8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
chaos33
July 7, 2018, 8:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,862
Gold Stars: 353
All of Cleethorpes' goals look soft to me.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 77
Gaffer58
July 7, 2018, 8:37pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,094
Gold Stars: 31
Just a quick thank you to Humberside police for allowing the game to go ahead, assume the Waltham W.I. flower arranging meeting didn't overstretch them along with the local derby (note to South Yorks police)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 77
Mighty_Mariner
July 7, 2018, 9:33pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Davec
I await the inevitable comments about it being "only pre season" and "give him a chance" etc which is true but you just get the feeling that Robles will be a terrible terrible signing probably worse than any of Slades signings, He didn't have a good scoring record in Spain at a level which is probably Sunday league standard and he's failed in the conference south in England, if Slade signed him he would have been crucified for it.

And you've come to this conclusion based on a 45 minute showing in the very first pre-season game in which he played with guys he's never player with before?!?

Wow Aaron... Just wow!!

Can I ask.. Did you also write off Carl Magnay when he started poorly? Shaun Pearson when he looked out of his depth before finding his feet? Liam Hearn who didn't score for the first 10 games of his Town career until he got to know his team mates a little more, or more importantly they got to know him? Or the countless other player that have started poorly but gone on to be very good players for town?

I know we all want instant success etc etc but give the guy a chance for goodness sake!!! What will that do for Robles' confidence if he goes on the Fishy tonight and reads your scathing remarks?!?

All Town aren't we?!?

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 77
Croxton
July 7, 2018, 9:45pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 33
Looking at trialists and new signings in possibly unfair conditions, e.g.poor pitch and ref.

Koiki - Very promising
Waring - Links play well but no better than what we have.
Whitmore  - Good headers and communication
Davis - Right back/central cover? not a starter
Fox - very rusty and poor recovery speed
Welsh - as above
Woolford - slow and little interaction with rest of midfield
Whitehouse - fit and hardworking
Hessenthaler  - neat, lightweight?
Cook - steady,
Robles - links well, no goal threat
Wright - selfless energy, needs a trick or two.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 77
Davec
July 7, 2018, 9:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 42
Just for the record, in my opinion Magnay started off well for us but I know others don't agree, I don't think Pearson was too bad for us in his first season, Hearn showed good glimpses despite not scoring, Clay impressed me in pre season so I didn't quite understand the negative comments when he signed.

Also all of those came here having already played well in the conference for other clubs or excelled in the league below, Robles doesn't look like that with only 6 goals in 33 games in a very very very poor league in Spain.

Obviously I would love to be proved wrong and I will be sure to eat humble pie if he does prove me wrong.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 77
Mighty_Mariner
July 7, 2018, 10:08pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from Davec
Just for the record, in my opinion Magnay started off well for us but I know others don't agree, I don't think Pearson was too bad for us in his first season, Hearn showed good glimpses despite not scoring, Clay impressed me in pre season so I didn't quite understand the negative comments when he signed.

Also all of those came here having already played well in the conference for other clubs or excelled in the league below, Robles doesn't look like that with only 6 goals in 33 games in a very very very poor league in Spain.

Obviously I would love to be proved wrong and I will be sure to eat humble pie if he does prove me wrong.

What makes you such an expert on lower league Spanish football Aaron?

I'd be interested to know how many full games you watched in the league Robles has just left over the past couple of years that leads you to label it 'very very very poor'?!?

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 77
Grimal
July 7, 2018, 10:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,856
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from 122237[b
]Just for the record, in my opinion Magnay started off well for us but I know others don't agree[/b], I don't think Pearson was too bad for us in his first season, Hearn showed good glimpses despite not scoring, Clay impressed me in pre season so I didn't quite understand the negative comments when he signed.

You obviously never saw Magnay and Clay in their first pre-season game for us, I think it was at Brigg but can't remember, It's an age thing .Everyone was commenting after the game how bad they both were.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 77
forza ivano
July 8, 2018, 1:21am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,126
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

What makes you such an expert on lower league Spanish football Aaron?

I'd be interested to know how many full games you watched in the league Robles has just left over the past couple of years that leads you to label it 'very very very poor'?!?

I'm the last one to stick up for Aaron, but on this he has a very valid point. Do a couple of trips a year to malaga and quite often watch c.d. el palo. Also seen Oviedo in segunda division b. If Robles can't score in tercera division he's not got a snowball chance in hell of being a goalscorer in div 2. It is very definitely conference south or southern prem standard
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 77
MuddyWaters
July 8, 2018, 7:19am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Has everybody forgotten how hard the players will have been worked this week? Of course they looked jaded - where was Cardwell by the way?
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 77
Cloudy
July 8, 2018, 7:54am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Has everybody forgotten how hard the players will have been worked this week? Of course they looked jaded - where was Cardwell by the way?

I can only guess he has a knock or strain from a weeks hard training? The loanee from Luton didnt appear or Akheem Rose either?
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 77
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Team for Cleethorpes Town

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.