Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We are down with this team.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 258 Guests

We are down with this team.

This thread currently has 8,761 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Northbank Mariner
November 3, 2018, 9:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from GrimRob
We need a good window and hope someone has a 20-goals a season striker who is surplus to requirements and wants to come to Grimsby.

Good luck with that...2 hopes and ones Bob!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 54
HertsGTFC
November 3, 2018, 9:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,881
Gold Stars: 227
Quoted from GrimRob
We need a good window and hope someone has a 20-goals a season striker who is surplus to requirements and wants to come to Grimsby.

We had one in fact his 30+ goals brought us up but the tight bar stewards who currently "run" the club wouldn't get their hands in their pockets to keep him.

I think you possibly need to find the phone number of Mr R Race and add the dialing code for Melchester.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 54
MuddyWaters
November 3, 2018, 10:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from GrimRob

Bloke called Amond would come for an 18 month, 30 month, indefinite contract
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 54
grimsby pete
November 3, 2018, 11:17pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from GrimRob

You are a betting man Rob so what do you think the odds are on that happening. ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 54
KingstonMariner
November 3, 2018, 11:23pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from moosey_club

hahaha....unfortunately your analogy is floored.....if the floodlights need repairing at BP JF would be up there like a shot in his red overalls !!  

And that in a nutshell is why we're are where we are.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 54
arryarryarry
November 3, 2018, 11:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from A.l.f.
Massive over reaction Yoda.  I think we've improved since 6 weeks ago and the only thing missing the last 2 games has been goals.  Both Crewe and Cambridge could have gone either way.
I personally think that we will be ok.
We need a period of stability and although Michael Jolley is working with several restrictions, i have faith in him and we all need to get behind the team.
As we left the ground i heard some Cambridge fans saying that we were the better team today and they had got lucky.  So we are not as bad as you think.
UTM and stay positive.

I don't know if you actually get to many games but the Crewe and Cambridge games went only one way and that was because at the moment we are not scoring enough goals and we cannot prevent the opposition scoring when we make defensive mistakes.

I felt we deserved to not lose today but we did and just think we lack the quality in both players and managerial decisions which has to be improved as soon as possible otherwise I fear we are in for a long struggle which may ultimately lead to our dropping out of the EFL.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 54
GrimRob
November 3, 2018, 11:48pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from grimsby pete

You are a betting man Rob so what do you think the odds are on that happening. ?

Try in the league below, then the one below that, and so on. You'll eventually find someone who'll come and has scored 20 goals in a season recently and who is within our means

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 26 - 54
forza ivano
November 4, 2018, 12:07am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from chaos33
Isn't it more the reality that both teams are, on evidence thus far, bottom six entrenched and relegation battle bound?

Look at us - 10 goals in 16 games. That is pathetic.

Totally agree chaos.i said at half time that it was a game that truly showed that league positions don't lie and both teams demonstrated just why they are where they are
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 54
Mrs Doyle
November 4, 2018, 6:55am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from GrimRob

Even if we get a decent striker will jolley have the bottle to play TWO STRIKERS up front???

We spend too much time firefighting instead of being proactive.

We make chances but sorry Vernam. JJ you just have to chip in with goals.

Goalscorers so far including cup games.

Thomas 2.
Cook 2.
Rose 2.
Embleton, Hendrie, Hessenthaler, Vernam, Woolford, Hooper just ONE goal each.

In fact, in the league, we have only scored ten times. For crying out loud our goal difference is -11.

That is simply NOT GOOD ENOUGH.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 54
Gaffer58
November 4, 2018, 7:33am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
Look at last season, first game away at Chesterfield, a 4-1 win and we all believed we would walk the league, little did we know that Chesterfield were the dogs dinner and we weren't much better in reality.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We are down with this team.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.