Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: ginnywings, January 1, 2019, 8:37pm
Rightly praising the effort of the players. Cagey on possible signings.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p06wyb6h
Posted by: Mikey_345, January 1, 2019, 8:48pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from ginnywings

Always is, to be fair as are most managers.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, January 1, 2019, 8:51pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from ginnywings
Rightly praising the effort of the players. Cagey on possible signings.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p06wyb6h

I heard him on the way home in the car - I thought he was a little irritated with budget constraints?
Posted by: Mikey_345, January 1, 2019, 8:54pm; Reply: 3

I heard him on the way home in the car - I thought he was a little irritated with budget constraints?

Probably feeling the pinch from the last two seasons where the managers have been able to go out and bring a excrement ton of players in.

Still think with this as a basis there would be enough for 3/4 to complement our squad. We dont need much, just some astute accusations/loans.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 1, 2019, 8:58pm; Reply: 4

I don't think he was irritated. I think he's just stating the obvious to dampen any unrealistic expectations some may have on the number of players we sign this month.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, January 1, 2019, 9:06pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Mikey_345

Probably feeling the pinch from the last two seasons where the managers have been able to go out and bring a excrement ton of players in.

Still think with this as a basis there would be enough for 3/4 to complement our squad. We dont need much, just some astute accusations/loans.

I hope you are right. Every manager would like a bit more to spend but I would be disappointed if first choice targets can't be tempted due to over zealous money restrictions.

All this is relative of course - decent league 2 players should not be out of our reach and I am sure Jolley is not making unreasonable demands.  
Posted by: Cloudy, January 1, 2019, 9:29pm; Reply: 6
Think MJ is well aware of his budget, and were it sits in comparison to others.
Robles and Dixon have gone and maybe Fox and Hooper will follow but they will have cost something to payoff.
Ring and maybe a couple of others in is as much as I expect but obviously hope we can come to an agreement to keep Embleton for the rest of the season and Hendrie for the next 18 months as a minimum.

Like his comments that any signing must fit in with ‘our ethos’ which I assume relates to young athletic players, with the right attitude who we can develop
Posted by: grimsby pete, January 1, 2019, 9:35pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Cloudy
Robles and Dixon have gone and maybe Fox and Hooper will follow but they will have cost something to payoff.
Ring and maybe a couple of others in is as much as I expect but obviously hope we can come to an agreement to keep Embleton for the rest of the season and Hendrie for the next 18 months as a minimum.

Like his comments that any signing must fit in with ‘our ethos’ which I assume relates to young athletic players, with the right attitude who we can develop

AND

Will move and live in the area.
Posted by: Cloudy, January 1, 2019, 9:42pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from grimsby pete

AND

Will move and live in the area.

The majority still don’t. Not something he has been able to implement
Posted by: jamesgtfc, January 1, 2019, 9:44pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Cloudy

Every team needs experience. The ethos is athletic, hard working players. There appear to be no egos in the squad - which probably refers to the comment at the AGM that the manager (MJ) wanted Dembele gone.
Posted by: davmariner, January 1, 2019, 10:07pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Cloudy

The majority still don’t. Not something he has been able to implement

If that’s the case then fair enough. Given the little security that footballers at this level have, I’m not sure you can really blame them for not wanting to uproot their family for the sake of a 1-2 year deal.
Posted by: VinnyGTFC, January 1, 2019, 10:39pm; Reply: 11
Realistically this season will be an encouraging mid ish table one so it's important whover MJ brings in will be able to fit into his expectations for next season when he'll look to push on. It will be nice to go into the end of season break without needed 10 new players again.
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 11:45am