KingstonMariner
May 20, 2019, 4:27pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
North Berwick, the only place in the UK officially still at war with Russia...now there's a quiz question for you!!

Not quite correct. North Berwick is a village in Scotland, on the coast SE of Edinburgh. Completely different place to the border town of Berwick-upon-Tweed which is the place left off the list of territories that Her Britannia Majesty reigned over in the peace treaty that ended the Crimean War.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 25
grimsby pete
May 20, 2019, 4:29pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I’d have thought you’d follow Peterhead 😉

I used to support them but they are crap KM  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 25
KingstonMariner
May 20, 2019, 4:31pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from grimsby pete

That’s the whole point of Scottish football Pete. Follow one of their clubs so Town don’t seem so bad. 😆

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 25
Les Brechin
May 20, 2019, 4:33pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,710
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from grimsby pete

They won their league this season just gone Pete and will be above Brechin next season!

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 25
grimsby pete
May 20, 2019, 4:35pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Les Brechin

They won their league this season just gone Pete and will be above Brechin next season!

Have they ? I might support them again seeing I am a fair weather supporter  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 25
Bigdog
May 20, 2019, 4:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
At least we’re not Berwick, Clydebank or East Stirling..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 25
Maringer
May 20, 2019, 5:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,506
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from Les Brechin

How do they decide which team plays off against the bottom team in the SPL Jock. Do the winners of the Highland League and the Lowland League have a play-off themselves to decide? Also are Auchinleck able to get into The Lowland League or not?

The Highland League and Lowland League winners have a play-off to decide who plays-off against the bottom SPFL team.

No way for a Junior Football side like Auchinleck to get into the SPFL as it stands. They are outside the Pyramid, by choice I think.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 25
fishboyUTM
May 20, 2019, 5:50pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,068
Gold Stars: 40
To be fair to Berwick, they lost their play off 7-0 over two games so made a good fist of it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 25
jock dock tower
May 20, 2019, 6:57pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Quoted from Les Brechin

How do they decide which team plays off against the bottom team in the SPL Jock. Do the winners of the Highland League and the Lowland League have a play-off themselves to decide? Also are Auchinleck able to get into The Lowland League or not?

Winners of Highland League play winners of Lowland League for right to play off against the bottom SFL team Les. No automatic relegation from SFL to Lowland League which makes a mockery of what any Pyramid should be about.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 25
jock dock tower
May 20, 2019, 7:01pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
Quoted from Maringer

The Highland League and Lowland League winners have a play-off to decide who plays-off against the bottom SPFL team.

No way for a Junior Football side like Auchinleck to get into the SPFL as it stands. They are outside the Pyramid, by choice I think.

The Juniors from the Western Super League were supposed to be joining the Pyramid set up this season. The SFL have suddenly slammed the brakes on and said "Sorry...." What appears to have happened is the self preservation of the SFL clubs who can see the time coming as to when the Pyramid is expanded to such an extent that the non league clubs will be able to outvote their League counterparts. I fully understand that, and can sympathise with it to a point, but it's just so symptomatic of how the game is administered north of the border - chaotic. All the clubs who moved out of the Juniors from the East last season have also had the brakes slammed on them with applications for ground licencing for exactly the same reason. You really couldn't make all this up.

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 25
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Berwick Rangers

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.