Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bury Match Thread
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 118 Guests

Bury Match Thread

This thread currently has 20,811 views. Print
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
September 8, 2018, 3:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Bigdog
Famewo plays with Whitmore, defence plays a high line and looks pacey and solid and less of a gap to Cook. Collins plays with Whitmore, defence plays deeper and looks slow and shaky and Cook gets isolated. Collins dishing out bollockings left right and centre yet misses challenges and headers himself. It seems like he makes his fellow defenders nervy with his presence. Not convinced we need Collins as a starter at all, nearly always the same when he plays nowadays..

To be honest having been to every game so far including the friendlies I've not been that impressed with Whitmore.

I also have to say I'm not currently impressed with Jolley, more team changes, leaves out Vernam one of our best players and 2-0 down and still playing one up front.

Major changes this half or he will be losing a lot of support.
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 162
HertsGTFC
September 8, 2018, 3:57pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,953
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Bigdog
Famewo plays with Whitmore, defence plays a high line and looks pacey and solid and less of a gap to Cook. Collins plays with Whitmore, defence plays deeper and looks slow and shaky and Cook gets isolated. Collins dishing out bollockings left right and centre yet misses challenges and headers himself. It seems like he makes his fellow defenders nervy with his presence. Not convinced we need Collins as a starter at all, nearly always the same when he plays nowadays..

Clifton adds nothing defensively as he get's shrugged off the ball too often so why not play more offensively with Vernam. Jolley still baffling me or maybe he's just too conservative and defensively minded..

Could not agree more.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 162
Mighty_Mariner
September 8, 2018, 3:58pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Ipswin
No Vernam AGAIN!

Why won't he pick him to start FFS?

Like he has the last 2 games you mean Swin? 🤦‍♂️

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 162
Stadium
September 8, 2018, 3:58pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from OllieGTFC
Do not deserve to be Losing for me they had two shots two goals, we had a few chances but haven’t taken them

Err that's the idea??-take your chances.
If you don't you deserve to be losing.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 162
sonofmadeleymariner
September 8, 2018, 3:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
Got to say, I wasn't surprised by the negative line up today, I sadly expected it. Why is Vernam not starting? Collins shouldn't of started and Davis should be in the middle with Hendrie out wide. Can't wait for Thomas to be back so he can start up front in a three with Cook and Vernam.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 162
denni266
September 8, 2018, 3:59pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
3 games to get it right Mr Jolley...1 win in 7 is sacking material......fine words and nice suits dont win me over . sign players that cant play for one reason or another . play players well out of position ..and no game plan for us or the players to see.. just as bad as slade  so far
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 162
Garth
September 8, 2018, 4:00pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from OllieGTFC
Do not deserve to be Losing for me they had two shots two goals, we had a few chances but haven’t taken them

Strange way to put it, they were better defending and attacking than us but don`t deserve anything for it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 162
Northbank Mariner
September 8, 2018, 4:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,474
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from promotion plaice

When does Jolley start taking some of the blame, seems like he's bullet proof at the moment ?

NOW!!!....his squad, his players, his backroom staff and assistants!!...add to that it's his tactics and approach to the mix and the finger points in one direction and one direction only!!...
Don't want to see him fail but I do wonder if he's a morph of bignot and slade,..
Plus Macca needs to get out of the habit of just hoofing it up field, Russell has far better distribution of the ball...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 162
OllieGTFC
September 8, 2018, 4:01pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -293
Quoted from denni266
3 games to get it right Mr Jolley...1 win in 7 is sacking material......fine words and nice suits dont win me over . sign players that cant play for one reason or another . play players well out of position ..and no game plan for us or the players to see.. just as bad as slade  so far

Took Slade 19 games without a win to get sacked, his job is safe for now

We're on our way back, we’ll was now on our way back to non league 👍🏻
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 162
Ipswin
September 8, 2018, 4:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

Like he has the last 2 games you mean Swin? 🤦‍♂️

Yes that's exactly what I mean

All this balderdash about what a great squad Jolley is building but he hasn't got a flipping clue who to play and where.

He might be good at attracting players he's not so hot at coaching and tactics. Like someone already said Slade in a suit (but without the experience)

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 162
17 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bury Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.