Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ideas to boost attendances and income - post yours
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 126 Guests

Ideas to boost attendances and income - post yours

This thread currently has 7,504 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
June 12, 2019, 9:26am
Guest User
Free bus on match days with a ticket.
Fish and chips in the ground instead of burgers.
Reply: 30 - 52
denni266
June 12, 2019, 9:34am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.82
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +634
Gold Stars: 128
having a decent team would help more than our non chairman thinks
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 52
Malta_Mariner_90
June 12, 2019, 9:55am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +796
So when are we going to pass some of these great ideas onto the SLO?

If the SLO does not even respond at all to some of these suggestions then we would have further proof of how we are simply not valued as supporters.  

We already know that Mr.Fenty will in all likelihood not respond to a thread like this on the fishy (understandable). But perhaps we can increase pressure for just some basic changes/improvements through the SLO.

The SLO ignoring the fans would just make the SLO and Mr. Fenty look bad from whatever angle.  

Some of these ideas would surely be so easy to implement, like the fanzone pre-game, I am sure people would be willing to volunteer on a match-day as well for some of the ideas if the club would say costs would impede.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 52
HackneyHaddock
June 12, 2019, 10:04am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +17 / -1
Approval: +3,619
Gold Stars: 1
A longer term idea, and one which would require some initial outlay, would be to introduce a new ticketing database and CRM software so that the club can keep track of who's buying what, and when.

The analytics from such as system would let the club see who its season ticket holders are, who buys 15 tickets in a season, where people travel from, who buys from the clubshop, who's buying additional tickets for friends, who travels away from home, who has children, when fans' birthdays are, and would allow the club to build a huge database (within GDPR constraints of course) that they could send surveys and market research to.

This would enable the club to increase its direct sales, but would also give them more information and insights to back up discussions with sponsors ("We have a fan database of 15,000, of which X are ABC1 consumers in North East Lincs."  "Our recent survey told us that X% of our supporters are interested in your sector")

If this is deemed too big an outlay by the club and they want to put everything into the playing budget then let's find another way of getting the money.  At the moment they're just throwing away money and valuable insight.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 52
psgmariner
June 12, 2019, 10:20am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.70
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Malta_Mariner_90
So when are we going to pass some of these great ideas onto the SLO?

I will contact the Trust and / or the SLO next week so keep adding suggestions to this thread please.

Private Message
Reply: 34 - 52
drbell
June 12, 2019, 11:49am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +269
Gold Stars: 14
As an exile down south, I basically don't get to any games at the moment. I try to do my bit by buying shirts, paying to watch games online, but I suspect not that much of this money trickles to the club.

How about the simple ability for fans (local and exile) to set up direct debits or one off payments to the club. I acknowledge this might be controversial given it rather depends whether people feel the club is making best use of the money, but Im sure there are others who would give a little each month, or as one offs when they are feeling more flush. It could be done in a few different ways:

- you could select what the money is used for (players, youth, ground improvements). I cant see any reason why the money cant just result in there being extra in the pot for those parts of the club that month/year. The club can then feedback on what was made possible by the overall donations.
- it could be a membership scheme (£1-5 gets you a welcome letter and 3 more packs a year with stickers, a signed postcard, a poster, etc. £5-10 also gets you a signed ball once in the year, signed poster etc. £10-20 gets you a shirt, a question/comment responded to by a member of staff, and so on. Its not supposed to be value for money if you know what i mean, just some small reward for contributing financially to the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 52
WOZOFGRIMSBY
June 12, 2019, 12:12pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
Watching the cricket this morning, there's loads of kids there. People interacting with them, faces painted and obviously something obviously the local schools have got behind in Taunton.

The club should be going all out to introduce a new wave of support imho. Invite local schools and get the ruddy ground filled (looking at the osmond/upper I guess). Give every game the essence of a cup final to them and get them excited about it. Players in the school a couple of days before. Give them flags to wave (far away as possible from fenty) maybe when seated give them tshirts to wear and alternate between black/white every 2 seats.

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 52
WOZOFGRIMSBY
June 12, 2019, 12:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from drbell
As an exile down south, I basically don't get to any games at the moment. I try to do my bit by buying shirts, paying to watch games online, but I suspect not that much of this money trickles to the club.

How about the simple ability for fans (local and exile) to set up direct debits or one off payments to the club. I acknowledge this might be controversial given it rather depends whether people feel the club is making best use of the money, but Im sure there are others who would give a little each month, or as one offs when they are feeling more flush. It could be done in a few different ways:

- you could select what the money is used for (players, youth, ground improvements). I cant see any reason why the money cant just result in there being extra in the pot for those parts of the club that month/year. The club can then feedback on what was made possible by the overall donations.
- it could be a membership scheme (£1-5 gets you a welcome letter and 3 more packs a year with stickers, a signed postcard, a poster, etc. £5-10 also gets you a signed ball once in the year, signed poster etc. £10-20 gets you a shirt, a question/comment responded to by a member of staff, and so on. Its not supposed to be value for money if you know what i mean, just some small reward for contributing financially to the club.

I mentioned a couple of years ago about when a purchase is made outside the local area or where postage is paid, why not throw a free car sticker in? Maybe even an 'exiled mariner' one with the crest

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 52
forza ivano
June 12, 2019, 12:37pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,138
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from drbell

i expounded a similar idea a few months ago. My thought was that Jolley (so that the money would be in support of him and the players, not the unpopular club) could suggest, for example,  a piece of equipment that was common place elsewheer but that budget constraints prevented us from having. We'd then crowd fund that piece of equipment
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 52
mimma
June 13, 2019, 12:35am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,544
Gold Stars: 78
All the money goes to either fund the team or to run the club. It doesn't go anywhere else.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Ideas to boost attendances and income - post yours

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.