Tommy
November 19, 2018, 3:28pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from fishboyUTM

We've had some shockers over the last few years. I've watched Town regularly since about 1987. I genuinely cannot remember a worse player than Paul Dixon. He was shocking and looked several leagues out of his depth. He got turned inside out, beaten for pace over short and medium distances, always blowing out of his bottom, couldn't pass the ball ten yards and fell over a lot.

I am delighted to see him gone, only bad side is he will have been paid off. He doesn't deserve a penny. How he's played at a higher level, and somehow played in the championship is beyond my understanding. Just 31 years old as well. He's definitely earned a starting place in my worst ever Grimsby eleven beating Menno Willems by some distance for the number 3 jersey.

Willems was a central midfielder.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 67
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 19, 2018, 3:30pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
He had some quite serious injury problems in 2015/16 at Huddersfield which was why he was available on trial. I would guess that these affected his performances. No point in bad-mouthing the bloke for trying to patch up his career at his age.  Maybe he should have been more honest with himself and the club and left in the summer, he might have picked up a club in Scotland and Town would have had a space for a LB but it’s history now.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 67
moosey_club
November 19, 2018, 3:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Cloudy

Andrew Fox!

n

Not unless Fox has had extensive skin whitening treatment and changed his name in the meantime...definitely not. I may have dreamt it but i am sure there was a slightly built left sided player on trial at the same time...he may have been a winger now i think of it.  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 67
Cloudy
November 19, 2018, 3:56pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from moosey_club

Not unless Fox has had extensive skin whitening treatment and changed his name in the meantime...definitely not. I may have dreamt it but i am sure there was a slightly built left sided player on trial at the same time...he may have been a winger now i think of it.  

Fox was on trial that summer but Slade went for Dixon instead. There was a young lad from down south (possibly ex Palace Jason Akiotu.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 67
wiggers
November 19, 2018, 3:56pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 11
Maybe not the best but don’t feel he needs the slating he is getting on here. I would like to say thanks for the effort and all the best for the future.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 67
Cloudy
November 19, 2018, 4:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Wonder if that left back we had in the summer (played at Clee Town) from Burnley will be coming back?? Ali Koili?
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 67
scott_gtfc_89
November 19, 2018, 4:02pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Approval: +398
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from fishboyUTM

I've tried Hagrid, but I cannot remember anyone worse. All about opinion of course. Can you name maybe half a dozen worse? I'd be interested.

Peter Beagrie isn’t far off it not worse,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 67
Paris Mariner
November 19, 2018, 4:35pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
He had an absolute blinder at Cheltenham last season to be fair!

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 27 - 67
marinerdazza
November 19, 2018, 5:02pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,856
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from fishboyUTM

We've had some shockers over the last few years. I've watched Town regularly since about 1987. I genuinely cannot remember a worse player than Paul Dixon.

Des Hamilton
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 67
denni266
November 19, 2018, 5:06pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +703
Gold Stars: 132
Wish him well... He pulled on a town shirt , just did not work out for him or us , At least he can spend xmas with his family where he should be
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 67
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dixon gone

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.