This thread currently has 1,941 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Cod Cheeks
March 9, 2019, 5:12pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +374
On a bad day for Town, he was absolutely brilliant as JT's expert guest today. Old school comments, was just like sitting in the Findus with my dad!
Logged Offline
Private Message
FishOutOfWater
March 9, 2019, 5:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Yeah I like Clive and his no nonsense summarising

He calls it as he sees it and most of the time, even though he's clearly rooting for Town, he still gives fair & honest views of what is going on out on the field

Better than having someone wishy-washy sitting on a fence!
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 7
TAGG
March 9, 2019, 6:01pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,962
Gold Stars: 124
If he had been the manger today no one would have got out of the dressing room alive.
Clive was the only good thing about the game today 👍🏻

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
promotion plaice
March 9, 2019, 6:16pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

Wiggington was also surprised how little MJ was animated on the bench during such a lacklustre performance !!!

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
Roast Em Bobby
March 9, 2019, 6:24pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,722
Gold Stars: 44
I watched the game on ifollow and I thought CW was completely over the top in his negativity, if he thought that was bad it’s a good job he didn’t see FGR away. Don’t get me wrong, we were shite but we have played a lot worse in other games I’ve seen.

One thing I’ve noticed when watching on ifollow is that the commentary fails to tell the listeners so much.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
sonofmadeleymariner
March 9, 2019, 6:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby
I watched the game on ifollow and I thought CW was completely over the top in his negativity, if he thought that was bad it’s a good job he didn’t see FGR away. Don’t get me wrong, we were shite but we have played a lot worse in other games I’ve seen.

One thing I’ve noticed when watching on ifollow is that the commentary fails to tell the listeners so much.

I did the same and I think he was very much spot on and not over the top at all. We were awful outside of the first 5 minutes till we scored and the final 5 minutes when Crawley were happy to give us the pitch and see out a 1 goal lead

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
thevera
March 9, 2019, 9:38pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +10 / -5
Approval: +991
Gold Stars: 5
I felt JT’s awkwardness when he referred to their player who went down with an head injury late in the game as ‘the one with the girlie headband on ’ or something very similar!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
arryarryarry
March 10, 2019, 1:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby

I was there and thought for the majority of the game we were dreadful and as I have had said elsewhere we were lucky not to suffer a heavier defeat.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Clive Wiggington

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.