rancido
November 10, 2018, 1:05pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Nothing missing ability wise but appeared to struggle on the attitude and commitment part of the game.

This is the problem with a very large number of potential " stars" that come through Youth Team Programmes.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 33
Maringer
November 10, 2018, 1:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,506
Gold Stars: 185
I always thought that he lacked confidence. Never seemed to think he could do it so rarely ran at the opposition players despite his pace, decent ball control and finishing ability. As Buckley said, he could have gone places, but it seems he just didn't have the right head on to do so.

A wasted talent, one of many we've seen over the years (not just those who graduated from our youth set up).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 33
KingstonMariner
November 10, 2018, 1:31pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Maringer
I always thought that he lacked confidence. Never seemed to think he could do it so rarely ran at the opposition players despite his pace, decent ball control and finishing ability. As Buckley said, he could have gone places, but it seems he just didn't have the right head on to do so.

A wasted talent, one of many we've seen over the years (not just those who graduated from our youth set up).

Aye. Was a shame. The lad looked awesome at times.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 33
fiveallive
November 10, 2018, 2:44pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
Peter was excellent under Graham Rodger his best spell was Rodger spell in charge he seemed to score goals I personally felt he had potential to play at Championship level.

Peter Bore is around my age I remember being at college and been told by college tutors not everyone can be the next Peter Bore this back in 2006.

He only seemed to play under Rodger and Woods who both knew him since he was a kid.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 33
moosey_club
November 10, 2018, 3:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
The game at Morecambe when he played up front with Jones he looked a natural...scored a couple that day I think.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 33
Tommy
November 10, 2018, 6:37pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
His most consistent spell by far was as a right-back under Woodsy. Was a 7/10 or 8/10 every week in a season where we clearly struggled as a team.

When he played as a right-winger or striker he was a 5/10 or 6/10 most weeks but had a few 9/10's up his sleeve.

G.Rodger only lasted a couple of months so don't agree with whoever said Bore played his best stuff under him.

Agree with Maringer that despite the perception some people used to have of him because of his laid-back personality, I think he lacked confidence or self-belief most of the time.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 33
Mariner_501
November 10, 2018, 8:09pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +227
Gold Stars: 27
Should have played at championship level. What a shame
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 33
fiveallive
November 11, 2018, 2:15pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Tommy
His most consistent spell by far was as a right-back under Woodsy. Was a 7/10 or 8/10 every week in a season where we clearly struggled as a team.

When he played as a right-winger or striker he was a 5/10 or 6/10 most weeks but had a few 9/10's up his sleeve.

G.Rodger only lasted a couple of months so don't agree with whoever said Bore played his best stuff under him.

Agree with Maringer that despite the perception some people used to have of him because of his laid-back personality, I think he lacked confidence or self-belief most of the time.

Bore scored 8 goals 2006/07 season and 5 of them was before Buckley took over on in November 2006, Buckley then dropped him lack work ethic if I remember.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 33
Abdul19
November 11, 2018, 2:53pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,560
Gold Stars: 216
Agree with Tommy and Maringer. To be fair to Woods (and Chris Casper?), during that 107 game run without winning the defence wasn't bad, and he was decent. He seemed to benefit from having the game in front of him, rather than receiving the ball with his back to goal, where he didn't seem to really know what he was doing.

IIRC he turned down a contract and went on trial at Bournemouth, where he did alright but not enough to be signed. I was surprised to see him then turn up somewhere in the conference North (Harrogate?)

What could've been etc. Pleased to see him doing well for himself outside of the game though.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 33
arryarryarry
November 11, 2018, 10:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
Can't remember where he went but didn't he go out on loan and was sent back early because of his attitude?
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Peter Bore

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.