Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 11, 2019, 2:59pm
Looks like it could be one of the lowest attended ever🙄
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 11, 2019, 3:01pm; Reply: 1
Just what I was about to say....think there were probably more in there when I did the stadium tour 🙄
Posted by: Meza, May 11, 2019, 3:01pm; Reply: 2
yeah noticed that only some fans on one side of the stadium.  
Posted by: LH, May 11, 2019, 3:03pm; Reply: 3
Have the Class of 92 paid BT not to show the Salford end? I bet the Conference lose loads of cash paying out for Wembley having these two in the final. A lovely performance of the national anthem too - they could have at least got a band who’ve played instruments before.
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 11, 2019, 3:03pm; Reply: 4

Yeah I'm watching it.

Posted by: Abdul19, May 11, 2019, 3:09pm; Reply: 5
Did anyone know that Salford are part owned by some former Man Utd players? They've kept that one quiet.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 11, 2019, 3:11pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Abdul19
Did anyone know that Salford are part owned by some former Man Utd players? They've kept that one quiet.

Unbelievable Jeff  ;D
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 11, 2019, 3:12pm; Reply: 7
Pond yellow card.....
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 11, 2019, 3:15pm; Reply: 8
1-0 to Salford
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 11, 2019, 3:15pm; Reply: 9

1-0 Salford

I bet the Wrexham fans can't bring themselves to watch it   ;)  
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 11, 2019, 3:16pm; Reply: 10
Trip to Salford next season then? 😕
Posted by: Abdul19, May 11, 2019, 3:17pm; Reply: 11
Pub league defending
Posted by: bradzmilne, May 11, 2019, 3:19pm; Reply: 12
Standard has been really poor
Posted by: LH, May 11, 2019, 3:22pm; Reply: 13
I wasn’t aware that Fylde had won the European Cup or does the star refer to something else?
Posted by: Madeleymariner, May 11, 2019, 3:32pm; Reply: 14
Pretty sure that was a beer in Beckhams hands as he was watching the game-isn't that illegel or something ??)
Posted by: Civvy at last, May 11, 2019, 3:34pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Pretty sure that was a beer in Beckhams hands as he was watching the game-isn't that illegel or something ??)

Nah, it’s a phone that’s illegal mate  ;)
Incidentally. Beckham has got more points in the last month than Man U. (He got six, they got five) 😄😄😄
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 11, 2019, 3:34pm; Reply: 16

He can drink as much as he likes now he's banned from driving   8)

Posted by: Meza, May 11, 2019, 3:47pm; Reply: 17
it looked like a glass of wine to me lol
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, May 11, 2019, 3:52pm; Reply: 18
Plastics v Plastics.

If only both teams could lose.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, May 11, 2019, 3:56pm; Reply: 19
If were lucky a sliding challenge near the dugouts could lead to a career ending injury to Challinor :)
Posted by: Ipswin, May 11, 2019, 4:04pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Abdul19
Pub league defending

Our excrement-hot strike force has got nothing to worry about then, 6-0 easy.

Posted by: arryarryarry, May 11, 2019, 4:16pm; Reply: 21
2-0 Salford
Posted by: Hagrid, May 11, 2019, 4:16pm; Reply: 22
God i wish they’d stop showing those illegitimates in the box
Posted by: OllieGTFC, May 11, 2019, 4:17pm; Reply: 23
Looks like we have Salford coming to BP
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 11, 2019, 4:17pm; Reply: 24
2-0 now.... guess Becks will be on the red then? (wine)
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 11, 2019, 4:18pm; Reply: 25

Game over for me....Fylde's strikers look worse than ours.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 11, 2019, 4:24pm; Reply: 26
3-0 now  so surely game over?  ;)
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 11, 2019, 4:24pm; Reply: 27
3-0 game over
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 11, 2019, 4:25pm; Reply: 28

Miss hit cross....   8)
Posted by: Abdul19, May 11, 2019, 4:34pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Ipswin

Our excrement-hot strike force has got nothing to worry about then, 6-0 easy.

Just a shame we won't actually be playing the team concerned.
Posted by: moosey_club, May 11, 2019, 4:38pm; Reply: 30
FFS....
only positive things i can scrape from this likely looking result are...

Congrats to Nathan Pond....

Haha Challinor you tw@t

Posted by: Madeleymariner, May 11, 2019, 4:39pm; Reply: 31
Fylde left back looks decent, not afraid to run at them
Posted by: Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie, May 11, 2019, 4:41pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from moosey_club
FFS....
only positive things i can scrape from this likely looking result are...

Congrats to Nathan Pond....

Haha Challinor you tw@t

So you’re not made up for ‘Becks and the boys who have worked so hard behind the scenes to achieve this’? No me neither.
Posted by: moosey_club, May 11, 2019, 4:43pm; Reply: 33

So you’re not made up for ‘Becks and the boys who have worked so hard behind the scenes to achieve this’? No me neither.

oh are they involved in Salford ?

Never knew.....
Posted by: devs, May 11, 2019, 4:44pm; Reply: 34
Bound to happen sooner rather than later
They'll be top 6 next season I reckon after spending loads more dosh
Fylde played some nice stuff first half but zero end product
Posted by: buckstown, May 11, 2019, 4:44pm; Reply: 35
Did I hear the commentator say the Salford centre half Piergianni is in double figures for the season? He looks a brute and never shuts up talking to his defence. Imagine??
Posted by: Meza, May 11, 2019, 4:45pm; Reply: 36
Fylde left back looks decent, not afraid to run at them

Looks awful.... Worse than Aswad Thomas if you ask me....now Salfords left back (who I think is actually a RB) looks better.  In truth both teams are awful and they would need to invest in better players.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 11, 2019, 4:46pm; Reply: 37
Another team joining L2 that will have more money and momentum than us, I noticed one bookie has Town as favourites to go down looking at who’s come up and down from L1 they might be proved right.

I’m sure that bell chopper Peter Swan regrets getting rid of Alexander who I think is a half decent manager.
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, May 11, 2019, 4:47pm; Reply: 38
8049 in attendance.

That is truly shocking. Tinpot.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 11, 2019, 4:47pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from Meza

Looks awful.... Worse than Aswad Thomas if you ask me....now Salfords left back (who I think is actually a RB) looks better.  In truth both teams are awful and they would need to invest in better players.

Can't see Salford doing that though can you? ;D
Posted by: Meza, May 11, 2019, 4:57pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Can't see Salford doing that though can you? ;D

I heard they signed 12 players.  They'll probably treat there players like someone playing Football Manager 😂
Posted by: Madeleymariner, May 11, 2019, 4:58pm; Reply: 41
Took till 85 mins but they have finally mentioned the billionaire foreigner thats really bankrolling them now.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 11, 2019, 4:59pm; Reply: 42
What price Salford away for our first game of next season?
Posted by: LH, May 11, 2019, 4:59pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from AndyDarloFC
8049 in attendance.

That includes all the matchday staff and London Underground workers at Wembley Park too.
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 11, 2019, 5:00pm; Reply: 44
Took till 85 mins but they have finally mentioned the billionaire foreigner thats really bankrolling them now.

Any chance we can find one?   (wallbash)
Posted by: Madeleymariner, May 11, 2019, 5:02pm; Reply: 45
At least its localish for me but I bet getting tickets would be like finding rocking horse poo when we do play them.
Posted by: topuphere666, May 11, 2019, 5:06pm; Reply: 46
Piergianni is the type of player we’ve missed since Pearson left. Non stop talking even when 3-0 up and coasting and into double figures for goals scored.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 11, 2019, 5:08pm; Reply: 47
At least its localish for me but I bet getting tickets would be like finding rocking horse poo when we do play them.

What is the capacity at their place?
Posted by: VinnyGTFC, May 11, 2019, 5:14pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Another team joining L2 that will have more money and momentum than us, I noticed one bookie has Town as favourites to go down looking at who’s come up and down from L1 they might be proved right.

I’m sure that bell chopper Peter Swan regrets getting rid of Alexander who I think is a half decent manager.

On the basis the bookies don't know what players teams will have when the season opens  I wouldn't get my knickers in a twist
Posted by: mariner83, May 11, 2019, 5:21pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from AndyDarloFC
8049 in attendance.

Half the previous lowest attendance (I believe) which was Wrexham v Newport.
Posted by: jimgtfc, May 11, 2019, 5:31pm; Reply: 50
Is it the same Piergianni that was at Boston a few years back? If it is then we definitely looked into signing him.
Posted by: buckstown, May 11, 2019, 5:34pm; Reply: 51
Its interesting when you listen to the stewards enquiry after the game discussing how they might do next year. Momentum is the key and the examples are Lincoln, Bristol Rovers, Tranmere and FGR. What a shame we couldn't harness the momentum and kick on. Still, I believe the new portakabin was a beauty
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 11, 2019, 5:39pm; Reply: 52
Quoted from buckstown
Its interesting when you listen to the stewards enquiry after the game discussing how they might do next year. Momentum is the key and the examples are Lincoln, Bristol Rovers, Tranmere and FGR. What a shame we couldn't harness the momentum and kick on. Still, I believe the new portakabin was a beauty

I don't think you mean we as in the fans, I fully believe the desire from the terraces to kick on was there in abundance... that first game when we got off to a flying start at home to Morecambe, the atmosphere when we scored was priceless

The opportunity to harness that was there, but they ( that is the club's heirarchy ) just didn't want it the same as us fans

UTM GTID
Posted by: Madeleymariner, May 11, 2019, 5:51pm; Reply: 53

What is the capacity at their place?

Total 5 thousand and something, away fans in a low covered stand behind one goal no idea how many it holds plus 200 seats,
Think it would be like at Alfreton (but more modern) if we went for it
Posted by: Grimal, May 11, 2019, 5:52pm; Reply: 54
Quoted from buckstown
Did I hear the commentator say the Salford centre half Piergianni is in double figures for the season? He looks a brute and never shuts up talking to his defence. Imagine??

Carl Piergianni, ex-Boston United centre half, left them to take a year out and then returned to Salford to resume his footie career.Scored some good goals for Boston, mainly headers,puts his head where it hurts and spent quite a few games in a head bandage.

Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 11, 2019, 5:56pm; Reply: 55

Total 5 thousand and something, away fans in a low covered stand behind one goal no idea how many it holds plus 200 seats,
Think it would be like at Alfreton (but more modern) if we went for it

Cheers Madeley

If we were to take our usual 500→1000 fans over the Pennines, it might make it a bit awkward getting a ticket I guess but not impossible  ::)
Posted by: Grimal, May 11, 2019, 5:59pm; Reply: 56
Quoted from jimgtfc
Is it the same Piergianni that was at Boston a few years back? If it is then we definitely looked into signing him.

(thumbup) I mentioned on here a year or two back that he would be a good signing for Town after seeing him play several times at Boston,didn't realise we looked into signing him.
Posted by: Gaffer58, May 11, 2019, 6:05pm; Reply: 57
Due to financial rules they probably cannot spend anymore then us, but I would assume they have good contacts with clubs like Man U and Everton to get under 21's on loan.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, May 11, 2019, 6:06pm; Reply: 58

Cheers Madeley

If we were to take our usual 500→1000 fans over the Pennines, it might make it a bit awkward getting a ticket I guess but not impossible  ::)

I have done extensive research (hell its boring without Town games to moan about :P) total 1100 available this season just gone.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, May 11, 2019, 6:23pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Nobody can be surprised we would be the bookies favourites to go down.

I said this a few weeks back - our record over the last 15 years or more is so bad it is obvious we will be among the favourites, having finished 18th and 17th in the last two seasons.

I think all Town fans must by now realise we are also rans; no longer even a lower half fourth division club. It pains me to say it, but it is true.

We need change, and we need it fast or we face another decade of misery, including relegation back to the Conference..
Posted by: Abdul19, May 11, 2019, 6:38pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from Gaffer58
Due to financial rules they probably cannot spend anymore then us, but I would assume they have good contacts with clubs like Man U and Everton to get under 21's on loan.

I suspect they'll find a way around those pesky rules
Posted by: Meza, May 11, 2019, 6:58pm; Reply: 61
Quoted from Abdul19

I suspect they'll find a way around those pesky rules

I'm not sure what the rules are Abdul19.

but maybe those in charge are only interested in whether the club has financial stability regardless of fan base.

Do Salford, AFC Fylde, etc have the finance to keep the club afloat, yep.  Should a club with a small fan base be allowed to pay high wages on players?  Well it is their money, but its a little unfair on the other clubs.  
Posted by: SteffiMariner, May 11, 2019, 8:36pm; Reply: 62
Clubs in the League 1 and League 2 operate within a Spending Constraint framework termed Salary Cost Management Protocol (SMCP). SCMP limits spending on player wages to a percentage of club Turnover. In League 1 clubs can spend a maximum of 60% of their turnover on wages - in League 2, the limit is 55%.
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, May 11, 2019, 8:48pm; Reply: 63
Quoted from Meza

I'm not sure what the rules are Abdul19.

but maybe those in charge are only interested in whether the club has financial stability regardless of fan base.

Do Salford, AFC Fylde, etc have the finance to keep the club afloat, yep.  Should a club with a small fan base be allowed to pay high wages on players?  Well it is their money, but its a little unfair on the other clubs.  

This is the big issue. Fanbases just don't come into it at all anymore, I've always felt against anything that safeguards clubs to any position in the pyramid, but I'm feeling my opinion start to change when you now look at how many small clubs are being bought out and lifted up on the forest Green rovers template.

From a millionaires point of view established league fanbases comes with high expectations, larger old grounds are expensive to run or need replacing. It's much easier for them just buying small teams with small fanbases build them an IKEA ground that meets the league requirements and the only expenditure is players and staff.

And from the efls point of view they'll have less crowd issues, these owners would be happy to play Premier league u21 teams and go along with whatever changes the efl wants to do.

Match attending Fans are a nuisance and stand in the way of the elites international TV rights sellout vision of football and they'll happily let the soul of English football die.

Sorry I thought I'd type this with a solution in mind but I'm just feeling really bleak now 😂
Posted by: Maringer, May 11, 2019, 10:49pm; Reply: 64
Pfft. Talk about millionaire owners is old hat. The Singaporean chap who owns most of Salford is a billionaire. 9 zeros, baby!

One of his companies (or perhaps even the company of one of his flunkies) will sign a ridiculously generous sponsorship deal and, voila, they aren't breaking the rules. It will be small change for Lim.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 11, 2019, 10:59pm; Reply: 65
Quoted from Maringer
Pfft. Talk about millionaire owners is old hat. The Singaporean chap who owns most of Salford is a billionaire. 9 zeros, baby!

One of his companies (or perhaps even the company of one of his flunkies) will sign a ridiculously generous sponsorship deal and, voila, they aren't breaking the rules. It will be small change for Lim.

That's pretty much what FGR do isn't it? Ecotricity probably pay massively over the odds for shirt sponsorship.
Posted by: Maringer, May 11, 2019, 11:05pm; Reply: 66
Yep. Mansfield, too, to some degree, I expect.

'Financial Fair Play' is only as fair as the rules behind it allow. The League really don't care if a load of super wealthy people come in to take over clubs and fund them well beyond their relative size. In fact, they are probably happy with the situation. I don't doubt they take a cut one way or another.

FFP is just lip service to fairness, because that's the way it is designed to be.
Posted by: rancido, May 12, 2019, 11:58am; Reply: 67

I'm sure there are lots on here who wish we had one.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 12, 2019, 12:11pm; Reply: 68
FFP? Player signs for a club and gets to live in a property that’s “owned” by that club, a smart lease “pool” car and various other sponsorships and incentives that would certainly make their weekly basic go a lot further....... there’s ways and means to attract players and get around the rules.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, May 12, 2019, 1:21pm; Reply: 69
Quoted from rancido

I'm sure there are lots on here who wish we had one.

Including me its just the hype they get from the class of 92
Posted by: Gaffer58, May 12, 2019, 2:43pm; Reply: 70
Well with all the people on here knowing of various legal fiddles that get around FFP, just think how many someone who actually works in football know about. Good job the EFL have a good and proper test for prospective new owners, we wouldn't want anybody a bit sly owning a club would we?
Posted by: Ipswin, May 12, 2019, 6:02pm; Reply: 71
Quoted from Gaffer58
Well with all the people on here knowing of various legal fiddles that get around FFP, just think how many someone who actually works in football know about. Good job the EFL have a good and proper test for prospective new owners, we wouldn't want anybody a bit sly owning a club would we?

Absolutely not!

We don't want some multi billionaire Johnny foreigner (or worse some retired financially successful ex-premier league player) coming in, paying off Fenty, building a swish new stadium, giving Jolley an unlimited transfer budget and getting us into the Premiership in three seasons do we?

After all lots of people on here hate clubs with lots of money and detest Premiership football so presumably they wouldn't want to follow the club anymore
Posted by: golfer, May 12, 2019, 7:13pm; Reply: 72
A lot of people on here wouldn't care how we got into the Premiership as long as JSF wasn't in charge so that they wouldn't have to say thankyou.
Posted by: Cambs Mariner, May 12, 2019, 7:26pm; Reply: 73
Quoted from golfer
A lot of people on here wouldn't care how we got into the Premiership as long as JSF wasn't in charge so that they wouldn't have to say thankyou.

JSF will never get Grimsby into the Premier League. He hasn't got the money, the right people in the right places or the nous to get us there.
If he is still going to be around for the next few seasons, like a millstone around the club's future, then I would be happy with League 1.

Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 12, 2019, 7:37pm; Reply: 74
Quoted from Ipswin

Absolutely not!

We don't want some multi billionaire Johnny foreigner (or worse some retired financially successful ex-premier league player) coming in, paying off Fenty, building a swish new stadium, giving Jolley an unlimited transfer budget and getting us into the Premiership in three seasons do we?

After all lots of people on here hate clubs with lots of money and detest Premiership football so presumably they wouldn't want to follow the club anymore

Why would we want some to come in and put pay to what Town fans love most?.........,,,,moaning about how we are a “once great club” and how great we where in decades gone past.

I don’t like the “billionaires play thing” bit but it seems to be the growing trend.
Posted by: Ipswin, May 12, 2019, 7:48pm; Reply: 75
Quoted from golfer

It certainly appears to me that many people on here detest everything about the Premiership and the teams in it so surely we wouldn't want GTFC to get there,

Would we?

Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 4:56am