5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Oly1987
December 21, 2019, 1:33am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,227
Gold Stars: 22
Got us put the mire of none league which may have taken a while but plenty of teams have struggled to do that too. Always felt safe with Hursty in charge which is more than can be said of late and had us sitting in a comfortable position before his departure. I spoke to him after training one day and was very forthcoming with answering questions. Cant knock him myself so I wont be booing him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 46
fishboyUTM
December 21, 2019, 6:43am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,070
Gold Stars: 40
He did okay for us. Would have been struggling working with the board that after a few knocks on the door finally got us relegated from the football league rather pathetically. He made at best a sideways step just to get out which shows he couldn't stand anymore.

I never took to him if I'm honest, too many digs at our magnficent support at the time. We travelled then in huge numbers, there was anger at the disgraceful level we played at then and he never quite understood the humiliation and disgrace we felt. He is a good manager and I'm not surprised he turned them around. I will largely ignore him today, it's not like I'm likely to come across him, it's all about beating the filth, which I doubt we will manage as we are a flipping shambles again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 46
Stadium
December 21, 2019, 10:08am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,929
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from devs
Great reception
Top bloke and manager
All gone pear shaped since

This.
Eventually got the job done.
Amazing how people still drone on about "ear cupping" and not getting the fans.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 46
jamesgtfc
December 21, 2019, 10:59am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,941
Gold Stars: 190
The National League is the hardest to get out of with only one automatic promotion spot. Every season we were down there you had teams throwing money at it such as Crawley, Fleetwood, Luton, Mansfield and then the play offs is always a lottery. Of our 6 seasons down there, he came in during the March of the first season so can't be attributed with that. Him and Rob Scott laid the foundations of a decent squad in our second season and then once Rob Scott got dismissed, he came into his own.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 46
Tradjazz
December 21, 2019, 11:01am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +7 / 0
Approval: -38
Very negative. Not a fan of the Yorkshire 'cup eared' man

Thank you Mr Corbyn (Steptoe), you are the best thing that has happened to the Conservatives for ages.
Private Message Skype
Reply: 44 - 46
Spidey
December 21, 2019, 1:14pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +372
Gold Stars: 4
He got a respectful applause from The Main Stand, which he acknowledged.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 46
December 21, 2019, 4:18pm
Guest User
Quoted from mariner91

The guy who's record in the most recent three seasons reads: 23rd and relegated from NL, 19th in NL North avoiding relegation by one place and currently sits 10th in NL North? That guy?

Yes that guy
Reply: 46 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Positive or Negative Reception For Hursty

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.