8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
jimgtfc
May 11, 2019, 5:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,086
Gold Stars: 45
Is it the same Piergianni that was at Boston a few years back? If it is then we definitely looked into signing him.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 75
buckstown
May 11, 2019, 5:34pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,180
Gold Stars: 79
Its interesting when you listen to the stewards enquiry after the game discussing how they might do next year. Momentum is the key and the examples are Lincoln, Bristol Rovers, Tranmere and FGR. What a shame we couldn't harness the momentum and kick on. Still, I believe the new portakabin was a beauty
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 75
FishOutOfWater
May 11, 2019, 5:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from buckstown
Its interesting when you listen to the stewards enquiry after the game discussing how they might do next year. Momentum is the key and the examples are Lincoln, Bristol Rovers, Tranmere and FGR. What a shame we couldn't harness the momentum and kick on. Still, I believe the new portakabin was a beauty

I don't think you mean we as in the fans, I fully believe the desire from the terraces to kick on was there in abundance... that first game when we got off to a flying start at home to Morecambe, the atmosphere when we scored was priceless

The opportunity to harness that was there, but they ( that is the club's heirarchy ) just didn't want it the same as us fans

UTM GTID
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 52 - 75
Madeleymariner
May 11, 2019, 5:51pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,051
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

What is the capacity at their place?

Total 5 thousand and something, away fans in a low covered stand behind one goal no idea how many it holds plus 200 seats,
Think it would be like at Alfreton (but more modern) if we went for it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 75
Grimal
May 11, 2019, 5:52pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,858
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from buckstown
Did I hear the commentator say the Salford centre half Piergianni is in double figures for the season? He looks a brute and never shuts up talking to his defence. Imagine??

Carl Piergianni, ex-Boston United centre half, left them to take a year out and then returned to Salford to resume his footie career.Scored some good goals for Boston, mainly headers,puts his head where it hurts and spent quite a few games in a head bandage.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 75
FishOutOfWater
May 11, 2019, 5:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Madeleymariner

Total 5 thousand and something, away fans in a low covered stand behind one goal no idea how many it holds plus 200 seats,
Think it would be like at Alfreton (but more modern) if we went for it

Cheers Madeley

If we were to take our usual 500→1000 fans over the Pennines, it might make it a bit awkward getting a ticket I guess but not impossible  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 55 - 75
Grimal
May 11, 2019, 5:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,858
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from jimgtfc
Is it the same Piergianni that was at Boston a few years back? If it is then we definitely looked into signing him.

I mentioned on here a year or two back that he would be a good signing for Town after seeing him play several times at Boston,didn't realise we looked into signing him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 75
Gaffer58
May 11, 2019, 6:05pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
Due to financial rules they probably cannot spend anymore then us, but I would assume they have good contacts with clubs like Man U and Everton to get under 21's on loan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 75
Madeleymariner
May 11, 2019, 6:06pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,051
Gold Stars: 49
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Cheers Madeley

If we were to take our usual 500→1000 fans over the Pennines, it might make it a bit awkward getting a ticket I guess but not impossible  

I have done extensive research (hell its boring without Town games to moan about ) total 1100 available this season just gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 75
lew chaterleys lover
May 11, 2019, 6:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Another team joining L2 that will have more money and momentum than us, I noticed one bookie has Town as favourites to go down looking at who’s come up and down from L1 they might be proved right.

I’m sure that bell chopper Peter Swan regrets getting rid of Alexander who I think is a half decent manager.

Nobody can be surprised we would be the bookies favourites to go down.

I said this a few weeks back - our record over the last 15 years or more is so bad it is obvious we will be among the favourites, having finished 18th and 17th in the last two seasons.

I think all Town fans must by now realise we are also rans; no longer even a lower half fourth division club. It pains me to say it, but it is true.

We need change, and we need it fast or we face another decade of misery, including relegation back to the Conference..
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 75
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › National League Play Off Final

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.