January 11, 2019, 7:50pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,344
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from mariner83

1 year according to BBC

[url=https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44304428]https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44304428[/url]

OS at start of the season defo had Whitmore as 1 year deal with 1 year option in our favour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 62
BottesfordMariner
January 11, 2019, 9:00pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
Gold Stars: 9
This has been universally received as a good signing by Town I think.

I like Hendrie. He's not flash but a very consistent solid performer. His versatility to cover across the back 4 is a big plus as well. He's another player who's got better and better throughout the season.

His performances have shown he is quite capable of playing above this league. I feared a L1 team would come and snatch him off us.

2 and a half year deal is good too. More forward thinking by the club. He's obviously enjoying his time at BP and I think this shows a real togetherness that is developing with the team. Embleton was happy to extend his time here as well (albeit to the end of the season).

To think barely 2 months ago there was murmurings that Jolley's position was under threat.

I think its been a good transfer window already. Keeping Embleton for now, signing up Hendrie on a long term deal, extending Cardwell's contract and signing the 2 Swedish defenders. Squad shows some real depth.

I hope we are not done just yet. Would love to see someone who can put the ball in the back of the net to take the weight off Thomas. The 'rumour' about the Finnish striker is intriguing.

And we  perhaps lack a wide man with a bit of pace.

2 more signings like these could really make for an exciting 2nd half to the season. Dont think I have felt more positive about the team since the promotion season.

20 games to go and 9 pts off the play offs.............................
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 62
acko338
January 11, 2019, 9:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,225
Gold Stars: 33
Really positive January thus far !

Hopefully no more injuries or red cards with some tough matches coming up.

If 2 more gems can slip in during the window, then every chance of further progress moving higher up the league.

Play offs perhaps slightly too much to hope for, but let the manager keep going and taking the fans in his wake.

Ship steadied, now for full speed ahead !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 62
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Luke Hendrie

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.