4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
LH
May 18, 2019, 9:32pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,456
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from HertsGTFC
How about taking the financial hit and not doing a new kit and this stop taking the p1ss out of the supporters who have been served up predominately utter rubbish for a decade or so.

Changing the kit year in year out feels like another rip off of the loyal support.

Imagine how excrement we’d be if we didn’t have the additional money coming in though!
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 36
HertsGTFC
May 18, 2019, 9:42pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,884
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from LH

Imagine how excrement we’d be if we didn’t have the additional money coming in though!

Yeah possibly but lets say we sell 3,000 shirts ex VAT with a GM of £15 each gives you £45K which in reality is one mid earner player.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 36
Maringer
May 18, 2019, 10:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,412
Gold Stars: 184
Might be the mid-earning player who scores the winning goal that wins promotion/saves your from relegation.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 36
LH
May 18, 2019, 10:40pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,456
Gold Stars: 172
A mid-earning player will probably be better than a rough diamond plucked from the Spanish third division.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 36
Fishy_fishtails
May 18, 2019, 10:57pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: -345
Haven't heard or seen anything about the new design or away colours etc but believe it's on sale 15/16th June.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 36
SomeSanity
May 19, 2019, 12:04am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +855
Gold Stars: 1
A  sublimated shirt costs to make about 15 quid, 3000 shirts at 45  gives you a better idea of what the club gets.

I think if the club moved away from Errea would give the club even more money because I are all Errea’d up.

Is there a reason why we haven’t moved, there seem to be a number of clubs with long term deals with them .. something smells fishy to me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 36
WOZOFGRIMSBY
May 19, 2019, 3:22am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,798
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from SomeSanity
A  sublimated shirt costs to make about 15 quid, 3000 shirts at 45  gives you a better idea of what the club gets.

I think if the club moved away from Errea would give the club even more money because I are all Errea’d up.

Is there a reason why we haven’t moved, there seem to be a number of clubs with long term deals with them .. something smells fishy to me.

We won't be changing any season soon unfortunately!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 36
SomeSanity
May 19, 2019, 10:19am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +855
Gold Stars: 1
I’m not sure why my comment got red crosses.

Clubs change their kit supplier every few years to freshen things up. The point I was making, fans are less likely to buy a winter coat etc because they already have one.

In the past 15 years we have changed suppliers once and have the same sponsors on everything, we must be the only club in the EFL to have both of these factors and it is both boring and lazy. A change is needed to get this club where it needs to be commercially. I’m sure this would stack up against other clubs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 36
KingstonMariner
May 19, 2019, 11:13am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from SomeSanity
I’m not sure why my comment got red crosses.

Clubs change their kit supplier every few years to freshen things up. The point I was making, fans are less likely to buy a winter coat etc because they already have one.

In the past 15 years we have changed suppliers once and have the same sponsors on everything, we must be the only club in the EFL to have both of these factors and it is both boring and lazy. A change is needed to get this club where it needs to be commercially. I’m sure this would stack up against other clubs.

When was the last time this club freshened anything up?  

I'm not inclined to agree with you about the merits of changing shirt suppliers or sponsors, providing work is done in the background to benchmark and manage the relationships to get the most out of them. The question is are we doing as well as we could be?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 36
forza ivano
May 19, 2019, 11:37am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,130
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from LH
A mid-earning player will probably be better than a rough diamond plucked from the Spanish third division.

But unfair on Robles. Don't forget he was an integral part of the squad that achieved our most successful Checkatrade trophy campaign ever
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 36
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New kit

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.