KingstonMariner
November 6, 2018, 6:40pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from LondonMariner43
If it was so easy to do this then every club would be regularly signing these rough diamonds and making a million.

In the 5 tiers below L2, there might be 10-20 strikers.  Maybe half have potential at a higher level.  There are 90 league clubs chasing these players.  If they are really good they will have ambition beyond the middle of L2.

Statistically we will get one of these once every 10-20 years.  

Football management isn’t the easy job some seem to think!

I assume you mean 10-20 very high scoring strikers? Not 10-20 strikers full stop.

There are 20+ teams in each division, and there are generally more divisions in each tier you go down. So the potential pool of strikers is vast.

Championship and Premiership clubs are highly unlikely to be fishing in that pond. They tend to sign from their own level or 1 or 2 levels below themselves, when not recruiting from abroad.

So I'd question your conclusion that statistically we'd get one every 10-20 years if we tried.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 41
diehardmariner
November 6, 2018, 7:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,601
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from pen penfras

So now you want Fenty to interfere in transfers? Of course you don't, be realistic, find criticism where it is due but don't use every fu(king stick on the tree to beat him with, because not everything is one man's fault. The way that he gets blamed for absolutely everything is so daft. There are genuine criticisms of the board that they can improve on, but throwing every bit of sh1t at them devalues any genuine criticism and just looks like childish hatred.

Where did I say anything of the sort?
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 41
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What i dont understand

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.