Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › A reality check
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 341 Guests

The last message you viewed in this thread was reply number 7.

A reality check

This thread currently has 7,565 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
December 10, 2019, 8:37pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 189

No one is more gutted than me how things are going for us at the moment but things could be worse :

Chesterfield are losing 0-2 at home tonight in the tinpot and as it stands are 2nd from bottom.
Wrexham are also in a relegation spot and the mighty Notts County are only mid table.

Just saying.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Abdul19
December 10, 2019, 8:42pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
Never really understand these comparisons. Some teams we've played before are now doing worse than us. On the other hand, some teams we've played before are now doing better than us.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 36
IlkleyMariner
December 10, 2019, 8:42pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,871
Gold Stars: 66
History counts for nothing.

Workington are nowhere
Stockport and York climbing back from obscurity

Do we have any gtfc fans who can update us on the golden years of gtfc in the 1930s? I would like to hear if we still have anyone left who could share some memories
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 36
Northbank Mariner
December 10, 2019, 8:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,391
Gold Stars: 170
Quoted from promotion plaice

No one is more gutted than me how things are going for us at the moment but things could be worse :

Chesterfield are losing 0-2 at home tonight in the tinpot and as it stands are 2nd from bottom.
Wrexham are also in a relegation spot and the mighty Notts County are only mid table.

Just saying.

Trying to use other clubs demise in the vain hope it gives a crumb of comfort just ain't going to cut it PP.
We are on a way path to the same situation as Wrexham, Chesterfield and Notts C.
If anything they'll pass us on the way up...
Nearly every fan to a man has had enough now, at least the Wrexham owners came out and apologised for the state they're in, where as ours think they're doing a great job and we should be thankful for having a team to watch...that's the reality check I'm afraid me old mucker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 36
promotion plaice
December 10, 2019, 8:50pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,953
Gold Stars: 189
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Trying to use other clubs demise in the vain hope it gives a crumb of comfort just ain't going to cut it PP.
We are on a way path to the same situation as Wrexham, Chesterfield and Notts C.
If anything they'll pass us on the way up...
Nearly every fan to a man has had enough now, at least the Wrexham owners came out and apologised for the state they're in, where as ours think they're doing a great job and we should be thankful for having a team to watch...that's the reality check I'm afraid me old mucker

I was just trying to make myself feel a bit better but it didn't work  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 36
Northbank Mariner
December 10, 2019, 8:52pm
Whiskey Drinker

If I was you I'd take up cross stitch, lot less stressful and more fulfilling than watching town at the moment...that might make you feel better👍
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 36
Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie
December 10, 2019, 9:00pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,448
Gold Stars: 15

It was a good try but something feels even more wrong than usual at the moment. It’s got to the stage where I don’t even want to think about Town a lot of the time, which has never happened in 40 odd years as a fan! I’m just so sick and tired of it all, and there’s no end in sight. Happy days...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 36
hampshiremariner
December 10, 2019, 9:05pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,005
Gold Stars: 35
Knit and natter would be a better pastime than following GT at the moment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 36
Northbank Mariner
December 10, 2019, 9:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Says so much when you see how few people are on the Fishy...the clubs killing the fans...thus board needs to wake up to the reality of the situation before it's too late...that's if it isn't already for most right now 😭
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 36
tintowner
December 10, 2019, 9:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +603
Gold Stars: 20
We could/will possibly be third bottom on saturday (after the Carlisle  loss).

Scunthorpe could then boast of sending us to the bottom of the league.

....or am I just being too much of a defeatist.

Batch, K.Moore, Waters, Wiggington, Crombie, Brolly, Ford, Drinkell, Mitchell, Cumming, Kilmore. D.Moore, Stone, Liddell. ....1979/80..... now that WAS a team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 36
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › A reality check

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.