Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), November 9, 2018, 12:18pm
There's a photo of him doing the rounds on twitter. It's apparently now PC Peter Bore...

Quite admire him for sorting a career after football.
Posted by: Rick12, November 9, 2018, 12:33pm; Reply: 1
Good on him for joining the police.Must be more of  a stable job than the emotional roller coaster that is being a lower league professional footballer

Always thought he was quite able as a footballer though
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, November 9, 2018, 1:39pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Rick12
Good on him for joining the police.Must be more of  a stable job than the emotional roller coaster that is being a lower league professional footballer

Nothing missing ability wise but appeared to struggle on the attitude and commitment part of the game.
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, November 9, 2018, 2:29pm; Reply: 3
Old News.
He was in the media a few months ago for some brave act in the course of his job.
Posted by: Maringer, November 9, 2018, 2:34pm; Reply: 4
Wouldn't want to be a crim trying to run away from him - he was rapid! (lcop)(lcop)(lcop)

The only footballer I remember seeing score a hat-trick from full-back.
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), November 9, 2018, 2:59pm; Reply: 5
Old News.
He was in the media a few months ago for some brave act in the course of his job.

That might be the photo I've seen then.

Didn't know.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, November 9, 2018, 3:34pm; Reply: 6
CDAJATL  :P
Posted by: Mikoo, November 9, 2018, 3:46pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Maringer
Wouldn't want to be a crim trying to run away from him - he was rapid! (lcop)(lcop)(lcop)

Gareth Bale?
Posted by: golfer, November 9, 2018, 6:21pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Rick12

Do you mean a policeman at a racecourse ?
Posted by: Rick12, November 9, 2018, 6:45pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Nothing missing ability wise but appeared to struggle on the attitude and commitment part of the game.
Yes your right.Was our player of the year as well in 2009-2010 which confirms the ability side. There was one who played in our 2014 side which name forgets me.Quality player but transpires according to him didnt love the game enough.

Quoted from Maringer

;D dont mess with the feds

Quoted from golfer

Do you mean a policeman at a racecourse ?
I see what you done there  :)

Posted by: Tommy, November 9, 2018, 7:40pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Rick12
Yes your right.Was our player of the year as well in 2009-2010 which confirms the ability side. There was one who played in our 2014 side which name forgets me.Quality player but transpires according to him didnt love the game enough and played non league soon after

Scott Neilson?
Posted by: LH, November 9, 2018, 8:15pm; Reply: 11
Neilson was playing non-league at the time. More interested in running nightclubs or tanning salons or whatever Essex boys do.
Posted by: Rick12, November 9, 2018, 8:45pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Tommy

Scott Neilson?
Yes thats the one .Skill wise I thought looked excellent for a non league player.

Apology's about the non league part in the initial post now amended .Thought we were a league side back in 2014.

Certainly though Scott Neilson I thought was better than non league
Posted by: Abdul19, November 9, 2018, 8:54pm; Reply: 13
He had lovely teeth
Posted by: Maringer, November 9, 2018, 9:02pm; Reply: 14
I seem to recall that Neilson said he didn't actually like playing football all that much in an interview once? Weirdo.
Posted by: LH, November 9, 2018, 9:18pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Abdul19
He had lovely teeth

‘Summered’ well too. In fact it was quite impressive to see how much timber he’d put on in six weeks.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 9, 2018, 10:57pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Madeleymariner
CDAJATL  :P

Not now. The club would never pay for police in the ground.
Posted by: Townee82, November 10, 2018, 8:33am; Reply: 17
What about flash (Mansaram) he was the next big thing at one point what's he doing now he was rapid .
Posted by: Les Brechin, November 10, 2018, 9:30am; Reply: 18
Quoted from Townee82
What about flash (Mansaram) he was the next big thing at one point what's he doing now he was rapid .

Currently in his 4th spell at Armthorpe Welfare, since leaving us!
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, November 10, 2018, 9:45am; Reply: 19
Peter Bore? Something he never did.
Posted by: rancido, November 10, 2018, 1:05pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

This is the problem with a very large number of potential " stars" that come through Youth Team Programmes.
Posted by: Maringer, November 10, 2018, 1:23pm; Reply: 21
I always thought that he lacked confidence. Never seemed to think he could do it so rarely ran at the opposition players despite his pace, decent ball control and finishing ability. As Buckley said, he could have gone places, but it seems he just didn't have the right head on to do so.

A wasted talent, one of many we've seen over the years (not just those who graduated from our youth set up).
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 10, 2018, 1:31pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Maringer
I always thought that he lacked confidence. Never seemed to think he could do it so rarely ran at the opposition players despite his pace, decent ball control and finishing ability. As Buckley said, he could have gone places, but it seems he just didn't have the right head on to do so.

A wasted talent, one of many we've seen over the years (not just those who graduated from our youth set up).

Aye. Was a shame. The lad looked awesome at times.
Posted by: fiveallive, November 10, 2018, 2:44pm; Reply: 23
Peter was excellent under Graham Rodger his best spell was Rodger spell in charge he seemed to score goals I personally felt he had potential to play at Championship level.

Peter Bore is around my age I remember being at college and been told by college tutors not everyone can be the next Peter Bore this back in 2006.

He only seemed to play under Rodger and Woods who both knew him since he was a kid.
Posted by: moosey_club, November 10, 2018, 3:01pm; Reply: 24
The game at Morecambe when he played up front with Jones he looked a natural...scored a couple that day I think.
Posted by: Tommy, November 10, 2018, 6:37pm; Reply: 25
His most consistent spell by far was as a right-back under Woodsy. Was a 7/10 or 8/10 every week in a season where we clearly struggled as a team.

When he played as a right-winger or striker he was a 5/10 or 6/10 most weeks but had a few 9/10's up his sleeve.

G.Rodger only lasted a couple of months so don't agree with whoever said Bore played his best stuff under him.

Agree with Maringer that despite the perception some people used to have of him because of his laid-back personality, I think he lacked confidence or self-belief most of the time.
Posted by: Mariner_501, November 10, 2018, 8:09pm; Reply: 26
Should have played at championship level. What a shame
Posted by: fiveallive, November 11, 2018, 2:15pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Tommy
His most consistent spell by far was as a right-back under Woodsy. Was a 7/10 or 8/10 every week in a season where we clearly struggled as a team.

When he played as a right-winger or striker he was a 5/10 or 6/10 most weeks but had a few 9/10's up his sleeve.

G.Rodger only lasted a couple of months so don't agree with whoever said Bore played his best stuff under him.

Agree with Maringer that despite the perception some people used to have of him because of his laid-back personality, I think he lacked confidence or self-belief most of the time.

Bore scored 8 goals 2006/07 season and 5 of them was before Buckley took over on in November 2006, Buckley then dropped him lack work ethic if I remember.

Posted by: Abdul19, November 11, 2018, 2:53pm; Reply: 28
Agree with Tommy and Maringer. To be fair to Woods (and Chris Casper?), during that 107 game run without winning the defence wasn't bad, and he was decent. He seemed to benefit from having the game in front of him, rather than receiving the ball with his back to goal, where he didn't seem to really know what he was doing.

IIRC he turned down a contract and went on trial at Bournemouth, where he did alright but not enough to be signed. I was surprised to see him then turn up somewhere in the conference North (Harrogate?)

What could've been etc. Pleased to see him doing well for himself outside of the game though.
Posted by: arryarryarry, November 11, 2018, 10:23pm; Reply: 29
Can't remember where he went but didn't he go out on loan and was sent back early because of his attitude?
Posted by: Brazilnut, November 11, 2018, 10:34pm; Reply: 30
York i think
Posted by: mimma, November 11, 2018, 10:59pm; Reply: 31
He was a natural but lacked a footballing brain. he could do things instinctively, but if he had time to think he was buggered.

He turned down the offer of a new contract believing he could do better. He had a few trails but wasn't offered anything, so he came back to Town and said he would like to sign that contract. Unfortunately for him we had signed a replacement (can't remember who), so he was told he was too late.

He was certainty fast with the ball but often went missing and would often switch off, things that can be improved, but he never did.A hat trick against Boston was the best game he played for us, a glimpse of what might have been.
Posted by: Tommy, November 11, 2018, 11:52pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from mimma
He was a natural but lacked a footballing brain. he could do things instinctively, but if he had time to think he was buggered.

He turned down the offer of a new contract believing he could do better. He had a few trails but wasn't offered anything, so he came back to Town and said he would like to sign that contract. Unfortunately for him we had signed a replacement (can't remember who), so he was told he was too late.

He was certainty fast with the ball but often went missing and would often switch off, things that can be improved, but he never did.A hat trick against Boston was the best game he played for us, a glimpse of what might have been.

Indeed there was that hat-trick (the 6-1 away win after we'd been on an awful run) and also the hat-trick at home to Mansfield (7-2 on NYD i think) in the conference.

Can't be many players that have scored more than one hat-trick for us in the last 20 years?
Hearn. Amond. I don't think Connell got many hat-trick's if any.
Posted by: bluerose13x, November 12, 2018, 6:07pm; Reply: 33
Well done Peter, gave 100% when it mattered.
Print page generated: May 2, 2024, 1:24pm