9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
hampshiremariner
September 14, 2019, 5:19pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,056
Gold Stars: 35
My expectations (from a distance) are measured after what we have been through over recent seasons. Last year we would have lost this game. On paper we should have won but from 2-0 down I am happy with a draw. There are a lot of inconsistent teams in this league, it's not just us. Crewe beat us easily last week but lost at home to Cambridge today, for example.
The first target for me is to make sure we are not relegated. We are in better shape than last year, so let's take it step by step. I do not attend the games like most of the guys who comment on here. I understand the frustration but I was so shaken by the fact that this great, proud club had to suffer non-league stuff for all those years, I am relieved that we are back in the FL.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 81
KingstonMariner
September 14, 2019, 6:01pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from sydney
Obviously over the moon with a comeback but MJ you have a lot of questions to answer
Don’t treat us like idiots and please give us an honest appraisal of what u where trying to do today?
Mid table at best with the these team selections,  a game we should be winning if we are serious about play offs
Whitehouse is not a winger the strangest
Come on Town

Well that would be a big improvement on the last two seasons.

I think some people were getting a bit carried away with us being in the top 7 after a few games.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 81
KingstonMariner
September 14, 2019, 6:05pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Teestogreen
Amazing that he has demolished an early free scoring team, -  in the middle of September - he needs to have a hard long look at himself in the mirror.

Amazing that you thought we were a free scoring team on the basis of 7 League games. We'd only scored more than 2 in two games.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 81
Rik e B
September 14, 2019, 6:33pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Without reading back I wonder if the doom mongers were out at 78 minutes 🤫
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 81
forza ivano
September 14, 2019, 6:51pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,172
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
2-0

Chances are we won't be coming back from this scoreline today

This is the best i could find Rik
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 81
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
September 14, 2019, 7:13pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Is the manager just trying to keep a big squad happy and giving everyone a game? I can understand about Pollock and Green but it seems barmy to have found a good midfield setup and then dismantle it, especially when playing Cook there has opened up the options. Why not just keep players in their best positions and tell the unlucky ones to be patient? Not saying we would have been 3 up at half time but the starting XI today was just weird.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 81
Heisenberg
September 14, 2019, 7:25pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,044
Gold Stars: 93
Is the manager just trying to keep a big squad happy and giving everyone a game? I can understand about Pollock and Green but it seems barmy to have found a good midfield setup and then dismantle it, especially when playing Cook there has opened up the options. Why not just keep players in their best positions and tell the unlucky ones to be patient? Not saying we would have been 3 up at half time but the starting XI today was just weird.

I get what you’re saying, but this is a small, manageable squad. Definitely not big.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 81
FishOutOfWater
September 14, 2019, 8:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from forza ivano

This is the best i could find Rik

Ha Ha Forza

Don't think I was being particulary gloomy....more realistic than pessimistic

I always hedge my bets though....... never say never ( especially with Town) so I was pleased to be able to "eat my words" .  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 77 - 81
Teestogreen
September 14, 2019, 9:47pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -152
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Amazing that you thought we were a free scoring team on the basis of 7 League games. We'd only scored more than 2 in two games.

Not sure I said it was on the basis of 7 League games. Anyway Town were scoring regularly early season. If the manager gets his tactics right, Town will score plenty more with the players at his disposal.

Last Saturday we could have gone top - if 3 other results (including ours ) had been favourable. Had the pleasure of watching Exeter at Carlisle last Saturday - and their wingers were / sounded just like Crewe's - (allowed each midfield to run the game).

I believe Town do have the personnel available - these managers do have to arrange them in an orderly fashion and stick to it!

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 81
KingstonMariner
September 14, 2019, 10:37pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Teestogreen

Not sure I said it was on the basis of 7 League games. Anyway Town were scoring regularly early season. If the manager gets his tactics right, Town will score plenty more with the players at his disposal.

Last Saturday we could have gone top - if 3 other results (including ours ) had been favourable. Had the pleasure of watching Exeter at Carlisle last Saturday - and their wingers were / sounded just like Crewe's - (allowed each midfield to run the game).

I believe Town do have the personnel available - these managers do have to arrange them in an orderly fashion and stick to it!

Well how many games were we free-scoring then? 7 results is barely a trend. And you only want to count LESS than that?!

Early season results:

Morecambe 0 - Town 2
Town 1 - Bradford 1
Town 1 Donny 0 (L Cup)
Forest Green1 Town 0

Tell me when the freescoring bit starts.
And when the early season bit stops

Town 2 - ColU 2
Still waiting for the freescoring stage. Oh hang on. It's arrived
Town 5 - Port Fail 2
Walsall 1 - Town 3
Two games with > 2 goals. Good run this

And it's over
Town 0 - Crew 2
Could say it's still early season.....if you like, or maybe that ended with Walsall?
Town 0 - Macc 0 (or do you want to count penalties in a penalty shoot out 'freescoring'?)
Oldham 2 - Town 2.

So out of that, what do you want to count as freescoring, and what do you want to count as freescoring? Oh. You moved the goalposts from 'freescoring' to scoring regularly. Scored 2 today mate. Failed to score in 2 games before that, so yeah, Jolley's ruined it hasn't he. FFS!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 81
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Oldham Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.