Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Reserves playing away today v Notts County.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 196 Guests

Reserves playing away today v Notts County.

This thread currently has 3,473 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
diehardmariner
December 5, 2018, 8:04am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,612
Gold Stars: 538
Bit odd with Hooper.  

He was firmly a Jolley favourite until Cambridge away when he wasn't strong enough and cost us a goal.  Don't even think he's had a place on the bench since then.

Never really a fan of his but it seems very definitive from Jolley after one performance, when he seemed such a fan previously.

Best all round if he does go in January, Robles too I'm afraid to say.  Wonder if the likes of Cook and Welsh will be in the same boat.  Can't imagine either would have come here to warm the bench.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 14
marinerdazza
December 5, 2018, 9:19am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,856
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from diehardmariner
Bit odd with Hooper.  

He was firmly a Jolley favourite until Cambridge away when he wasn't strong enough and cost us a goal.  Don't even think he's had a place on the bench since then.

Never really a fan of his but it seems very definitive from Jolley after one performance, when he seemed such a fan previously.

Best all round if he does go in January, Robles too I'm afraid to say.  Wonder if the likes of Cook and Welsh will be in the same boat.  Can't imagine either would have come here to warm the bench.

I think it had more to do with Pringle getting fit and hitting form. There's nowhere for him to play now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 14
hheh2
December 5, 2018, 9:53am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
I like Cook he plays with a lot of effort he could be the right footed version of Pringle played out wider

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 14
Jarmo.Is.God
December 5, 2018, 9:53am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Whilst it would be a shame to see Hooper go, I just don't think he is good enough
I've never heard anything bad about him, never any rumours about him being disruptive or sulking, and genuinely gives 100% every game

Robles obviously isn't good enough, he hasn't been making the bench, so can't be doing himself any favours in training

Welsh needs to stay IMO! Great pro, great attitude, and also still a great player.
Only problem is, our midfielders that stepped in when he was injured are also doing a good job.
But he is a fantastic leader to have at the club, especially with Embleton (19) Clifton (20) Rose (24) Hess (24)  all being young, he is someone who will help them all in the remainder of the season!

Cook will stay, he's MJ type of player, he runs a lot, pressures the defence at every opportunity, and doesn't give any opponent time on the ball, and that's something MJ likes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 14
golfer
December 5, 2018, 3:49pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,428
Gold Stars: 116
Don't really agree with you about Welsh -think he is past his sell by date I'm sorry to say. Too slow for a full 90 mins and I don't think we can afford the luxury of just playing him for the last 10 mins.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 14
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Reserves playing away today v Notts County.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.