4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Northbank Mariner
December 14, 2019, 5:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Just looking at the table and it's not horrendous reading..win our 2 games in hand and get something out the next ,2 league games and were not a million miles away from the play off spots...
If the board act and get a new man in, maybe this season isjt the right off we are all moaning about...
Got to try and find some positives from somewhere..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 36
Madeleymariner
December 14, 2019, 5:30pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,048
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Just looking at the table and it's not horrendous reading..win our 2 games in hand and get something out the next ,2 league games and were not a million miles away from the play off spots...
If the board act and get a new man in, maybe this season isjt the right off we are all moaning about...

Why did you put this in the reality check thread, its really not realistic with this squad, win 2 in hand and 2 good results over Christmas   nah not happening unfortuneately.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 36
Northbank Mariner
December 14, 2019, 5:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Madeleymariner

Why did you put this in the reality check thread, its really not realistic with this squad, win 2 in hand and 2 good results over Christmas   nah not happening unfortuneately.

Like I said madely, I'm trying to find some positives out if a seasons of negatives.
We need a "New manager bounce" to get us out of the malaise...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 36
Madeleymariner
December 14, 2019, 5:41pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,048
Gold Stars: 49
I remember saying similar things last year when we lost a home game around this time "were still only 7 points from playoffs or something similar" said I and I think we took 1 point from the next 4 games. I guess I've lost my belief in the Mariners after 45 years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 36
lee65
December 14, 2019, 7:50pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,480
Gold Stars: 10
Perhaps we all feel a little negative at the minute, but I seem to recall that on average over many seasons we don’t tend to pick up many points during Christmas and new year.
12 points to play for in under a fortnight could give us cause for optimism if it does go well, or could leave us in serious trouble if not.

I wish I felt more confident, and maybe it WILL all come good, certainly no shortage of effort, but you also need quality and clinical finishing to move forward.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 36
Northbank Mariner
December 14, 2019, 7:55pm
Whiskey Drinker

4 red crosses?....really?...for seeing something positive?....what a bunch of minges we lot are!!...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 36
lee65
December 14, 2019, 8:02pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,480
Gold Stars: 10
I think you make some good points Northbank, but I think your wish for “the board to act and get a new man in” may be some way off.
While the team are playing for AL ,creating chances, picking up the odd point, and not in the bottom two I think JF will live in hope and keep his wallet shut.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 36
Northbank Mariner
December 14, 2019, 8:08pm
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from lee65
I think you make some good points Northbank, but I think your wish for “the board to act and get a new man in” may be some way off.
While the team are playing for AL ,creating chances, picking up the odd point, and not in the bottom two I think JF will live in hope and keep his wallet shut.

Absolutely spot on Lee,...for as much as I like AL and it appears so do the players, I just don't think he's the man to take us forward and get us firing again ..but, as you say, and so have I on other threads, whilst the performances aren't completely dire the board will back him....all I can see is the odd bore draw under AL though, we need a manager who can get the most of what, on paper, is not a bad squad for league 2.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 36
rancido
December 16, 2019, 3:43pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,532
Gold Stars: 96

4 red crosses?....really?...for seeing something positive?....what a bunch of minges we lot are!!...

It's been mentioned many times about an air of negativity in the club but it's just as bad with the fans. Maybe I'm the eternal optimist but seeing as I've watched town since 1965 then I've more than seen my fill of ups and downs. IMO though, regardless of how things are on the pitch surely it's up to us fans to remain positive or what's the point of being a supporter , let alone having a football club?

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 36
MuddyWaters
December 16, 2019, 5:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from rancido

It's been mentioned many times about an air of negativity in the club but it's just as bad with the fans. Maybe I'm the eternal optimist but seeing as I've watched town since 1965 then I've more than seen my fill of ups and downs. IMO though, regardless of how things are on the pitch surely it's up to us fans to remain positive or what's the point of being a supporter , let alone having a football club?

Agree to a point but if the board have decided to give AL time, why can't they let us know? It would be much easier to get behind a manager that's here for the medium term than this piecemeal mentality where we don't know if he's managing from one week to the next. At the moment, it just seems like it's Jolley's team with a bit of structure but the same limitations in terms of output.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 36
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › A reality check

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.