Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Holloway announced!!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 26 Guests

Holloway announced!!

This thread currently has 16,345 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
TwoLeftFeet
December 31, 2019, 4:08pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,076
Gold Stars: 18
Wasn't sure on the Holloway deal.. but having thought about it getting excited now hopefully we can bring in a proven goalscorer this month.

Glad AL is staying on hopefully the pair can work together think AL deserves credit for holding the fort this past month or so results haven't been great but can't fault the way team was set up etc.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 71
LH
December 31, 2019, 4:09pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,517
Gold Stars: 173
I have some reservations over how his recent career has gone but I will not argue agains this being probably the best PR appointment we could have made. You only have to listen to Talksport going to try and get Town representatives on air to discuss it, Sky coming up to interview IH live on SSN, the buzz about the Town. Neutral fans of other clubs have messaged me saying how it’s a good appointment. Incredible - I’ve never known this for an appointment.

Longer term we’ve probably increased our chances of live TV coverage of League games on Sky tenfold, the national papers will be covering his first game etc. I have reservations but I am on board and will back IH fully. If you can get there, get to BP tomorrow and give him a huge welcome.
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 71
supertown
December 31, 2019, 4:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,442
Gold Stars: 53
Welcome Ian , good luck . The only way is up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 71
KingstonMariner
December 31, 2019, 4:12pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Well that is a coup. Was speaking to someone who likely knows his stuff earlier that Holloway was on a million a year at Millwall.

Holloway’s the sort of bloke who will ‘get’ Grimsby but the question is how long before he’s had enough of Fenty. Negative I know but we’ve seen too many bright dawns fade under his regime.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 71
HistonMariner
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +553
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from HistonMariner
Am glad AL is staying on and deserves the No.2 job to IH, where I think he'll really benefit his career.

Don't think we should underestimate the job he's done.  The fact that EVEN on The Fishy there was debate about the job he was doing, suggests he was doing something right.  The Managers job was probably too early for him. I  believe he helped lighten the cloud that hung over Blundel that gave the Board the time needed to sort out IH.  Without that breathing space, real urgency would have necessitated a speedy - probably a panic appointment.  

Thanks Al, good luck and I am positive your time with IH will provide some material for after dinner speeches in the future.

UTMM.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 54 - 71
Swansea_Mariner
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
Fabulous interview I'm absolutely delighted!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 71
lew chaterleys lover
December 31, 2019, 4:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,712
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from EY Mariner
Harold Wilson once said a week is a long time in politics. The same thing could apply to football. A few days ago, I suggested on this forum we had no hope of forward progress without significant change in the boardroom. I am delighted to have had those words firmly rammed back down my throat.

I know there are some fans who are worried that this could be another Mike Newell-type situation in that we have a manager whose appointment has been broadly acclaimed but which turned out to be a disaster. I understand those misgivings. But it is clear that we could not continue as we were. In the short term, at least, this should give a big boost in terms of feel-good factor and positive PR for the club if nothing else. Let's buckle up and enjoy the ride. It certainly will not be dull.

I felt the same, and so did a lot of people as that is what we have had to endure for years.

There are more ways to skin a cat; either we go down the takeover route which now seems unlikely, or we get a figurehead in to breath new life into the club.

From the Press conference it seems Fenty is determined to get a new stadium with or without new investors, and this appointment will give added impetus to that.

I have been one of Fenty's fiercest critics, but have also said on a number of occasions I will forgive anything if he gets the club moving in the right direction and gives us our dignity back. Holloway's appointment is a huge step forward, which I think will increase the chances of inward investment and a better future and it really is brilliant news.

Things should be much better on and off the field from now on.
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 71
Gaffer58
December 31, 2019, 4:38pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
Well done to all those involved on both sides, I’m going to be like the players tonight, early to bed, no drink, up at 8.00am, orange juice and toast for breakfast, then a few hours getting in the right frame of mind ready to cheer on the new mighty mariners (2020 style) .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 71
Northbank Mariner
December 31, 2019, 4:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Gaffer58
Well done to all those involved on both sides, I’m going to be like the players tonight, early to bed, no drink, up at 8.00am, orange juice and toast for breakfast, then a few hours getting in the right frame of mind ready to cheer on the new mighty mariners (2020 style) .

I'll do my usual pregame prep, get p!ssed the night before, order a Donna kebab and cheesy chips, wake up with a raging hangover, nip to maccy ds outside BP, go for a couple of pints in the Blundell Park Inn then get to my seat with a coffee in hand ready to scream obscenities for 2 hours.. My name is.... Mike Newell!!😂😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 71
chipsandgravy
December 31, 2019, 4:54pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,609
Gold Stars: 37
Has to be flat caps at Mansfield then!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 71
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Holloway announced!!

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.