Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: psgmariner, October 9, 2018, 12:11pm
Some interesting stuff in here:

http://www.marinerstrust.co.uk/newsletter-9102018/

Some highlights for the tl:dr folk.

On the price paid for a seat on the Board - We will shortly be issuing a memorandum of understanding which will outline our working relationship with the club which will cover this and other issues. This will confirm that our board place is not conditional on fundraising.

On B teams - We are delighted that the club have agreed to incorporate into our agreement that they will NEVER agree to the introduction of premiership representation into the EFL league structure.
Posted by: pizzzza, October 9, 2018, 12:31pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from psgmariner
Some interesting stuff in here:

On B teams - We are delighted that the club have agreed to incorporate into our agreement that they will NEVER agree to the introduction of premiership representation into the EFL league structure.

What? Never, ever, ever for all time? I'd be interested to hear what would happen if the club reneged on this agreement at some point in the future.
Posted by: arryarryarry, October 9, 2018, 12:48pm; Reply: 2
To stop the club voting for it they may have to hand over more shares ;)
Posted by: GrimRob, October 9, 2018, 12:48pm; Reply: 3
It's a chicken and egg thing. A lot of the members don't know what the MT stands for, but at the same time, it's asking its members what it should stand for. Will the ones who did know what it stood for take on board the changes imposed upon it?
Posted by: 1mickylyons, October 9, 2018, 1:58pm; Reply: 4
I think that`s a fair and balanced newsletter from the MT .These guy`s are volunteers and do a hell of a lot behind the scenes that we know nothing about but would be lost without.Onwards and upwards MT .
Posted by: barralad, October 9, 2018, 2:34pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from pizzzza

What? Never, ever, ever for all time? I'd be interested to hear what would happen if the club reneged on this agreement at some point in the future.

The agreement is out in the open and will be in writing and signed. At the very least thatcwould give us considerable moral high ground. I suspect if the club then went down that route it would quite possibly unite the fan base in a way not previously seen.
Posted by: ska face, October 9, 2018, 4:08pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from GrimRob
It's a chicken and egg thing. A lot of the members don't know what the MT stands for, but at the same time, it's asking its members what it should stand for. Will the ones who did know what it stood for take on board the changes imposed upon it?

I think there’s an element of individual responsibility missing from your post and much of the discussion around the Trust. If you are a member but don’t know what the Trust do...why are you a member? If you don’t know what they do, have you tried to find out?

I think a lot of problems, perhaps magnified by comments on this board, come about because of people being deliberately obtuse and acting as if they need everything explaining to them in big letters written out in crayon.

Your talk about changes being “imposed” on the organisation (not members) ignores the fact that any changes would be a result of a member-consultation exercise where members, and potential members, have had the opportunity to shape these actions.
Posted by: psgmariner, October 9, 2018, 4:41pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from ska face

I think there’s an element of individual responsibility missing from your post and much of the discussion around the Trust. If you are a member but don’t know what the Trust do...why are you a member? If you don’t know what they do, have you tried to find out?

I think a lot of problems, perhaps magnified by comments on this board, come about because of people being deliberately obtuse and acting as if they need everything explaining to them in big letters written out in crayon.

Your talk about changes being “imposed” on the organisation (not members) ignores the fact that any changes would be a result of a member-consultation exercise where members, and potential members, have had the opportunity to shape these actions.

Was about to post something similar. If people have internet access there is no excuse for not knowing what the Trust are about. Go to their website and click on About Us....

http://www.marinerstrust.co.uk/about/
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 9, 2018, 10:54pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from ska face

It's a sad reflection of the consumer society we've become. People seem to want to choose between options presented to them by rich people.
Posted by: mirrorballman, October 10, 2018, 9:03am; Reply: 9
Quoted from Bigdog

It will take helluva lot more than an agreement in writing from the club regarding B teams to unite the club and fans in a way not previously seen Barra. It's barely the tip of the iceberg..

I read that differently. Isn't Barralad suggesting that if the club reneged on the deal it would unite the fan base against the club?
Posted by: Bigdog, October 10, 2018, 9:11am; Reply: 10
Quoted from mirrorballman

I read that differently. Isn't Barralad suggesting that if the club reneged on the deal it would unite the fan base against the club?

Yeah, you're right. Totally misread Barra's post..
Posted by: GrimRob, October 10, 2018, 12:01pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from ska face

I would think many people join the Trust just because it is associated with GTFC and it gives them a chance to nail their colours to the mast. I put myself in that category. Having policies though in effect makes it like a political party that you join if you agree with them.
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 4:24pm