Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Non Football  /  
Posted by: Marinerz93, August 21, 2019, 3:17pm
So it would seem that the amazon has been on fire for the last 3 weeks, where is the out cry on the news, where are the billionaires to save the lungs of the earth.

Football pitch' of Amazon forest lost every minute

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-49415973
Posted by: mariner91, August 22, 2019, 3:35pm; Reply: 1
Such a shame, the biodiversity in the Amazon is like nowhere else on Earth. Plus however many thousands of indigenous people will either be without a home or worse, killed, since the fires started. No doubt many of them were started on purpose to clear room for cattle ranching.
Posted by: Rick12, August 22, 2019, 3:46pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from mariner91
Such a shame, the biodiversity in the Amazon is like nowhere else on Earth. Plus however many thousands of indigenous people will either be without a home or worse, killed, since the fires started. No doubt many of them were started on purpose to clear room for cattle ranching.
This really gets me.Often the rangers that are there to protect the rainforests are often underfunded and are up against it.Whats sad is these beautiful trees have taken years to establish themselves and are then just chopped down instantly for quick profit. Regeneration will sadly take time .Something which to many people in Brazil dont  seem preoccupied about.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 22, 2019, 6:49pm; Reply: 3
Only heard about this yesterday. Absolutely shocking why it's not more prominent.
Posted by: Ipswin, September 20, 2019, 10:38am; Reply: 4
I wondered why no fornicator was buying my book
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 20, 2019, 11:42am; Reply: 5
Quoted from Ipswin
I wondered why no fornicator was buying my book

Well at least I got your book Swin the last book I ordered got lost in transit and they did not have any others to replace it so I got a email saying I have been refunded but if the book turns up I can keep it.

Thieving van driver !!!!
Posted by: chrissy, September 20, 2019, 12:29pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from grimsby pete

Well at least I got your book Swin the last book I ordered got lost in transit and they did not have any others to replace it so I got a email saying I have been refunded but if the book turns up I can keep it.

Thieving van driver !!!!

You never know Pete the driver might forward it onto you when he has finished reading it.
Posted by: Manchester Mariner, September 20, 2019, 2:36pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Marinerz93
So it would seem that the amazon has been on fire for the last 3 weeks, where is the out cry on the news, where are the billionaires to save the lungs of the earth.

Football pitch' of Amazon forest lost every minute

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-49415973

To be fair, on top of the standard environmental groups and the scientists with their evidence loads of school kids have been 'striking' from school for the last few months to try and speed up the fight against Climate change.

Of course there are plenty of detractors, probably the sort of people who have had "enough of experts." (c) Michael Gove , who just end up looking like morons as per the link below.

https://www.mediamatters.org/fox-friends/fox-friends-global-climate-strike-then-reports-catastrophic-weather

Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 9:20pm