I guess because we have a new manager and the first win in months everyone is in a super positive "nobody can do any wrong" sort of mood. Will remember these comments the next time we lose badly in a game Ogbu played in.
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 69
MuddyWaters
January 1, 2020, 9:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from forza ivano

I don't get the hate.yes he's unpredictable and sometimes it goes wrong, but that's why he's playing for us. I thought he was a massive improvement on green in the game v crawley and as you said he was very good when we beat exeter

Unfair on Green who wasn’t fit. I think Ollie will want better than Ogbu, and probably Green, Cardwell and Cook as well.
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 69
Hagrid
January 1, 2020, 9:37pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,389
Gold Stars: 534
Thought ogbu did okay against 2 very physical centre halves.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 69
Lincoln Mariner 56
January 1, 2020, 9:54pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Hagrid
Thought ogbu did okay against 2 very physical centre halves.

All about opinions but thought he was really poor until after we scored then he managed to win us several free kicks. Control was iffy, work rate not the best and he rarely bust a gut to get in the box as I would expect all forward players to do. I would be looking to replace him in ths window, thank him for giving it a go and try and offload back to Sweden.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 69
ginnywings
January 1, 2020, 10:01pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,122
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

All about opinions but thought he was really poor until after we scored then he managed to win us several free kicks. Control was iffy, work rate not the best and he rarely bust a gut to get in the box as I would expect all forward players to do. I would be looking to replace him in ths window, thank him for giving it a go and try and offload back to Sweden.

We were saying that he definitely didn't fit the remit of a IH player from what he said yesterday. Don't think he works hard enough and was on his heels several times when he could have won the ball but let the defender get in front of him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 69
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Salford Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.