3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
November 8, 2019, 5:42pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Well that’s my trip to see the old dear next weekend postponed then.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 23
Rik e B
November 8, 2019, 6:16pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Quoted from LH
To put a positive spin on this lack if games - we had a pretty good start to the season so we’re in a sort of mid-season pre-season again now so we might come back strongly again.

To put a negative spin on things we'll be facing a massive fixture pile up which will put a strain on our squad with the usual guaranteed starter's likely to suffer from fatigue.

Add in possible/likely further deep Midwinter postponements we could easily be under even more duress. FA Cup run maybe also.

Seven signings needed in January to help us cope!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 23
jock dock tower
November 8, 2019, 7:00pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
It's funny that this season is the only time I can remember with there being no call for summer football?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 23
LH
November 8, 2019, 8:38pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,503
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from Rik e B

To put a negative spin on things we'll be facing a massive fixture pile up which will put a strain on our squad with the usual guaranteed starter's likely to suffer from fatigue.

Add in possible/likely further deep Midwinter postponements we could easily be under even more duress. FA Cup run maybe also.

Seven signings needed in January to help us cope!

I was being sarcastic.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Newport Game Off

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.