Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: snoopsgtfc, May 26, 2019, 6:10pm
Despite some serious negativity on my recent posts I will not be silenced by name callers and delinquents.
Another fantastic, club assisting idea I have had is to have a dog friendly section. In fact, we could have a costume contest and encourage dogs to dress in the GY stripes (potentially horizontal if my other ideas get taken on board). This will also boost morale as last season wasn’t brilliant and frankly Ben Pringle won’t be back now he is league one so congratulations to GTFC for losing that gem).
My dogs has coincidentally already won such a contest (although I dressed him as a sailor so maybe that could link with Youngs?) so I would be happy to give some ideas on the costume front.
Anyway, the players don’t really need that size pitch so I think sectioning off a bit of the grass for the dogs to have a play would be a great idea. Then people wouldn’t have to worry about leaving their dogs for the day while the go and watch. Which would probably bring in a few more spectators – I have noticed the turn out has been a little thin lately – this could be related to lack of available snacks that’s certainly an issue I’ve experienced! (don’t even sell sandwiches there!)
We could also charge people a pound or two to bring their dogs along, this will make some more money for the frankly cash strapped team.
If this is a successful idea we could look at launching other pet friendly schemes at the grounds (multipurpose use such as dog agility).
So just to recap because certain members of this forum seem to find change frightening and also confusing….
Fans can bring along their pet dogs.
This will earn the club some much needed money (and probably publicity).
This could open up some more uses for the pitch – it’s off season now what is it even being used for?
Potential dog costume contests to again boost morale and add a bit of fun (and if we played anything like last season I’d rather be watching the dogs).

Posted by: CodHead, May 26, 2019, 6:15pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from snoopsgtfc
Despite some serious negativity on my recent posts I will not be silenced by name callers and delinquents.
Another fantastic, club assisting idea I have had is to have a dog friendly section. In fact, we could have a costume contest and encourage dogs to dress in the GY stripes (potentially horizontal if my other ideas get taken on board). This will also boost morale as last season wasn’t brilliant and frankly Ben Pringle won’t be back now he is league one so congratulations to GTFC for losing that gem).
My dogs has coincidentally already won such a contest (although I dressed him as a sailor so maybe that could link with Youngs?) so I would be happy to give some ideas on the costume front.
Anyway, the players don’t really need that size pitch so I think sectioning off a bit of the grass for the dogs to have a play would be a great idea. Then people wouldn’t have to worry about leaving their dogs for the day while the go and watch. Which would probably bring in a few more spectators – I have noticed the turn out has been a little thin lately – this could be related to lack of available snacks that’s certainly an issue I’ve experienced! (don’t even sell sandwiches there!)
We could also charge people a pound or two to bring their dogs along, this will make some more money for the frankly cash strapped team.
If this is a successful idea we could look at launching other pet friendly schemes at the grounds (multipurpose use such as dog agility).
So just to recap because certain members of this forum seem to find change frightening and also confusing….
This could open up some more uses for the pitch – it’s off season now what is it even being used for?
Potential dog costume contests to again boost morale and add a bit of fun (and if we played anything like last season I’d rather be watching the dogs).

How about we create a starting 11 of dogs as well about as realistic as that happening
Posted by: snoopsgtfc, May 26, 2019, 6:29pm; Reply: 2
Clearly you're a cat person  :-/
Posted by: Grantley, May 26, 2019, 6:33pm; Reply: 3
Can mods ban this troll please?
Posted by: snoopsgtfc, May 26, 2019, 6:40pm; Reply: 4
Hardly a troll, offering some very valid suggestions for the club. Just because you haven't thought of anything useful.
Posted by: snoopsgtfc, May 26, 2019, 6:45pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Grantley
Can mods ban this troll please?

Mate you've been logged on for 1437 days 19 hours 46 minutes, maybe you should step away from the computer....

Posted by: CodHead, May 26, 2019, 7:08pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from snoopsgtfc

Mate you've been logged on for 1437 days 19 hours 46 minutes, maybe you should step away from the computer....

You've been logged on for 2 days and you have already made 13 posts
'Maybe you should step away from the computer'
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 26, 2019, 7:17pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from snoopsgtfc

You are taking the urine aren't you?
Posted by: CodHead, May 26, 2019, 7:18pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from arryarryarry

You are taking the urine aren't you?

He's gone barking mad
Posted by: golfer, May 26, 2019, 8:03pm; Reply: 9
I've got a better idea Snoops-you could dress up as a dog and run around the pitch and we could throw dog shite at you-with prizes for the best aim. Create a bit of fun and satisfaction for all those who hit you and a bit of cash for the club-dog shite £1 a bag at the refreshment counters

Oh-and congratulations you have got 99 red x's in 3 days-club record.
Posted by: Ipswin, May 26, 2019, 8:10pm; Reply: 10
Mods please get rid of this tiresome twit, it's half term so he'll be allowed to stay up and we're going to stuck with him for a week
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, May 26, 2019, 8:17pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Ipswin
Mods please get rid of this tiresome twit, it's half term so he'll be allowed to stay up and we're going to stuck with him for a week

That'll be lost on here swin, you're talking too much sense!!...😂😂
Posted by: Mallyner, May 26, 2019, 8:34pm; Reply: 12
I'm afraid your idea is not going to 'Winalot' of support.  :)
Posted by: golfer, May 26, 2019, 8:38pm; Reply: 13
Woof Woof
Posted by: Civvy at last, May 26, 2019, 8:43pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Ipswin

Frightened of the competition Swin ?

In the ‘red cross’ department he’s giving you a right kicking.  🤔
Posted by: Ipswin, May 26, 2019, 8:44pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

That'll be lost on here swin, you're talking too much sense!!...😂😂

Unusual for me I know.. ;)

Posted by: Ipswin, May 26, 2019, 8:45pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Civvy at last

Frightened of the competition Swin ?

In the ‘red cross’ department he’s giving you a right kicking.  🤔

Not at all, makes my contributions look good in fact

Posted by: golfer, May 26, 2019, 8:47pm; Reply: 17
Woof Woof [cont.]  I saw them play under Slade and went home and kicked my owner
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 26, 2019, 9:41pm; Reply: 18
Where’s MyDogsTesticles when you need him?
Posted by: moss_side_mariner, May 26, 2019, 10:33pm; Reply: 19
If you put a horizontal striped shirt on a dog, the stripes will be vertical.
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 26, 2019, 10:47pm; Reply: 20

"Dogs" one of my favourite tracks of all time......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiaF4kuxJco
Posted by: moss_side_mariner, May 27, 2019, 12:02am; Reply: 21
I welcome these dogs

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0BSkZWUkV9s
Posted by: A.l.f., May 27, 2019, 10:54am; Reply: 22
Wes Thomas girlfriend took her dog in at Yeovil away last season, but there was no charge.
Posted by: Marinerz93, May 27, 2019, 11:13am; Reply: 23
Quoted from snoopsgtfc

[img]https://i.imgur.com/AEqqhYv.gif[/img]
Posted by: golfer, May 27, 2019, 4:07pm; Reply: 24
Makes a change talking about dogs instead of asking when J.S.F. is going to sell
Posted by: golfer, May 27, 2019, 4:07pm; Reply: 25
When's JSF going to sell ?
Posted by: Grimsby2012, May 27, 2019, 5:39pm; Reply: 26
I agree. Let's dogs in. People with autism or mental health issues benefit from emotional support dogs. This will be vital for some people who can't get to town games but could if they had an emotional support dog
Posted by: hheh2, May 27, 2019, 5:40pm; Reply: 27
Macclesfield have ducks.
Posted by: golfer, May 27, 2019, 5:45pm; Reply: 28
Phil Neville has birds.   End of subject.
Posted by: Fishbone, May 27, 2019, 6:06pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from golfer
Makes a change talking about dogs instead of asking when J.S.F. is going to sell

JSF sells dogs too?

Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 27, 2019, 7:53pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from Fishbone

JSF sells dogs too?

Dogfish. Once upon a time.
Posted by: Grimsby2012, May 27, 2019, 9:19pm; Reply: 31
Nice to see disability discrimination in 2019 is still rampant. Pathetic... I'll be personally campaigning for this with is board and trust.
Posted by: Azimuth, May 27, 2019, 9:25pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from snoopsgtfc

Excellent Idea, keep them coming!
Posted by: Marinerz93, May 27, 2019, 9:32pm; Reply: 33
snoopsgtfc may be on to something is JF the Dog Father.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/nl3Ov6m.jpg[/img]

[youtube]1TX8aXpKd-s[/youtube]
Posted by: m4riners, May 28, 2019, 12:06pm; Reply: 34
I for one would certainly welcome a starting 11 of dogs, it's been too long since we had a real terrier in midfield.

We could play some really attractive stuff if we had a bit of pedigree upfront, and a decent winger to whippet in to the box.

Quoted from CodHead

How about we create a starting 11 of dogs as well about as realistic as that happening

Posted by: 1mickylyons, May 28, 2019, 12:10pm; Reply: 35
Don`t lets alienate the Ref we best get in a guide dog.
Posted by: Azimuth, June 1, 2019, 9:13am; Reply: 36
Would there be a section for well behaved cats to sit on there owners laps?
Posted by: Gaffer58, June 1, 2019, 11:37pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from Azimuth
Would there be a section for well behaved cats to sit on there owners laps?

Well, that would at least get you through a drab 0-0 , having a girl private sitting on your lap whilst sat in the main stand!!!
Posted by: golfer, June 2, 2019, 9:07am; Reply: 38
HM  MOG
Posted by: GrimRob, June 2, 2019, 9:09am; Reply: 39
https://mobile.twitter.com/officialgtfc/status/1089100626389274625
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, June 2, 2019, 12:06pm; Reply: 40
Is Gary crufts re-signing or something?
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, June 2, 2019, 1:15pm; Reply: 41
I went to a wildlife park once and all they had was one dog.

It was a shihtzu
Posted by: wigworld, June 2, 2019, 1:43pm; Reply: 42
I'm still trying to work out whether snoopsgtfc is a spoof account.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, June 2, 2019, 4:01pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from wigworld
I'm still trying to work out whether snoopsgtfc is a spoof account.

He's barking  ;)
Posted by: cmackenzie4, June 2, 2019, 4:15pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from KingstonMariner

He's barking  ;)

He’s most probably had his collar felt  ;)
Print page generated: April 24, 2024, 4:52am