This thread currently has 5,216 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
April 27, 2019, 12:24pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,998
Gold Stars: 193

Looks like Leyton Orient will officially be promoted back into league 2 today and Salford will have to go through the lottery of the play-offs...haha.  

Leyton Orient v Braintree Town.... National League.....12:30 (BT Sport 1 / BT Sport 4K UHD)

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
rancido
April 27, 2019, 12:31pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,534
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from promotion plaice

Looks like Leyton Orient will officially be promoted back into league 2 today and Salford will have to go through the lottery of the play-offs...haha.  

Leyton Orient v Braintree Town.... National League.....12:30 (BT Sport 1 / BT Sport 4K UHD)

Haven't they introduce a new play -off format this season for that league. I'm sure I read somewhere that the teams finishing 2nd and 3rd are automatically in the play-offs with the teams finishing 4th to 7th involved in play-offs to determine who is in the play-offs!!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 29
KingstonMariner
April 27, 2019, 12:45pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from rancido

Haven't they introduce a new play -off format this season for that league. I'm sure I read somewhere that the teams finishing 2nd and 3rd are automatically in the play-offs with the teams finishing 4th to 7th involved in play-offs to determine who is in the play-offs!!

Correct. 4th v 7th and 5th v 6th to determine who goes through to the play-off semis versus 2nd and 3rd.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 29
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
April 27, 2019, 12:48pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
While I did feel sorry for the Orient fans who were literally sold down the river after Hearn sold the club, the current situation there is much the same as Salford. Money talks, big bucks in the club these days from owners with fat wallets as we shall see next season. They will aim to do a Lincoln or even a Luton.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 29
rancido
April 27, 2019, 1:02pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,534
Gold Stars: 96
While I did feel sorry for the Orient fans who were literally sold down the river after Hearn sold the club, the current situation there is much the same as Salford. Money talks, big bucks in the club these days from owners with fat wallets as we shall see next season. They will aim to do a Lincoln or even a Luton.

Isn't that what we want for GTFC? I thought we wanted an owner who was prepared to pour money into the club and not want it back, like a football philanthropist.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 29
Rodley Mariner
April 27, 2019, 1:14pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Quoted from rancido

Isn't that what we want for GTFC? I thought we wanted an owner who was prepared to pour money into the club and not want it back, like a football philanthropist.

That's a complete misrepresentation of what people are saying. I want a club which lives within its means but is proactive in trying to increase those means by being progressive and innovative. I also don't want to see those 'means' being drained to pay a debt largely created by poor running of the club and ongoing failure.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 29
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
April 27, 2019, 1:18pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from rancido

No it isn't. Look at Crawley who were doing the same thing as Orient in our first season in the Conference. When the original owner died and the money dried up they had to restructure dramatically. As Rodley says, we don't want a Playstation team, we want a grown up solution that can adapt with the times and grow the club as a proper business.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 29
TownSNAFU5
April 27, 2019, 1:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,863
Gold Stars: 42
The new play-off is a better and fairer format as it rewards teams far more for finishing in higher league positions.  Also, there is more opportunity to finish in a play-off position.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 29
Bigdog
April 27, 2019, 2:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from rancido

Yes please. Someone who invests in the club by way of buying shares and not putting a noose around its neck with directors loans. If they've got 30 mill for a new stadium and a few mill to upgrade our training ground, not want it back and let us grow sustainably from there, that would be perfect.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 29
promotion plaice
April 27, 2019, 2:21pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,998
Gold Stars: 193

Leyton Orient promoted to League 2 as National League Champions.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 29
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Leyton Orient

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.