SomeSanity
May 19, 2019, 1:21pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +855
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from KingstonMariner

When was the last time this club freshened anything up?  

I'm not inclined to agree with you about the merits of changing shirt suppliers or sponsors, providing work is done in the background to benchmark and manage the relationships to get the most out of them. The question is are we doing as well as we could be?

I see what your saying, my comment is more on the supplier than the sponsor. But we are putting all of our eggs in Young’s basket. What happens when they pull out? We are a nice to have for them, not a need to have.  If things start to go south for them  The sponsorship of the club will be one of the first things to go.  We have all three kit sponsorship placements, and a stand Sponsored by them that in its self is a huge financial risk
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 36
mimma
May 19, 2019, 2:03pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,545
Gold Stars: 78
Your assuming that we can easily get new sponsors who will give us more money than the present sponsors. I am sure that if that was the case we would have changed sponsors.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 36
KingstonMariner
May 19, 2019, 6:48pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from SomeSanity

I see what your saying, my comment is more on the supplier than the sponsor. But we are putting all of our eggs in Young’s basket. What happens when they pull out? We are a nice to have for them, not a need to have.  If things start to go south for them  The sponsorship of the club will be one of the first things to go.  We have all three kit sponsorship placements, and a stand Sponsored by them that in its self is a huge financial risk

I agree with you it's a risk. I would hope there's some contingency planning and also someone in the club has looked at the likelihood of that happening when making decisions. 'Hope' being the operative word.

Any football sponsorship is a 'nice to have' for any company. For Youngs though it's a positive thing to be seen to be supporting its hometown football club. Grimsby is part of its 'branding'. It speaks of loyalty, longevity and values, not fickle fashion, and it says they're putting something back into the community.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 36
Croxton
May 20, 2019, 9:14am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +2,933
Gold Stars: 31
https://www.chesterfield-fc.co.uk/news/2018/august/20180822-all-four-stands-now-sponsored/

Bit ironic following relegation. Would it be tasteless to suggest that a local Funeral Directors sponsor the Upper if Youngs pull out?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 36
Mariner Timsky
May 20, 2019, 9:19am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,535
Gold Stars: 4
I'd be happy if they kept the seasons just gone for another season - but that decision wouldn't go down well from loads of fans moaning about where is the new shirt!  

I really liked both the Home and the Away from the season just gone - unfortunately I missed out on a Home in Large  

Anyone have a spare or wanna flog me one??

I'v got the away one which I often wear here in Northampton - if you see someone running around the Racecourse or Abby Park in a red Town Top thats me!!

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 36
HertsGTFC
May 20, 2019, 2:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,648
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from SomeSanity
A  sublimated shirt costs to make about 15 quid, 3000 shirts at 45  gives you a better idea of what the club gets.

I think if the club moved away from Errea would give the club even more money because I are all Errea’d up.

Is there a reason why we haven’t moved, there seem to be a number of clubs with long term deals with them .. something smells fishy to me.

Her Maj takes the first 20% of any adult kit sold, no VAT on kids clothing.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 36
Marinerdan
May 21, 2019, 10:32am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +15 / -1
Approval: +968
Gold Stars: 17
I may be wrong but aren’t Errea one of the only kit suppliers that do relatively bespoke kits at our level?

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 36
WOZOFGRIMSBY
May 21, 2019, 12:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from Marinerdan
I may be wrong but aren’t Errea one of the only kit suppliers that do relatively bespoke kits at our level?

I think there's too many benefits for some, to go changing suppliers

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 36
WetFlannel
May 23, 2019, 7:33am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 7
Remember when we were with Nike and we just got whatever their catalog shirt was that year? Other than Spennymoor taking our shirt from last season after we’ve already used it we actually get our own shirts with Errea. I’m much happier with that than changing back to the Nike situation.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 36
GollyGTFC
May 23, 2019, 10:36am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347
There are plenty of companies who offer bespoke kits now at our level...

Admiral (Bury)
Umbro (Carlisle)
Macron (Colchester, Macclesfield, Morecambe & Stevenage)
FTB (Crewe & Newport)
Joma (Exeter)
PlayerLayer (Forest Green)
Surridge (Mansfield)
Sondico (Oldham)
BLK (Port Vale)
TAG (Yeovil Town)

It's simply not true that Town are either stuck with Errea or have to have Nike or Puma teamwear,
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 29 - 36
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › New kit

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.