4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
jonnyboy82
December 24, 2019, 3:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Sick of hearing we have improved and results don't reflect performance..

What a load tosh.. Sooner the whole club stops trying to convince themselves and appoint someone to sort it out the better.

No goals in god knows how many games.. Do me a favour

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 34
lew chaterleys lover
December 24, 2019, 3:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,662
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
What else can the Trust say?

All we need are three wins, new owner, new ground and all will be well.
At Xmas the three kings bring gifts don't they?

The Trust should come out and say they have no confidence in the owner, resign any involvement with the club and campaign to force him out. Even if we could come to an arrangement to pay him back over time if he has no day to day involvement it would be a start to help the club move on.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 34
forza ivano
December 24, 2019, 4:11pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,134
Gold Stars: 265

The Trust should come out and say they have no confidence in the owner, resign any involvement with the club and campaign to force him out. Even if we could come to an arrangement to pay him back over time if he has no day to day involvement it would be a start to help the club move on.

Easier said than done I'd point out that the trust are on the board and know as much about the situation as fenty does. Maybe the fact that theyve basically echoed what fenty said indicates that fentys summing up is accurate, if deeply depressing
One thing I'd ask the trust. Is that it? Is that all we  an expect or hope for? A desperate appeal to keep behind the team in the hope that something., sometime, but god knows when,might turn up.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 34
MuddyWaters
December 24, 2019, 4:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from forza ivano

Easier said than done I'd point out that the trust are on the board and know as much about the situation as fenty does. Maybe the fact that theyve basically echoed what fenty said indicates that fentys summing up is accurate, if deeply depressing
One thing I'd ask the trust. Is that it? Is that all we  an expect or hope for? A desperate appeal to keep behind the team in the hope that something., sometime, but god knows when,might turn up.

I thought, no hoped, that the Trust would be a force for good, that it would hold the board (Mr Fenty, because the other 3 don't count) to account and that the fans' hopes and fears would be represented.

Now it appears that they have realised that they can't make a difference and they might as well agree with him because, in reality, he can do whatever he likes.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 34
lew chaterleys lover
December 24, 2019, 4:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano

If they have the good of the club at heart I would suggest its very easy. Just tell him goodbye and thanks for nowt.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 34
lew chaterleys lover
December 24, 2019, 4:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I thought, no hoped, that the Trust would be a force for good, that it would hold the board (Mr Fenty, because the other 3 don't count) to account and that the fans' hopes and fears would be represented.

Now it appears that they have realised that they can't make a difference and they might as well agree with him because, in reality, he can do whatever he likes.

I wonder why they bother? Would you like to work for an organisation that hasn't a snowball's chance in Hell of making a difference with the current owner? Seems bizarre to me.
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 34
December 24, 2019, 5:19pm
Guest User
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Just through on Twitter......
Mariners Trust would like to wish all GTFC supporters a very Happy Christmas and New Year.

It is a very frustrating time for everyone at the moment but we would ask that everyone get behind the players and helps them through this difficult patch. Recent performances have certainly deserved more reward than we have achieved. With regard to takeover speculation we would very much welcome investors who are going to take the club forward. We are as frustrated as anyone that despite positive vibes there has been little or no progress. We very much support the view of now establishing a deadline so that we can all be clear as to where we are . We also support, and have been party to, the concept of any interested parties making an initial investment rather than a complete takeover. As things stand there are too many unanswered questions from our point of view  to be comfortable with a takeover. The key motivation for anyone interested is clearly the wider development opportunities and we need to be sure that the football club would benefit as part of that and not be saddled with extra costs.   With regard to the manager situation along with everyone else we can see the improvements under Anthony and Ben and really hope that they can start producing the results they deserve. If the decision is made to go a different route then we will be involved through Jon and Dave and they will do their very best to help make the right appointment. As we know there are no guarantees or an exact formula for choosing a manager but one thing we will be really keen to assure is that the policy of developing from within is maintained.  

Keep the faith and Up the Mariners.
Mariners Trust Board

The Trust totally in John’s pocket then!!

Reply: 16 - 34
dapperz fun pub
December 24, 2019, 5:43pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,881
Gold Stars: 82
The trust imo is a waste of time at no point can I recall them ever standing up to the board  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 34
Rik e B
December 24, 2019, 7:01pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Fenty and The Yes Men.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 34
moosey_club
December 24, 2019, 7:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,213
Gold Stars: 226
FFS.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 34
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Trust statement

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.