Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,977
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
The BBC stats:

Shots:   18 v 1

Shots on target:   10 v 0

Says it all really.  Even if I was not at the game.

The press clearly have it in for us!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 120 - 137
hampshiremariner
April 19, 2019, 5:20pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,056
Gold Stars: 35
From a distance and looking at the match stats, it looks as if they have given up totally now that they are 'safe'. One shot and that was not on the target. How on earth can you play for 90 plus minutes and not have more attempts to score? Did we actually get into their box? If I had travelled to this match to support the team I would want my money back. The players and the club should apologise and offer to refund those who travelled. It was an insult to the fans.

Very, very deflated and I take my hat off to those who have gone to games all this season and had to watch dross.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 121 - 137
chicaneuk
April 19, 2019, 5:20pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,486
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Starting with Michael Jolley.

No. For the love of god NO.

Of all the managers we've had since Hurst, Jolley has genuine potential. It's obvious that there are other issues in the club that constant rotation of managers is not going to cure. Lets at least keep a manager for more than a year and give him a chance to try and put together a squad that works. We're safe this season, promotion this season was always an ambitious pipe dream anyway.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 137
zorro_is_a_Mariner
April 19, 2019, 5:24pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +30 / -6
Approval: +1,369
Gold Stars: 4
get rid of fenty his gave us a shite budget since we've came up the league, took money away from the club last few years, same old excrement

Gtfc all the way
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 137
FishOutOfWater
April 19, 2019, 5:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from zorro_is_a_Mariner
get rid of fenty his gave us a shite budget since we've came up the league, took money away from the club last few years, same old excrement

And there’s me thinking that he’s providing us with a competitive budget  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 124 - 137
denni266
April 19, 2019, 5:34pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +696
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from chicaneuk

Of all the managers we've had since Hurst, Jolley has genuine potential. It's obvious that there are other issues in the club that constant rotation of managers is not going to cure. Lets at least keep a manager for more than a year and give him a chance to try and put together a squad that works. We're safe this season, promotion this season was always an ambitious pipe dream anyway.

Can you show me where the potential is pls. because i just dont see anything other than a coach with fine words, that along with many of us have got used or bored with..He persists with a system without the players that can play it.. His teams are toothless and dont know where the goal is. Plays players  out of position and expects the team to play well. .These are his players and it stops at him. We are so boring to watch half the fans stay down eating the pies rather than watch the re starts
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 137
monkeyboy
April 19, 2019, 5:45pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Its not the manager, its the budget. we all know where the budget comes from.

On paper Jolley made a good couple of signings in Whitehouse and Welsh, one injured and the other just injured a crim or just past it.
3 new mids and a reasonable replacement for Collins will see a huge improvement.

No good getting rid of Jolley, i do believe he is building something and will take time. pay peanuts and it will take a while to build any quality!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 137
KingstonMariner
April 19, 2019, 5:46pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Jolley going now would be just moving the deckchairs on the Titantic. Gives the captain the excuse he is doing something.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 137
GollyGTFC
April 19, 2019, 5:52pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,977
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from chicaneuk

Potential? Really?

We all want a manager to be given time, but we need a decent manager who does enough to deserve time. Jolley reign is turning into a total shambles.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 128 - 137
KingstonMariner
April 19, 2019, 5:55pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Jolley going now would be just moving the deckchairs on the Titantic. Gives the captain the excuse he is doing something.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 129 - 137
14 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Colchester United (A) Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.