Reply: 31 - 77
Davec
July 7, 2018, 3:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
What was the 2nd half team? How did we look, surely somebody went to give us an early insight.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 77
moosey_club
July 7, 2018, 3:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
Just back -

first half looked decent ,
the lad on the left who i thought was probably the new Luton loanee but now looks like he was the Burnley triallist looked quick and decent left foot.  
Cook and Hooper looked lively, some nice one touch interchanges which on one occassion got the Hooper the chance to calmly finish.

Hessentaler (?) looked very slight and didnt contribute a great deal.

Rose was cropping up all over and scored his penalty.

Dixon was on set piece delivery.

Second half looked awful.....
wholesale changes and none looked any good in all honesty. Who i presume where Davis and Whitmore at the back looked shaky and poor on the ball, back line all over the place. Welsh looked slow and was getting caught in possesion, Fox out of touch, Robles did nothing, Whitehouse was probably the busiest but nothing outstanding... zero shape in the middle.  Totally out fought and dominated by the Clee lads.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 77
ScottyUTM
July 7, 2018, 3:56pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +11
Agree with the above, cook and hooper linked up well and caused a couple of problems, Mitch rose Was brilliant, always wanting the ball and kept things ticking over, the Burnley lad showed glimpses of quality and caused them a few problems with his pace and trickery. Overall in the first half I thought we played well and never looked troubled until the own goal.

Second half was awful, Fox wasn’t good at all, center half’s looked shaky, welsh lost the ball a hell of a lot which resulted in a clee goal, Robles looked slow and didn’t offer much and Woolford also lost the ball a lot and didn’t do a great deal. Whitehouse was the best of a poor second half team, he looked busy and tidy.

It’s al about the fitness and I’m sure they all got a good run out however from what I saw I still think we need a couple more quality signings.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 77
Davec
July 7, 2018, 4:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
I await the inevitable comments about it being "only pre season" and "give him a chance" etc which is true but you just get the feeling that Robles will be a terrible terrible signing probably worse than any of Slades signings, He didn't have a good scoring record in Spain at a level which is probably Sunday league standard and he's failed in the conference south in England, if Slade signed him he would have been crucified for it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 77
jonnyboy82
July 7, 2018, 5:07pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
Burnley trialist looked good but the others on trial looked no were near and robles was very poor positives were the weather and the toilets.

GTFC
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 77
Grimbiggs
July 7, 2018, 5:29pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / -4
Approval: +685
Looked good in the 1st half Hooper and the youth player from Burnley played well, whilst Dixon and Rose contributed well and Cook looked Ok, Macca didn't have much to do...2nd half was a completely different story, lightweight and slow at the back, nothing up front, and only Whitehouse contributed, with Clee dominating for most of the half...I know it's only a training/ fitness exercise, but on the 2nd half showing we're a long way off, i'm surprised so few friendlies have been arranged 3/4 more, when we normally play between 8/10...anyway upwards and upwards, and a good turnout of 1800+ supporters...UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 77
barralad
July 7, 2018, 5:35pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Davec
I await the inevitable comments about it being "only pre season" and "give him a chance" etc which is true but you just get the feeling that Robles will be a terrible terrible signing probably worse than any of Slades signings, He didn't have a good scoring record in Spain at a level which is probably Sunday league standard and he's failed in the conference south in England, if Slade signed him he would have been crucified for it.

There is a long list of players who've been hammered on here on the basis of first impressions headed by of all people Shaun Pearson and Craig Clay. You may be right but let's at least give him a full pre-season...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 77
LondonMariner43
July 7, 2018, 6:06pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,947
Gold Stars: 64
It would be hilarious if not so ridiculous to hear players being written off as poor signings on the basis of one half of football in an unfamiliar line up on a boiling hot day.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 77
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Team for Cleethorpes Town

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.