dapperz fun pub
May 12, 2019, 9:54am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,719
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from The Boys Paddock
Crucial to the club is Mr Woods, hope he can develop some players for us.  We will need them to offset what 'the clown' brings in.

Let’s hope he can but his record isn’t that good so far is it ? Why the negativity about MJ at least he’s giving youth a chance
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 24
golfer
May 12, 2019, 10:24am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,374
Gold Stars: 111
Quoted from arryarryarry

Long before the players I mentioned there were youngsters from this area going to Nottingham Forest. Duncan Mckenzie being probably the most well known.

I think some played for a local team called Notre Dame if my memory serves me right and other players went through that team to NF.

Dave Hill played for Notre Dame then signed for Spurs before serving time as electrician for Harry Carrs. No approach whatsoever from Town at the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 24
rancido
May 12, 2019, 12:23pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,447
Gold Stars: 91
Quoted from The Boys Paddock
Crucial to the club is Mr Woods, hope he can develop some players for us.  We will need them to offset what 'the clown' brings in.

I really think you should change your user name to The Boys Apillock.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 24
forza ivano
May 12, 2019, 2:20pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,136
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from KingstonMariner
It wasn't even the first time a Woods side has won a title. Anyone else there that night at Loftus Rd when we won whichever youth comp it was v QPR? The QPR lads were all bigger and more athletic and it looked like we were gonna get a pasting but the spirit came through in the second half.

There was a small midfielder called Josh Fuller playing for us I was sure was going to make it. Turned the game round in the second half. Made a couple of appearances for the first team. Think he ended up at Clee Town for a while.

Remember it well. Josh Fuller was superb that night. Still got the programme somewhere.think there was only one who made a career out of the game. Can anyone else remember the line up?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 24
supertown
May 12, 2019, 2:24pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,415
Gold Stars: 53
I don’t really know much about the youth set up but I’ve just seen a friends video of the under 9s signing on , it’s great . They do it a like the professionals signing on, with a stage and shirt and photos etc . Gotta be great for the kids  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Neil Woods

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.