December 26, 2019, 6:43pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,056
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Feels like a win

Couldn't agree more. A point is better than nothing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 126
HertsGTFC
December 26, 2019, 6:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from essexexile

Chas is the central striker, build around him cos he's got the bottle to put away goals like that on his own and he can beat defenders all day long
Put it on the floor to Chas
On today's showing looks to me like he's off, doesn't fancy NL

Isn’t he left footed?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 126
Croxton
December 26, 2019, 7:52pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from chipsandgravy
I am sure that our younger players were grateful to the 20 knobs at the end verbally abusing them.

Pleased to say this group of neanderthals were amply countered by 350 other Mariners who cheered and applauded the team for their fighting response. The quality was dire at times but the younger players never gave up and showed more resilience than some more experienced colleagues.  

What has happened to Hendrie? Wrong side of his man when making challenges, poor passing and looks miserable. Davis and Gibson not communicating and Clifton not convincing in front of back four. Put Hess, out of sorts in past few games, back there and let Harry support forwards more.

We had lots of crosses, all shocking, and again, rarely man the far post.
For once, Whitehouse was good nuisance value when he came on but needs to go out in Jan. Our biggest problem is in midfield. Robson is one paced and lacks the consistency to boss the centre of the pitch. We have to persist with our young forwards despite what we may be paying Green, Whitehouse etc.

AL is failing to get senior players to lead by example. Thought Pollock looked comfortable when he came on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 126
lew chaterleys lover
December 26, 2019, 9:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Rose, 3 to pass to for what could have been a tap in and chose to shoot greedy sod.

I noticed for Vernams goal he played a short pass to Vernam to go on that run and finish with aplomb. Rose ambled behind him - any striker worth their salt would have busted a gut to keep up with Vernam in case his shot was parried, or came back off a post but Rose just jogged.

I really cannot see why we have gone to such great lengths to get him ready for first-team football; there must be surely better players in non-league that could be picked up for a song.
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 126
HertsGTFC
December 26, 2019, 9:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228

I noticed for Vernams goal he played a short pass to Vernam to go on that run and finish with aplomb. Rose ambled behind him - any striker worth their salt would have busted a gut to keep up with Vernam in case his shot was parried, or came back off a post but Rose just jogged.

I really cannot see why we have gone to such great lengths to get him ready for first-team football; there must be surely better players in non-league that could be picked up for a song.

I noticed that, he clearly still has a lot to learn and I’m not sure our hoof it up to Hanson & green style suits him TBH. He’s quick though and that’s something to build on.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 126
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
December 26, 2019, 9:15pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23

If they can get goals for us we need some more of those plombs like Vernam had.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 126
lew chaterleys lover
December 26, 2019, 9:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236

If they can get goals for us we need some more of those plombs like Vernam had.

He he. I typed that whilst trying to pour another drink with aplomb.
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 126
13 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Macclesfield Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.