Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › MJ post match.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 108 Guests

MJ post match.

This thread currently has 3,368 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
January 1, 2019, 8:37pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,107
Gold Stars: 548
Rightly praising the effort of the players. Cagey on possible signings.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p06wyb6h
Logged Offline
Private Message
Mikey_345
January 1, 2019, 8:48pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,353
Gold Stars: 100
Quoted from ginnywings

Always is, to be fair as are most managers.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
lew chaterleys lover
January 1, 2019, 8:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from ginnywings
Rightly praising the effort of the players. Cagey on possible signings.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p06wyb6h

I heard him on the way home in the car - I thought he was a little irritated with budget constraints?
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
Mikey_345
January 1, 2019, 8:54pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,353
Gold Stars: 100

I heard him on the way home in the car - I thought he was a little irritated with budget constraints?

Probably feeling the pinch from the last two seasons where the managers have been able to go out and bring a excrement ton of players in.

Still think with this as a basis there would be enough for 3/4 to complement our squad. We dont need much, just some astute accusations/loans.

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
jamesgtfc
January 1, 2019, 8:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,955
Gold Stars: 190

I don't think he was irritated. I think he's just stating the obvious to dampen any unrealistic expectations some may have on the number of players we sign this month.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
lew chaterleys lover
January 1, 2019, 9:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,716
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Mikey_345

Probably feeling the pinch from the last two seasons where the managers have been able to go out and bring a excrement ton of players in.

Still think with this as a basis there would be enough for 3/4 to complement our squad. We dont need much, just some astute accusations/loans.

I hope you are right. Every manager would like a bit more to spend but I would be disappointed if first choice targets can't be tempted due to over zealous money restrictions.

All this is relative of course - decent league 2 players should not be out of our reach and I am sure Jolley is not making unreasonable demands.  
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
Cloudy
January 1, 2019, 9:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Think MJ is well aware of his budget, and were it sits in comparison to others.
Robles and Dixon have gone and maybe Fox and Hooper will follow but they will have cost something to payoff.
Ring and maybe a couple of others in is as much as I expect but obviously hope we can come to an agreement to keep Embleton for the rest of the season and Hendrie for the next 18 months as a minimum.

Like his comments that any signing must fit in with ‘our ethos’ which I assume relates to young athletic players, with the right attitude who we can develop
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
grimsby pete
January 1, 2019, 9:35pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Cloudy
Robles and Dixon have gone and maybe Fox and Hooper will follow but they will have cost something to payoff.
Ring and maybe a couple of others in is as much as I expect but obviously hope we can come to an agreement to keep Embleton for the rest of the season and Hendrie for the next 18 months as a minimum.

Like his comments that any signing must fit in with ‘our ethos’ which I assume relates to young athletic players, with the right attitude who we can develop

AND

Will move and live in the area.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
Cloudy
January 1, 2019, 9:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from grimsby pete

AND

Will move and live in the area.

The majority still don’t. Not something he has been able to implement
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
jamesgtfc
January 1, 2019, 9:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,955
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Cloudy

Every team needs experience. The ethos is athletic, hard working players. There appear to be no egos in the squad - which probably refers to the comment at the AGM that the manager (MJ) wanted Dembele gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › MJ post match.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.