Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › iFollow on TV
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 315 Guests

iFollow on TV

This thread currently has 41,696 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
August 2, 2018, 4:51pm
Guest User
Well, I found out that my TV has a built-in Lan adapter, so don't need any other stuff, I hope.  Anyway, after a lot of messing about, I was able to get a browser for the TV and entered in all the details of the URL for iFollow, this worked fine, I logged in to iFollow, everything went fine, then tried to play one of the videos there, nothing, it just won't play the videos!  I'm stumped.
Reply: 20 - 40
promotion plaice
August 2, 2018, 4:56pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from sutton mariner
Plug your laptop into your TV with a HDMI cable.

I've plugged my Chromebook into the TV using a HDMI cable and played the Gainsborough highlights on my Chromebook through iFollow but on the TV just got the highlights sound and no picture if that makes sense......any ideas ?

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 40
Maringer
August 2, 2018, 4:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,496
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from LH
Roughly how much data would streaming a match use up?

Depends on the transmission quality - I don't use iFollow myself so no idea.

Supposedly it is an 'adaptive streamer' which checks the available bandwidth intermittently and ups or downs the bandwidth used as required. Of course, this doesn't help you if you want to limit the bandwidth used. Not sure if the iFollow player allows you to specify a limit or resolution.

I've read somewhere that, in general, streaming SD video works out around 1GB per hour with HD around 3GB but that was in reference to Netflix. Whether or not this is the case with iFollow, I don't know. Depends on the codec used and quality of the stream.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 40
Maringer
August 2, 2018, 5:01pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 123614
Well, I found out that my TV has a built-in Lan adapter, so don't need any other stuff, I hope.  Anyway, after a lot of messing about, I was able to get a browser for the TV and entered in all the details of the URL for iFollow, this worked fine, I logged in to iFollow, everything went fine, then tried to play one of the videos there, nothing, it just won't play the videos!  I'm stumped.

Try pointing your TV browser at http://html5test.com/ and see if it can support HTML5 video or not. Sounds as though it perhaps can't.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 40
Maringer
August 2, 2018, 5:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from promotion plaice

I've plugged my Chromebook into the TV using a HDMI cable and played the Gainsborough highlights on my Chromebook through iFollow but on the TV just got the highlights sound and no picture if that makes sense......any ideas ?

Have you plugged in your Chromebook before? Might need to check that the TV supports the resolution and frequency being sent along the HDMI cable. You might need to manually change the resolution on the TV for that matter.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 40
promotion plaice
August 2, 2018, 5:32pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from Maringer

Have you plugged in your Chromebook before? Might need to check that the TV supports the resolution and frequency being sent along the HDMI cable. You might need to manually change the resolution on the TV for that matter.

I've never plugged my Chromebook in before  
Gone into the Menu on the TV and found "Adjust screen frequency and phase automatically for viewing PC screen on TV"...... when selected it says "This function isn't available" .
Tried it on another TV and got the same.....sound but no picture  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 40
August 2, 2018, 6:50pm
Guest User
Quoted from Maringer

Try pointing your TV browser at http://html5test.com/ and see if it can support HTML5 video or not. Sounds as though it perhaps can't.

I ran the test and it scored 488/ 555?. (I think it was 555, might be wrong though.)  

Reply: 26 - 40
fiveallive
August 2, 2018, 6:54pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
I used Android Box for streaming Ifollow.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 40
Maringer
August 2, 2018, 7:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from promotion plaice

I've never plugged my Chromebook in before  
Gone into the Menu on the TV and found "Adjust screen frequency and phase automatically for viewing PC screen on TV"...... when selected it says "This function isn't available" .
Tried it on another TV and got the same.....sound but no picture  

Sorry, no experience of Chromebooks so I'd have to recommend a Google search for info. Perhaps worth trying a different HDMI port on your TV?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 40
Maringer
August 2, 2018, 7:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from 123614

I ran the test and it scored 488/ 555?. (I think it was 555, might be wrong though.)  

That's a pretty good score. My guess is that it will probably work OK. No guarantees, however!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 40
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › iFollow on TV

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.