Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hate to say it..
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 371 Guests

Hate to say it..

This thread currently has 9,548 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
February 25, 2019, 1:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
I think Lincoln have had their blip now unfortunately...4 draws recently and just scraping through in some of them...back to winning ways on Saturday so really cant see them falling out of the top 3 now.......agree with the original sentiment, let them beat our rivals and allow us to extend our season through to the play offs or at least give us a few more games of hope of reaching them.
We still have a few teams above us to play so hope of reeling some of them in as well.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 44
diehardmariner
February 25, 2019, 3:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,607
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from jimgtfc
I sometimes wonder if I’m the only Town fan left that genuinely doesn’t give a shite about Lincoln 🤔

You're not alone.

I suppose it's a reflection of how far we've fallen.  I grew up watching Town in the very early 90's, so it was Barnsley who were our rivals.  Then after Buckley left for West Brom they became our rival for a fair few years, then it became Sheffield Wednesday and their massive chip on the shoulder.

Until the double relegations between 2002 and 2004, both Lincoln and Scunny were non-entities in my mind.  In fact I wanted them to do well as local sides, we often loaned players out to them or lads who didn't quite make the grade with us got a second chance with them.  We switched leagues with Hull in 2004 so missed out on any rivalry with them and even in that first season in League Two, I saw Scunny as more a rival than Lincoln.  The next season both Town and Lincoln were promotion chasing and met in the play-offs so it brought us together over that but other than it being our most local game, it wasn't anything more than that.  Since then, which was 13 years ago, we've not really competed with them.  We languished for a few years before relegation, they didn't.  In the Conference we were pushing for promotion, they weren't.  

It's a rivalry of convenience in the absence of any real rivals.   As the side most local to us over a consistent basis for the last 15 years, there's bound to be something emerging.  
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 44
Theimperialcoroner
February 25, 2019, 4:38pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,203
Gold Stars: 102
Top three look set. Play offs much tighter. We need to bridge a five point gap to that bunch to be right in the mix. I think we could be 2 closer to it after Saturday.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 44
supertown
February 25, 2019, 5:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,441
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from jimgtfc
I sometimes wonder if I’m the only Town fan left that genuinely doesn’t give a shite about Lincoln 🤔

I don’t , it was always hull for me and I still love it when they lose
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 44
CodHead
February 25, 2019, 5:36pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +169
Quoted from Mariner Timsky
Up The Imps  

That's way too far
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 44
Rick12
February 25, 2019, 5:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
I like to see Lincoln promoted.There a local club and its nice to see local clubs do well.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 44
promotion plaice
February 25, 2019, 6:10pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from Rick12
I like to see Lincoln promoted.There a local club and its nice to see local clubs do well.

I doubt many Lincoln fans would think the same about us if it was us in their position.....I'm still hoping they miss out on promotion but it's looking unlikely now.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 44
Rick12
February 25, 2019, 6:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from promotion plaice

I doubt many Lincoln fans would think the same about us if it was us in their position.....I'm still hoping they miss out on promotion but it's looking unlikely now.

I can see the Cowleys moving on within the next 2 years if they continue to do well.I know Danny Cowley gave up his secure job of  a pe teacher to go into management. Personally if I was in his shoes I would have stayed a teacher rather  than enter the uncertainty of football management.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 44
Rik e B
February 25, 2019, 6:41pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +20 / -3
Approval: +3,916
Really? I guess you definitely would have stayed an investment banker then.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 44
crusty ole pie
February 25, 2019, 6:56pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,325
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from Rick12
I can see the Cowleys moving on within the next 2 years if they continue to do well.I know Danny Cowley gave up his secure job of  a pe teacher to go into management. Personally if I was in his shoes I would have stayed a teacher rather  than enter the uncertainty of football management.

Why thay have gone  into one of the only careers that pay failures handsomely, and given their success over the last few years there is going to be stream of suitors wanting to employ them, and they have got their teaching experience to call on should they ever find they need a career change
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 44
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hate to say it..

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.