Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Has Brexit done for MJ?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 225 Guests

Has Brexit done for MJ?

This thread currently has 4,594 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
HertsGTFC
November 15, 2019, 10:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,635
Gold Stars: 217
So...... you’re  a young very ambitious individual who’s chosen a career in professional football where you’ve not got any real background as a coach or player but you believe in yourself as you’ve built a positive reputation as a youth coach with prem sides and a strong personal brand via some noticeable achievement saving a small Toen club for a a return to oblivion.

Then your employer makes a massive brand association gaff (again FFS🤬) by prostituting it’s premises that it leases to a 3rd party and the club colours to a political “leader”.

When you have no pro football background to fall back on and rely on your personal brand and relative success to develop your career what would you do?

If MJ has canned it because the GTFC brand has associated  itself with politics then I’ll always be a supporter of him regardless of how he progresses.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
arryarryarry
November 15, 2019, 11:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from HertsGTFC
So...... you’re  a young very ambitious individual who’s chosen a career in professional football where you’ve not got any real background as a coach or player but you believe in yourself as you’ve built a positive reputation as a youth coach with prem sides and a strong personal brand via some noticeable achievement saving a small Toen club for a a return to oblivion.

Then your employer makes a massive brand association gaff (again FFS🤬) by prostituting it’s premises that it leases to a 3rd party and the club colours to a political “leader”.

When you have no pro football background to fall back on and rely on your personal brand and relative success to develop your career what would you do?

If MJ has canned it because the GTFC brand has associated  itself with politics then I’ll always be a supporter of him regardless of how he progresses.

What are you smoking tonight?
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 32
bobbyturtle
November 15, 2019, 11:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
we get,in the north,  more support in real terms from europe than a farage / boris london thing

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 32
bobbyturtle
November 15, 2019, 11:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.77
Rep Score: +29 / -4
Approval: +954
Gold Stars: 18
disgusted hes got our shirt in his hands. he doesnt care about us

Icenian Prediction League 2015 (Game 2) winner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 32
Maringer
November 15, 2019, 11:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Nah, can't see it myself.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 32
lew chaterleys lover
November 15, 2019, 11:46pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,546
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I think you have got things a bit out of proportion there.

By your reckoning no Labour supporting fans would ever set foot in BP because the "brand association" is the owner is a Tory.

This was just just a booking at Mcmenemys which as far as I know is available to any company, organisation  or individual as long as their business or organisation is legal.

Private Message
Reply: 5 - 32
Rik e B
November 16, 2019, 12:19am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Oh f**k off, seriously.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 32
KingstonMariner
November 16, 2019, 12:26am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from HertsGTFC

You’ve probably just turned Hagrid into a Brexiteer 😉

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 32
Rik e B
November 16, 2019, 12:32am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Surely even a died in the wool remainer like yourself can see that this a bit extreme in the least?!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 32
KingstonMariner
November 16, 2019, 12:42am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Rik e B
Surely even a died in the wool remainer like yourself can see that this a bit extreme in the least?!

Who me? I don’t buy it myself, but I bet he was rolling his eyes when he heard about it. Might have been one more little thing that made him think he was in a dead end place with no hope of progress.

It wasn’t that long ago since the last controversy with the bouncer bloke spouting off in the Telalie. Who knows what other shortsighted things he’s heard of behind closed doors.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 32
Heisenberg
November 16, 2019, 6:42am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,814
Gold Stars: 89
This one’s a bit of a daft thread.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 32
louth_in_the_south
November 16, 2019, 8:05am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +5,552
Gold Stars: 94
No offence but no one outside Grimsby even knows (or cares) Farage was at BP !

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 32
forza ivano
November 16, 2019, 8:20am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,139
Gold Stars: 265
Bet you've got a sore head this morning Herts. Arch remainer myself, but that's some far fetched conspiracy theory!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 32
headingly_mariner
November 16, 2019, 8:24am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Quoted from HertsGTFC

He’s not walked, he’s had the chop. You leave with mutual consent when you haven’t got a choice.
I am told the club have a nice recording of his foul mouthed press room rant. Strangely ironic if he’s had the chop for that considering the infamous forum. It looks like they’ve wanted him out and taken the chance when it came.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 32
marinerdazza
November 16, 2019, 9:05am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,593
Gold Stars: 80
Frankly I couldn’t care less if they hired out McMenemys for dogging and Morris dancing. It’s a function room.

The photo however has made me furious. Once this has all played out and we find out what cards everyone was holding, Farage and co will forget about this area just as quickly as they became interested. And whatever they paid for McMenemys will prove to be the only contribution they make to the Grimsby area.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 32
Sir Matt Tease
November 16, 2019, 9:29am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +266
Gold Stars: 31
Same thread, (Football against Facism), different title.

Yawn.................
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 32
HertsGTFC
November 16, 2019, 9:31am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from forza ivano
Bet you've got a sore head this morning Herts. Arch remainer myself, but that's some far fetched conspiracy theory!

Forza your possibly the only one who recognised this post as a bit of fun rather than a conspiracy theory.

To be honest I think Jolley has gone because he couldn’t move the team forward and nothing else.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 32
fishboyUTM
November 16, 2019, 9:43am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,046
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Are you sane?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 32
GrimRob
November 16, 2019, 10:09am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
2+2=5

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 18 - 32
arryarryarry
November 16, 2019, 10:22am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,946
Quoted from headingly_mariner

He’s not walked, he’s had the chop. You leave with mutual consent when you haven’t got a choice.
I am told the club have a nice recording of his foul mouthed press room rant. Strangely ironic if he’s had the chop for that considering the infamous forum. It looks like they’ve wanted him out and taken the chance when it came.

Spot on about he has not walked.
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 32
marinerdazza
November 16, 2019, 10:23am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,593
Gold Stars: 80
Quoted from forza ivano
Bet you've got a sore head this morning Herts.

He won’t be the only one, that’s for sure.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 32
HertsGTFC
November 16, 2019, 11:17am

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from marinerdazza

He won’t be the only one, that’s for sure.

2 bacon sandwiches and 2 coffees...... I’m over it😉

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 32
Roast Em Bobby
November 16, 2019, 11:51am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,706
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

Actually yes they do. I work in Sheffield and all my work colleagues were taking the urine on Friday.

Personally I'm so drunk off by this that I'm seriously considering not coming back for matches anymore.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 32
MarinerWY
November 16, 2019, 11:55am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,938
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby

Actually yes they do. I work in Sheffield and all my work colleagues were taking the urine on Friday.

Personally I'm so drunk off by this that I'm seriously considering not coming back for matches anymore.

Think I'm only going to go to away matches for the rest of the season tbh.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 32
HertsGTFC
November 16, 2019, 11:58am

Barley Wine Drinker

I posted this as a bit of a p1ss take TBH but I’m not that comfortable with any politician waving a Town shirt around with their name on it as a stunt.

Mr May visited one of the businesses within our group last year which happens to be in her constituency to present a people award we didn’t invite the press, PR and asked our Partners not to post anything on social media regardless of her beliefs we just didn’t think it was right to be associated with any politician or political party.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 32
Marinerz93
November 16, 2019, 12:23pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1

Remoaners

[youtube]9PSW3jBVkCU[/youtube]  

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 32
Marinerz93
November 16, 2019, 12:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I posted this as a bit of a p1ss take TBH but I’m not that comfortable with any politician waving a Town shirt around with their name on it as a stunt.

Mr May visited one of the businesses within our group last year which happens to be in her constituency to present a people award we didn’t invite the press, PR and asked our Partners not to post anything on social media regardless of her beliefs we just didn’t think it was right to be associated with any politician or political party.

Sounds like a excrement place to work, what company is it so I can take a look on glass door and see what people who worked there really thought about that company.

It's a reflection of your company that you invited someone who held possibly the highest public office in the country to present the people award in the first place, you could have just emailed them the well done or just pat them on the back on your way to the coffee machine. Instead of here is the Prime Minister to present you your award and no PR or press, this is our little secret, if I was the person getting the award under the circumstances you boast, I would be looking to work for a company who has stronger managers and stronger company ethos.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 32
HertsGTFC
November 16, 2019, 1:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Marinerz93

Sounds like a excrement place to work, what company is it so I can take a look on glass door and see what people who worked there really thought about that company.

It's a reflection of your company that you invited someone who held possibly the highest public office in the country to present the people award in the first place, you could have just emailed them the well de or just pat them on the back on your way to the coffee machine. Instead of here is the Prime Minister to present you your award and no PR or press, this is our little secret, if I was the person getting the award under the circumstances you boast, I would be looking to work for a company who has stronger managers and stronger company ethos.

I’ll PM you and at least you can make an informed opinion.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 32
Marinerz93
November 16, 2019, 1:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I’ll PM you and at least you can make an informed opinion.

Thank you

Private Message
Reply: 28 - 32
sam gy
November 16, 2019, 4:06pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,387
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from marinerdazza
Frankly I couldn’t care less if they hired out McMenemys for dogging and Morris dancing. It’s a function room.

The photo however has made me furious. Once this has all played out and we find out what cards everyone was holding, Farage and co will forget about this area just as quickly as they became interested. And whatever they paid for McMenemys will prove to be the only contribution they make to the Grimsby area.

The photo doesn’t happen, without the club agreeing to rent it to them though. And of course, Farage’s opening sentence of “thank you to Grimsby Town Football Club for looking after me”.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 32
sam gy
November 16, 2019, 4:08pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,387
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

It was on the Victoria Derbyshire show - BBC2.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 32
Gaffer58
November 16, 2019, 4:15pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
Of course he would thank his hosts, even Farage knows when to be polite, he could have been at the Durex factory conference room and I would assume he would still thank his hosts, although it would sound quite amusing, especially if he asked for a strawberry flavoured coffee.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 32
louth_in_the_south
November 16, 2019, 4:40pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +5,552
Gold Stars: 94
Quoted from sam gy

It was on the Victoria Derbyshire show - BBC2.

Exactly my point . Who watches that ?

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 32
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Has Brexit done for MJ?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.