3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
The Yard Dog
June 25, 2018, 9:52pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,504
Gold Stars: 74
For all those stay away fans, now is the time to step back into Blundell Park and back the Jolley revolution.

Credit has to be given to the board, for backing Jolley

Not even seen the players play together yet, on paper Jolley is putting together a very good squad.

Splash the dembele money on a goal scorer, will be a real statement of intent.

I have not been this excited about the up and coming season for years.

Lets show the Cowley's and the Gimps how it should be done.

Hopefully the first home game should be a sell-out, put the veggie away fans in a burger van in the constitutional corner and give the Osmond stand to our fans.

Come on UTM and England
Logged Offline
Private Message
promotion plaice
June 25, 2018, 10:24pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197

Agree with this post but there are people that will never go while JF is in charge (not me) and we have to also respect their choice.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 25
mariner tommy
June 25, 2018, 10:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +12 / -5
Approval: +1,871
Gold Stars: 13
I have the same optimism every season and every year I buy my season ticket on the first day they’re on sale.
But this time there is a bigger feeling of optimism with the positivity of every one associated with the club, including the supporters.
I really does seem that we have  got the recipe correct for the first time in ages, roll on August

UTM

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its students."  ..Hector Berlioz, 1856.
                                   “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"  ...Voltaire, 1694-1778

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 25
hheh2
June 25, 2018, 11:00pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +759
Gold Stars: 4
Not been this much excitement for a season since promotion UTM

Poojah's fishy
[img]https://image.ibb.co/dgpebm/Dascyllus_melanurus_1.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 25
ska face
June 25, 2018, 11:10pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,658
Gold Stars: 847
Don’t live in the area, but is anything different being done locally to promote season tickets?

All I’ve seen is the usual “secure your season ticket” tweets. I’ve not even had an email from the club, perhaps others have?

All seems to have gone quiet on that front, which is a shame given the feel good factor at the minute. They’d be as well printing posters and sticking them up in pubs that are heaving with football fans, have a pop-up stall in the market place at the weekend giving out info packs, every new signing should be filmed doing a 10 second clip telling fans to buy a ST. Convince the people that are 15-20 game a year attendees (lots of exiles), to make slightly bigger commitment.

You don’t need loads of offers and freebies, it doesn’t need to be all-singing, all-dancing. People are on the verge of committing all over, they just need a little push. Turn that trickle into a stream and it’ll soon be a flood.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 25
KingstonMariner
June 25, 2018, 11:36pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from ska face
Don’t live in the area, but is anything different being done locally to promote season tickets?

All I’ve seen is the usual “secure your season ticket” tweets. I’ve not even had an email from the club, perhaps others have?

All seems to have gone quiet on that front, which is a shame given the feel good factor at the minute. They’d be as well printing posters and sticking them up in pubs that are heaving with football fans, have a pop-up stall in the market place at the weekend giving out info packs, every new signing should be filmed doing a 10 second clip telling fans to buy a ST. Convince the people that are 15-20 game a year attendees (lots of exiles), to make slightly bigger commitment.

You don’t need loads of offers and freebies, it doesn’t need to be all-singing, all-dancing. People are on the verge of committing all over, they just need a little push. Turn that trickle into a stream and it’ll soon be a flood.

Aye. Little bit of simple marketing could give people the nudge.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 25
lew chaterleys lover
June 25, 2018, 11:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,712
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Aye. Little bit of simple marketing could give people the nudge.

Or a full throated plea to the town to get their fingers out and support their local club; to get behind the Jolley revolution and lead the club and town on to greater things.If the marketing dept. do not make the most of this goodwill they should be ashamed.,
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 25
Kris2
June 26, 2018, 12:55am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136

Or a full throated plea to the town to get their fingers out and support their local club; to get behind the Jolley revolution and lead the club and town on to greater things.If the marketing dept. do not make the most of this goodwill they should be ashamed.,

Time to get the t shirts and bald caps....Oh wait wrong revolution.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 25
lukeo
June 26, 2018, 6:56am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Have to agree, a real buzz and I really hope people try to put the JF issue to one side and back Jolley and the boys. But If people still won't go until JF is gone then that is their decision, it'd be a shame as I genuinely believe this season is going to be exciting.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 25
Cloudy
June 26, 2018, 7:08am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
In reaponse toSka; No norhing.

Even a deaf and blind guy could feel a wave of positivity but there is no attempt to capitalise on it.

Really dissapointing and yes, I renewed my season tkt weeks ago
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 25
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Now is the time

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.