Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dogs welcome?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 399 Guests

Dogs welcome?

This thread currently has 7,373 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
May 27, 2019, 7:53pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Fishbone

JSF sells dogs too?

Dogfish. Once upon a time.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 44
Grimsby2012
May 27, 2019, 9:19pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +12 / -8
Approval: -1,466
Gold Stars: 22
Nice to see disability discrimination in 2019 is still rampant. Pathetic... I'll be personally campaigning for this with is board and trust.

I blocked seeing red ticks years ago so go ahead   If I don't reply to you then i didn't read your replies  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 44
Azimuth
May 27, 2019, 9:25pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +695
Gold Stars: 60
Quoted from snoopsgtfc
Despite some serious negativity on my recent posts I will not be silenced by name callers and delinquents.
Another fantastic, club assisting idea I have had is to have a dog friendly section. In fact, we could have a costume contest and encourage dogs to dress in the GY stripes (potentially horizontal if my other ideas get taken on board). This will also boost morale as last season wasn’t brilliant and frankly Ben Pringle won’t be back now he is league one so congratulations to GTFC for losing that gem).
My dogs has coincidentally already won such a contest (although I dressed him as a sailor so maybe that could link with Youngs?) so I would be happy to give some ideas on the costume front.
Anyway, the players don’t really need that size pitch so I think sectioning off a bit of the grass for the dogs to have a play would be a great idea. Then people wouldn’t have to worry about leaving their dogs for the day while the go and watch. Which would probably bring in a few more spectators – I have noticed the turn out has been a little thin lately – this could be related to lack of available snacks that’s certainly an issue I’ve experienced! (don’t even sell sandwiches there!)
We could also charge people a pound or two to bring their dogs along, this will make some more money for the frankly cash strapped team.
If this is a successful idea we could look at launching other pet friendly schemes at the grounds (multipurpose use such as dog agility).
So just to recap because certain members of this forum seem to find change frightening and also confusing….
Fans can bring along their pet dogs.
This will earn the club some much needed money (and probably publicity).
This could open up some more uses for the pitch – it’s off season now what is it even being used for?
Potential dog costume contests to again boost morale and add a bit of fun (and if we played anything like last season I’d rather be watching the dogs).

Excellent Idea, keep them coming!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 44
Marinerz93
May 27, 2019, 9:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.56
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
snoopsgtfc may be on to something is JF the Dog Father.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/nl3Ov6m.jpg[/img]

[youtube]1TX8aXpKd-s[/youtube]

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 44
m4riners
May 28, 2019, 12:06pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +26
I for one would certainly welcome a starting 11 of dogs, it's been too long since we had a real terrier in midfield.

We could play some really attractive stuff if we had a bit of pedigree upfront, and a decent winger to whippet in to the box.

Quoted from CodHead

How about we create a starting 11 of dogs as well about as realistic as that happening

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 44
1mickylyons
May 28, 2019, 12:10pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56
Don`t lets alienate the Ref we best get in a guide dog.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 44
Azimuth
June 1, 2019, 9:13am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +695
Gold Stars: 60
Would there be a section for well behaved cats to sit on there owners laps?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 44
Gaffer58
June 1, 2019, 11:37pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Azimuth
Would there be a section for well behaved cats to sit on there owners laps?

Well, that would at least get you through a drab 0-0 , having a girl private sitting on your lap whilst sat in the main stand!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 44
golfer
June 2, 2019, 9:07am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,429
Gold Stars: 116
HM  MOG
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 44
GrimRob
June 2, 2019, 9:09am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 39 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dogs welcome?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.