7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Maringer
November 19, 2018, 1:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
An honest enough pro, who clearly hasn't played to the standard he must have been able to in the past.

I think we're all happy enough to see him leave and he'll perhaps do better when he's back at a club up in Scotland, with his family.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 67
jimgtfc
November 19, 2018, 1:24pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,009
Gold Stars: 40
I think we may see his name on here in a few years time on some sort of ‘worst 11’ thread. But in all fairness we were desperate for a left back at the start of last season and he came in and looked alright on trial, but once he started facing half decent wingers he was found out. But it wasn’t just when we didn’t have the ball that he wasn’t up to scratch, I’ve never seen a full back give away possession so much, even simple 10 yard passes inside.

That said, I wish him well. Maybe he’ll get himself sorted back north of the border.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 67
FishOutOfWater
November 19, 2018, 2:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Funny but at Chesterfield in that opening game last season I thought we'd maybe got a good replacement in for Danny Andrew....nothing like how it panned out
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 12 - 67
fishboyUTM
November 19, 2018, 2:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,046
Quoted from arryarryarry

I wouldn't necessarily say he was one of the worst, I have seen some dross over the years especially some that Woods signed, but as a full back he was crap.

We've had some shockers over the last few years. I've watched Town regularly since about 1987. I genuinely cannot remember a worse player than Paul Dixon. He was shocking and looked several leagues out of his depth. He got turned inside out, beaten for pace over short and medium distances, always blowing out of his bottom, couldn't pass the ball ten yards and fell over a lot.

I am delighted to see him gone, only bad side is he will have been paid off. He doesn't deserve a penny. How he's played at a higher level, and somehow played in the championship is beyond my understanding. Just 31 years old as well. He's definitely earned a starting place in my worst ever Grimsby eleven beating Menno Willems by some distance for the number 3 jersey.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 67
Hagrid
November 19, 2018, 2:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,987
Gold Stars: 508
Quoted from fishboyUTM

We've had some shockers over the last few years. I've watched Town regularly since about 1987. I genuinely cannot remember a worse player than Paul Dixon. He was shocking and looked several leagues out of his depth. He got turned inside out, beaten for pace over short and medium distances, always blowing out of his bottom, couldn't pass the ball ten yards and fell over a lot.

I am delighted to see him gone, only bad side is he will have been paid off. He doesn't deserve a penny. How he's played at a higher level, and somehow played in the championship is beyond my understanding. Just 31 years old as well. He's definitely earned a starting place in my worst ever Grimsby eleven beating Menno Willems by some distance for the number 3 jersey.

thats one of the silliest statements on the fishy i've ever seen, i can name 20 30 worse than him
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 67
fishboyUTM
November 19, 2018, 2:29pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,046
Quoted from Hagrid

thats one of the silliest statements on the fishy i've ever seen, i can name 20 30 worse than him

I've tried Hagrid, but I cannot remember anyone worse. All about opinion of course. Can you name maybe half a dozen worse? I'd be interested.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 67
forza ivano
November 19, 2018, 2:32pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +73 / -18
Approval: +15,140
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from monkeyboy
Good luck to him. Won't be remembered in years to come.

i think he will be!

there may have been many worse players than him over the last few years, but for someone to be that shiite with the pedigree he had, takes some doing
if there is such a category for an all time 'good pedigree but absolutely shocking' XI then he will be the first name on the team sheet
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 67
Les Brechin
November 19, 2018, 2:33pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,645
Gold Stars: 168
Rumoured to be signing for Brechin City.  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 67
Cloudy
November 19, 2018, 3:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Les Brechin
Rumoured to be signing for Brechin City.  

You or Dixon?
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 67
fiveallive
November 19, 2018, 3:25pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
This should of happened in pre season to be honest we have left ourselves short hopefully Fox is back fit for most of the season now.

We had issues with FB's over the last few years, Hatton, Thomas and now Dixon all can't or family can't settle here. Along with the 20 goals a season man Butler.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 67
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dixon gone

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.