Reply: 10 - 81
Hagrid
September 14, 2019, 3:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,987
Gold Stars: 508
Been absolute crap. Formation intercourse knows what it is, sloppy goal Gibson not strong enough, looked a clear pen on ogbu but the fussy clueless ref has not given it. Not sure what game your at aaron but waterfall Ludvig not the issue here. Midfield is. No control at all
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 81
Teestogreen
September 14, 2019, 3:55pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -113
Gold Stars: 20
Green not available - get Vernam in.

Get Clifton in for the second half.

Let's have some oomph!

UTM

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 81
Mariner Timsky
September 14, 2019, 3:57pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,535
Gold Stars: 4
Come on Town - turn it on and come away with something - just get back into this - Oldham 1 win from 7 - this is a game we should be getting something from

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 81
Mayaman
September 14, 2019, 3:57pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,259
Gold Stars: 71
Dire half.  We don't have a plan B.  Whack it up to the big man.  Once that stops working we can't do anything else.  Last week Crewe run rings round us.  We need Rose back to run at defenders.  I though Ogbu was handy in his first few games but he's lost his edge.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 81
sonofmadeleymariner
September 14, 2019, 3:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,399
Gold Stars: 35
First 10 good. Looked like we were pressing high. Next 35 excrement really. Midfield is none existant and the only bright spot is Wright taking people on. Getting no luck in the box all 2nd balls landing to them ref missed what looked like clear peno when Ogbu was tripped going into the box chasing the pass.

Jolley has changed the formation to a 442 but Whitehouse isn't in the game at all on the left wing and theres too much of a gab between the midfield and the strikers. Ogbu is coming so deep Hanson is completely issolated. When we have the ball theres no movement (Gibson is getting really drunk off at this) and we're to pass iy back to Macca and forced to hoof.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 81
Chrisblor
September 14, 2019, 4:01pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,678
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from Davec
I do think our team is much improved than last season but I don't think we'll make play offs for a few reasons and one of them is, how often do we fall behind? Yes and we have come back on several occasions which show a good fighting spirit and a never say die attitude but we won't come back all the time! It proves we are slow starters to games. Another thing despite our defence looking much stronger on paper I still think there are some weaknesses, waterfall/Ohman both top notch in the air but when the ball is on the floor it is a different story...

Neither Waterfall or Ohman have done anything wrong in this game. Our problems have been the three central midfielders, all of whom offer very little on the ball and simply hoof it forward or turn and play it back to our own goal, Ogbu apparently playing wherever the intercourse he wants, Wright getting no support on the right and the ball not being played to him in time when he's got space to run into and Gibson looking totally out of his depth and being directly responsible for their goal.

Never a penalty for me. The defender doesn't trip Ogbu - he's looking for it and goes down far too easily.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 81
sydney
September 14, 2019, 4:01pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +994
Gold Stars: 2
Come on Town
We are so much better than this
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 81
hheh2
September 14, 2019, 4:04pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
Let's restart second half

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 81
jonnyboy82
September 14, 2019, 4:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.29
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,683
Gold Stars: 95
Listen jolley lately has been given credit and rightly so he has earned it but why on earth is elliot whitehouse playing left wing today? Its bizarre.

Ok green is injured so max wright comes in and rightly so but why play a central midfielder who is quite defensive as it is on the wing? Its inviting pressure on that side and everything we creating is coming from max wright's side.

Its not whitehouse fault he is being asked to play there but i cant help but think jolley has it in him to over complicate something when if we play 442 like today we just play ogbu and wright on the wings and play hanson and vernam up top.

The set up today just isnt looking or playing right. Frustrating because oldham aren't great but when we set up like we do today with Hewitt in midfield and whitehouse as a winger it just doesn't make any sense.

Either stick to the 433 or play wingers as wingers.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 81
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Oldham Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.