Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Grimal, December 4, 2018, 1:29pm
Away game today, Reserves v Notts county at Ilkeston Town's New Manor Ground . 7 of our first team players to start..  2pm  KO.
Town: Battersby, Starbuck, Saunders, Welsh, Pollock, Whitmore, Wright, Rose - M, Cardwell, Cook, Rose - A.

Subs: Buckley, Powles, Richardson, Burrell, Curran.
Posted by: arryarryarry, December 4, 2018, 2:03pm; Reply: 1
No Hooper, is he injured or way out of favour?
Posted by: Mariner16, December 4, 2018, 3:40pm; Reply: 2
2 down at half time but came back to draw
Posted by: ginnywings, December 4, 2018, 4:01pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from arryarryarry

I've heard he is on his way to Chesterfield in Jan. Don't know how true that is, but the info came from the same guy who told me Bignot was getting the boot and Slade coming back. This was on the Friday before the Blackpool game, and we all thought he was full of shoite.
Posted by: Chrisblor, December 4, 2018, 4:18pm; Reply: 4
Well apparently it finished 2-2. God knows who scored for us cos our twitter account has gone silent this afternoon.

[tweet]1069973458455588865[/tweet]
Posted by: Youngy, December 4, 2018, 4:43pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Chrisblor
Well apparently it finished 2-2. God knows who scored for us cos our twitter account has gone silent this afternoon.

[tweet]1069973458455588865[/tweet]

Rose (pen) and Cardwell apparently
Posted by: golfer, December 4, 2018, 4:59pm; Reply: 6
Hope Hooper isn't going-never had a bad game and firmly the fans favorite  
Posted by: psgmariner, December 4, 2018, 5:20pm; Reply: 7
Heard Hooper and Robles have been asked to find new clubs in January. Would be pleased for all concerned if they did.
Posted by: forza ivano, December 4, 2018, 5:29pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from psgmariner
Heard Hooper and Robles have been asked to find new clubs in January. Would be pleased for all concerned if they did.

https://www.clubhousegolf.co.uk/acatalog/Golf_Clubs_Sale.html

will this help?

somebody mentioned solihull and hooper being linked. as for robles i suspect even Grimsby Borough would turn their nose up
Posted by: Youngy, December 4, 2018, 6:14pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from arryarryarry

Even more telling that Brandon Buckley was preferred on the bench on Sunday over him and Robles...
Posted by: diehardmariner, December 5, 2018, 8:04am; Reply: 10
Bit odd with Hooper.  

He was firmly a Jolley favourite until Cambridge away when he wasn't strong enough and cost us a goal.  Don't even think he's had a place on the bench since then.

Never really a fan of his but it seems very definitive from Jolley after one performance, when he seemed such a fan previously.

Best all round if he does go in January, Robles too I'm afraid to say.  Wonder if the likes of Cook and Welsh will be in the same boat.  Can't imagine either would have come here to warm the bench.
Posted by: marinerdazza, December 5, 2018, 9:19am; Reply: 11
Quoted from diehardmariner
Bit odd with Hooper.  

He was firmly a Jolley favourite until Cambridge away when he wasn't strong enough and cost us a goal.  Don't even think he's had a place on the bench since then.

Never really a fan of his but it seems very definitive from Jolley after one performance, when he seemed such a fan previously.

Best all round if he does go in January, Robles too I'm afraid to say.  Wonder if the likes of Cook and Welsh will be in the same boat.  Can't imagine either would have come here to warm the bench.

I think it had more to do with Pringle getting fit and hitting form. There's nowhere for him to play now.
Posted by: hheh2, December 5, 2018, 9:53am; Reply: 12
I like Cook he plays with a lot of effort he could be the right footed version of Pringle played out wider
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, December 5, 2018, 9:53am; Reply: 13
Whilst it would be a shame to see Hooper go, I just don't think he is good enough
I've never heard anything bad about him, never any rumours about him being disruptive or sulking, and genuinely gives 100% every game

Robles obviously isn't good enough, he hasn't been making the bench, so can't be doing himself any favours in training

Welsh needs to stay IMO! Great pro, great attitude, and also still a great player.
Only problem is, our midfielders that stepped in when he was injured are also doing a good job.
But he is a fantastic leader to have at the club, especially with Embleton (19) Clifton (20) Rose (24) Hess (24)  all being young, he is someone who will help them all in the remainder of the season!

Cook will stay, he's MJ type of player, he runs a lot, pressures the defence at every opportunity, and doesn't give any opponent time on the ball, and that's something MJ likes
Posted by: golfer, December 5, 2018, 3:49pm; Reply: 14
Don't really agree with you about Welsh -think he is past his sell by date I'm sorry to say. Too slow for a full 90 mins and I don't think we can afford the luxury of just playing him for the last 10 mins.
Print page generated: April 24, 2024, 11:56am