Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ideas to boost attendances and income - post yours
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 265 Guests

Ideas to boost attendances and income - post yours

This thread currently has 7,546 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
June 13, 2019, 4:19am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from mimma
All the money goes to either fund the team or to run the club. It doesn't go anywhere else.

If it’s earmarked this way it won’t pay off any benign loans

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 52
Bristol Mariner
June 13, 2019, 6:44am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Fenty offers £0.5m to sell up, fans raise the cash.

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 52
AdamHaddock
June 13, 2019, 9:10am

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,801
Gold Stars: 25
Place a roof (even a cheap flimsy one) over the back of the main stand creating a concourse area. Spruce up the bogs. See if one of the local chippies like Steels want to do a catering van or two in the ground on match days.

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 52
AussieMariner
June 13, 2019, 10:23am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,072
Gold Stars: 31
A couple of ideas:

1. Leverage the fan loyalty to GTFC and their buying power by being far more active in promoting and generating leads for sponsor products.
Simple example:
5000 fans buy a £20,000 car every 4 years. That’s a total spend of £25,000,000 p.a.
If we can influence 10% of those purchases with simple low cost strategies such as a personalised GTFC number plate, take a test drive with your favourite player, meet the players at a dealership event etc etc and take a 5% lead generation fee (£1,000 per additional car sold) that’s £125,000 p.a. from a single category (albeit a high value one).
These numbers are off the top of my head but I’m confident that with a bit of refinement there is a viable opportunity there.
The challenge would be to put in place the system to record and manage the leads and demonstrate to the company that the sales are genuinely incremental. I do notice however that one of the 6 sponsors we have is an IT services company....
A by-product of such a scheme would be the creation of a database of customers for various categories of products and services that could prove invaluable in attracting future sponsors. Doesn’t work for all categories, but anything involving a regular or frequent discretionary purchase would fit.

2. Increase fan engagement through ‘money can’t buy’ experiences.
Nothing new about this idea but the concept is that the club can offer experiences that cost them next to nothing but are highly valued by the fans.
- Behind the scenes tour of a training session
- Take a penalty against Macca
- Sit next to JF at a match (or maybe not)
- Have a beer or a meal with your favorite player
- A match-day table in McMenemy’s hosted by a player who is currently not playing (injured, suspended etc).
And many many more. These could be offered as a reward for achieving spend thresholds, randomly selected winners, whatever. Basically though formalise the propositions and use them to generate interest.
Again, needs investment in a database to be done effectively.

The common theme behind both of these ideas is that the loyalty that fans have to the club is a major asset that can be harnessed and leveraged far mor effectively than at present.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 52
Helgy
June 13, 2019, 2:20pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
There are loads of things you can do last season in the conference Lincoln’s  fundraising was putting in around £1k a week.
It was a lot easier with the Cowleys , compared to previous years.
We had loads of unique ideas that were put in place and we still do them and keep the connection between the fans and the club that is massive.
None of the free claw hammers that Mansfield  we’re giving away wtf was that promotion about ?
Perhaps a commercial dept that gets out and sells the stands to companies.
To start with it does not matter how much comes in initially as there was no income before hand.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 52
psgmariner
June 13, 2019, 4:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Interesting investment model from Stevenage. I’d be in for this:

https://www.france24.com/en/20190613-english-club-stevenage-hope-funding-plan-blueprint-future

Private Message
Reply: 45 - 52
psgmariner
June 13, 2019, 4:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Chance to invest, boosted returns if the team get promoted and a £99 season ticket. Sounds good to me.

Private Message
Reply: 46 - 52
Malta_Mariner_90
June 13, 2019, 4:55pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
Quoted from psgmariner
Chance to invest, boosted returns if the team get promoted and a £99 season ticket. Sounds good to me.

Only one problem though...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 52
moosey_club
June 13, 2019, 8:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,213
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from psgmariner

Arsenal and Leeds i think have both run bond schemes in the past where you effectively invest money up front and get the next few seasons season tickets at a minimal cost. Think they used that to raise capital for new stadium/ new stands or the like.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 52
promotion plaice
June 13, 2019, 8:35pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,999
Gold Stars: 193

"boost income"

Swear Boxes dotted around the home areas for Town fans at BP, 50p each time you swear.

I reckon we'd have enough money for the new stadium within a couple of seasons     

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ideas to boost attendances and income - post yours

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.