Bigdog
October 10, 2018, 9:11am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from mirrorballman

I read that differently. Isn't Barralad suggesting that if the club reneged on the deal it would unite the fan base against the club?

Yeah, you're right. Totally misread Barra's post..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 11
GrimRob
October 10, 2018, 12:01pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from ska face

I think there’s an element of individual responsibility missing from your post and much of the discussion around the Trust. If you are a member but don’t know what the Trust do...why are you a member? If you don’t know what they do, have you tried to find out?

I think a lot of problems, perhaps magnified by comments on this board, come about because of people being deliberately obtuse and acting as if they need everything explaining to them in big letters written out in crayon.

Your talk about changes being “imposed” on the organisation (not members) ignores the fact that any changes would be a result of a member-consultation exercise where members, and potential members, have had the opportunity to shape these actions.

I would think many people join the Trust just because it is associated with GTFC and it gives them a chance to nail their colours to the mast. I put myself in that category. Having policies though in effect makes it like a political party that you join if you agree with them.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 11 - 11
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mariners Trust Newsletter

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.