January 29, 2019, 11:41am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -322
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from mimma
Just under 1000 wimps travelled.
. The way they big their support up I would have thought that they would have taken a lot more than that.

We sold just under a 1000, but it was pay on the gate, so I think there were probably more. But I imagine late change to KO time, poor weather, just after Xmas, on TV were some of the reasons. We are taking 4,300 to County on Saturday, I hope we put another nail in their coffin. They have flirted with it , lets see how they cope in the hellhole of the NL.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 32
RoboCod
January 29, 2019, 11:44am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
But no dogshit near the ground?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 32
1mickylyons
January 29, 2019, 11:45am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,383
Gold Stars: 56

We sold just under a 1000, but it was pay on the gate, so I think there were probably more. But I imagine late change to KO time, poor weather, just after Xmas, on TV were some of the reasons. We are taking 4,300 to County on Saturday, I hope we put another nail in their coffin. They have flirted with it , lets see how they cope in the hellhole of the NL.

They all looked like silly teenage girls in your end on the tv
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 32
nealeardleyscrossing
January 29, 2019, 11:47am
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from 1mickylyons

They all looked like silly teenage girls in your end on the tv

There was probably a few of them in there, quite a diverse supporter group now Mickey!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 32
nealeardleyscrossing
January 29, 2019, 11:49am
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from RoboCod
But no dogshit near the ground?

Been to Bury 4/5 times, never overly noticed too much dogshit. It's not a great place though, makes Lincoln look like LA.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 32
mariner91
January 29, 2019, 11:50am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,637
Gold Stars: 261
Regardless of our dislike for Lincoln, that is really scummy of the Bury idiots. I don't understand anyone wanting to fight someone because of the football team they support but if you're going to, then do it away from the ground with like-minded knuckle draggers and not near families with kids and regular, law-abiding supporters. Thankfully it doesn't seem like anyone was seriously hurt and I hope it doesn't put off any of the kids from watching their local team.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 32
Ipswin
January 29, 2019, 12:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
This is the problem for little clubs like Lincoln when they suddenly find themselves in 'big' games with higher attendances and dyed-in-the-wool knuckle dragging nutters posing as real, as opposed to plastic, supporters (like theirs) representing the opposition.

Something we Mariners have experienced for many years, if they find themselves in Div 1 or God forbid even higher Lincoln will learn that this sort of excrement happens

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 32
Son of Cod
January 29, 2019, 12:43pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from 1mickylyons

During the game it was alledged Imps fan`s were constantly goading the home supporters next to them .None of that is different to what goes on at every other game at every other ground. Nobody was arrested and no injuries reported from what I can see so pretty doubtful it was anything out the norm at a game unless you only started watching football in 2016?

Yep, none of that is out of the norm.

However, it's been confirmed by Bury fans as well that a reasonably large group of Bury fans went round to the away exit to intercept the Lincoln fans as they left the stadium. That certainly isn't cool. There might not have been any injuries or arrests but it's clear that what did happen was a significant amount of intimidation. Nobody deserves that when you're just trying to exit the ground. It's got nothing to do with how long you've been attending games.

Quoted from RoboCod
Any fans leaving early for this ambush would have missed the 86th minute equaliser too. Doesn't sound like Bury-like ,unless they've suddenly developed some Ultra's

Apparently they left at about the 90 minute mark, so they didn't miss the equaliser. Would have missed an injury time winner had it happened though, which tells you all you need to know really.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 32
Theimperialcoroner
January 29, 2019, 1:03pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,192
Gold Stars: 102
Sounds strangely similar to when Lincoln dickheads had a go at families and scarfers on South Park a couple of years ago.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 32
psgmariner
January 29, 2019, 1:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Sounds strangely similar to when Lincoln dickheads had a go at families and scarfers on South Park a couple of years ago.

Must've missed that episode.

Private Message
Reply: 19 - 32
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The terror of being a Lincoln fan

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.