Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Amazon has been on fire for the last 3 weeks
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 15 Guests

Amazon has been on fire for the last 3 weeks

This thread currently has 623 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Marinerz93
August 21, 2019, 3:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
So it would seem that the amazon has been on fire for the last 3 weeks, where is the out cry on the news, where are the billionaires to save the lungs of the earth.

Football pitch' of Amazon forest lost every minute

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-49415973

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
mariner91
August 22, 2019, 3:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,138
Gold Stars: 249
Such a shame, the biodiversity in the Amazon is like nowhere else on Earth. Plus however many thousands of indigenous people will either be without a home or worse, killed, since the fires started. No doubt many of them were started on purpose to clear room for cattle ranching.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
Rick12
August 22, 2019, 3:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from mariner91
Such a shame, the biodiversity in the Amazon is like nowhere else on Earth. Plus however many thousands of indigenous people will either be without a home or worse, killed, since the fires started. No doubt many of them were started on purpose to clear room for cattle ranching.
This really gets me.Often the rangers that are there to protect the rainforests are often underfunded and are up against it.Whats sad is these beautiful trees have taken years to establish themselves and are then just chopped down instantly for quick profit. Regeneration will sadly take time .Something which to many people in Brazil dont  seem preoccupied about.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
KingstonMariner
August 22, 2019, 6:49pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.13
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Only heard about this yesterday. Absolutely shocking why it's not more prominent.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
Ipswin
September 20, 2019, 10:38am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
I wondered why no fornicator was buying my book

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
grimsby pete
September 20, 2019, 11:42am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,763
Gold Stars: 221
Quoted from Ipswin
I wondered why no fornicator was buying my book

Well at least I got your book Swin the last book I ordered got lost in transit and they did not have any others to replace it so I got a email saying I have been refunded but if the book turns up I can keep it.

Thieving van driver !!!!

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
chrissy
September 20, 2019, 12:29pm

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +563
Quoted from grimsby pete

Well at least I got your book Swin the last book I ordered got lost in transit and they did not have any others to replace it so I got a email saying I have been refunded but if the book turns up I can keep it.

Thieving van driver !!!!

You never know Pete the driver might forward it onto you when he has finished reading it.

I LOVE GRIMSBY TOWN

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
Manchester Mariner
September 20, 2019, 2:36pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,791
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from Marinerz93
So it would seem that the amazon has been on fire for the last 3 weeks, where is the out cry on the news, where are the billionaires to save the lungs of the earth.

Football pitch' of Amazon forest lost every minute

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-49415973

To be fair, on top of the standard environmental groups and the scientists with their evidence loads of school kids have been 'striking' from school for the last few months to try and speed up the fight against Climate change.

Of course there are plenty of detractors, probably the sort of people who have had "enough of experts." (c) Michael Gove , who just end up looking like morons as per the link below.

https://www.mediamatters.org/f.....catastrophic-weather

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Amazon has been on fire for the last 3 weeks

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.